This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
    Ooooohhhh yyyeeeeessss Action Jackson...sigh, sorry had a real fan girl moment then. I love action Jackson, such wonderful character development from geeky Daniel to the man we see holding a gun,fighting, being a real leader, killing Gou'ld, saving lives, getting the girl...oh wait... that's the same Daniel we saw in the movie.
    you just explained why you like this daniel. because he's finally jack.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
      Um....what does blonde hair have to do with rank

Nothing. It's just flynn being her normal <insert word of choice> self and attacking the physical attributes of Amanda (which is against the rules) at every opportunity.

As for me I couldn't care what rank they made Mitchell, just so long as they made him a believable character rather than the incompetent and erratic clown of a caricature that we got.
      -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
        Nothing. It's just flynn being her normal <insert word of choice> self and attacking the physical attributes of Amanda (which is against the rules) at every opportunity.

As for me I couldn't care what rank they made Mitchell, just so long as they made him a believable character rather than the incompetent and erratic clown of a caricature that we got.

Here, here! I'd say Mitchell 'outranks' Carter - but only in the ollifactory scentssense.

It's too bad. I was all set to like Mitchell because of Browder. However...writing got in the way.

suse
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          Lighting. In all the other pictures, the hair looks fine to me. Being a natural blonde doesn't mean that one doesn't color one's hair a different shade of blond from time to time.

So, the flynn1959 who posts on OS isn't you, then?
          No, that's not just lighting, but that's okay, Carter doesn't really exist so if you want to think of her as a real blonde go ahead, knock yourself out.

Yes that's me too! I always use the same name, unlike a lot of other people, I go there sometimes, not that often and I seldom post there. They seem much better informed and it really is a fun place, unlike some I could mention.

Back OT, Mitchell should outrank Carter because well he just makes a much better leader IMO, Carter couldn't lead a team out of a paper bag without getting stuck. Mitchell has a presence and authority that Carter simply lacks.
          sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            you just explained why you like this daniel. because he's finally jack.

sally

Well you spend that much time with your SO and that kind of thing is going to happen! Jack and Daniel forever...they are soooo married. LOL!
            sigpic

Comment

No, that's not just lighting, but that's okay, Carter doesn't really exist so if you want to think of her as a real blonde go ahead, knock yourself out.
              that's what blond hair looks like.
              Back OT, Mitchell should outrank Carter because well he just makes a much better leader IMO, Carter couldn't lead a team out of a paper bag without getting stuck. Mitchell has a presence and authority that Carter simply lacks.
              good for you, great opinion. rather harshly put, but there's nothing wrong with that. let me try. i wouldn't trust Mitchell to lead a boy scout troop. and i mean that literally. his presence to me is arrogance, and his authority is only in the sense of a shoehorned lucky break that doesn't know how to be there. his decisions aren't respected by anyone. Carter was a better leader in Spirits than Mitchell has ever been. i know auxiliary cadets that wouldn't make the mistakes he has (granted, one graduated with top everything at Lackland, but most of the rest are still in high school). they could lead better, in fact they have. as another poster said (officer) i have Lieutenant in maintenance that could lead better.
              Well you spend that much time with your SO and that kind of thing is going to happen! Jack and Daniel forever...they are soooo married. LOL!
              the problem with that statement is that it's not true. (assuming they are married, for that sake of argument) you can spend your entire life--much less than a decade--with someone and not become in anyway like them. and, if you do, you do it slowly. and only in very said cases do you loose your own morals. especially if those morals include immense love of human life. jack and daniel as teammates? he had a better chance of becoming sam (or even teal’c) much closer to his style.
              sigpic
              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities View Post
                , jack and daniel as teammates? he had a better chance of becoming sam (or even teal’c) much closer to his style.

Yes, because he has so much in common with a woman and an alien with a snake in his gut!!
                sigpic

Comment

I think Carter has shown time and time again that she simply cannot be trusted. I recently re-watched Seth and was amused to see how quick Sam caved when questioned by Seth. Same as she caved in TFC, and Gemini, etc. She desserts her post at the drop of a hat, (or a man she fancies), she consorts with aliens, even helps them escape! She is over-emotional. And even though she is older than Mitchell I don't think she displays any degree of maturity.

Mitchell should outrank her and I really hope he does by the time we see the movies.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes that's me too! I always use the same name, unlike a lot of other people, I go there sometimes, not that often and I seldom post there. They seem much better informed and it really is a fun place, unlike some I could mention.
                    If I thought another forum had people who were much better informed, if I thought it really was a fun place, why, I'd just hang out and post there all the time. But that's just me.

Apparently, *you* like to hang out at forums where you think the people are not well informed – where they aren't very much fun. Takes all kinds, I guess.

I can't think of any reason why Mitchell should get a promotion and outrank Carter.

Comment

Mitchell *has* a presence? Sheesh. Invisible Jack had much more of a presence than Mitchell has ever had, IMO.

Comment

I think Carter has shown time and time again that she simply cannot be trusted. I recently re-watched Seth and was amused to see how quick Sam caved when questioned by Seth.
                        Yes, shame on her for being influenced by an alien brainwashing drug... hang on a second - wasn't Seth's nishta the same type of drug Hathor used on the men of the SGC in Season One?

I guess that means that Jack, Daniel, Hammond and every male on the base (with the exception of Teal'c, of course) are all fully responsible for their actions while under Hathor's influence.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Nightspore View Post
                          I can't think of any reason why Mitchell should get a promotion and outrank Carter.
                          I can.

It would prove once and for all that there was no hope whatsoever for TPTB re. the leadership debate.

Fortunately, given how much Mitchell's role as "leader" was downplayed, and how much the writers stressed that he really wasn't in command of anything, I doubt we'll see him promoted in either movie.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

ROFLMAO I see that those fan script rewrites from Our Sandbox have made it over here!

I wonder if she actually watched Seth? Sam caved in??? Really???? You mean when she answered a question even under the effects of Nish'ta and still didn't answer the question correctly thereby misleading Seth and working on his paranoia???
                            -

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                              Yes, shame on her for being influenced by an alien brainwashing drug... hang on a second - wasn't Seth's nishta the same type of drug Hathor used on the men of the SGC in Season One?

I guess that means that Jack, Daniel, Hammond and every male on the base (with the exception of Teal'c, of course) are all fully responsible for their actions while under Hathor's influence.
                              Oh come on!!

No fair using logic and canon; especially when facing unarmed opponents!
                              -

Comment

[QUOTE=ReganX;6619254]Yes, shame on her for being influenced by an alien brainwashing drug... hang on a second - wasn't Seth's nishta the same type of drug Hathor used on the men of the SGC in Season One?

QUOTE]

Not quite, and Jack and Daniel were also under the influence of Seth's drug but they didn't cave. Guess they are just made of sterner stuff.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X