This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man
    I agree lightsabre. Everyone should just give them a chance. They aren't trying to take over stargate ( afterall, they are just the actors).
    Thank you, fifth man. I don't know where all the anger at BB is coming from.
    Funnily, very little of it goes to CB. Is that because she just has a recurring role? Cuase she is a woman?? Cause she's hot??
    I dunno.
    I do know that BB and CB didn't hold a gun to RDA's head to get him to quit.
    HTey didn't get AT pregnant.
    They wer offered a job and they took it.
    Story wise, I think a VERY good compromise has been written about mitchell taking over.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsabre
      Thank you, fifth man. I don't know where all the anger at BB is coming from.
      I don't think people are really expressing any anger towards BB.

Funnily, very little of it goes to CB. Is that because she just has a recurring role? Cuase she is a woman?? Cause she's hot??
      I dunno.
      I do know that BB and CB didn't hold a gun to RDA's head to get him to quit.
      HTey didn't get AT pregnant.
      Do you practice making needlessly asinine comments, or does it just come naturally? I'm sorry if this sounds a bit harsh, but you're stating the obvious here. I think it's a safe bet that neither CB nor BB had a hand in AT's pregnancy. Thank you for the newsflash. I also think it's safe to assume that they didn't get together and hold RDA hostage for the job. And the fact that you're suggesting that BB is getting the brunt of all of this concern because he's not a "HOT WOMAN" totally defeats the purpose of an intelligent debate. Have you SEEN the threads where fans are discussing her current wardrobe? Those are mostly women (with many men) who are discussing the mere merit of certain wardrobe choices. I'd say both actors are getting their fair share of fans' reactions here. In this instance, it has nothing to do with gender.

They wer offered a job and they took it.
      Story wise, I think a VERY good compromise has been written about mitchell taking over.
      It sounds good to me, as well. I just have problems with the way it's been handled. There's been quite a bit of beating around the bush when it comes to HOW Mitchell and Carter are going to deal with leading SG-1. It's a fair question. It's a matter of challenging a character who has been there for 8 years with a character who seems very likeable and is definitely not the reason why Carter's gone. It's a pretty sucky contest, actually.

If Mitchell is going to have command forever because Carter's off doing something else, FINE. Tell us so! If Carter is going to get command back, FINE. Tell us so! If it was a choice between either of these options, they'd end up ticking off a HUGE group of fans either way they chose. That's why I think TPTB have come up with a compromise where both Carter and Mitchell share joint command, and the only reason why they haven't told us is because they know we'll definitely be watching. They know that this fighting and bickering and suppositioning is only more reason for us to prove each other wrong. In essence, we're mere pawns - and, apparently, gladly so.

By the way, Light, when you're responding to what other people are saying, please don't presume to have the highest IQ of the bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by IncessantBabbler
        I don't think people are really expressing any anger towards BB.
        Then you haven't read this thread.
        People have been dismissive, rude, said things like 'Some newbie doesn't deserve to come in and take carter's job', ect.
        THat's anger to me. If it's not to you fine, but I don't express your opinions, I express mine and I'm hearing anger from some people.
        Like all the people who have maintained hiring BB is simply to draw in Farscape fans and people who think his character shouldn't lead SG-1.

Do you practice making needlessly asinine comments, or does it just come naturally? I'm sorry if this sounds a bit harsh, but you're stating the obvious here.
        Well, what a reasoned piece of debate this was?? Grow up a bit and realise that you can debate with someone without have to attack them.
        If you wanted to start something with me, you're going the right way about it.
        I was responding to the individual who maintained that it was 'rude' for BB and CB to use SG as a fall back show.
        My comments weren't asinine in the least. Well, not to anyone with the comprehension of a 10 year old.
        I think it's a safe bet that neither CB nor BB had a hand in AT's pregnancy. Thank you for the newsflash. I also think it's safe to assume that they didn't get together and hold RDA hostage for the job.
        Again, you seem unfamiliar with teh concept of humor. My god, it's fairly obvious I was employing hyperbole. See above regarding comprehension levels.
        And the fact that you're suggesting that BB is getting the brunt of all of this concern because he's not a "HOT WOMAN" totally defeats the purpose of an intelligent debate.
        Did I suggest that? I clearly remember suggesting 3 scenario's. The fact is, a lot of this thread has been gender based and biased.
        I'm only talking about this thread, as I think the wardrobe threads are stupid.
        Personally, I don't care if the chars are covered up or letting it all hang out.
        POintless nudity every week would see my turning off my tv, but other than that, I just want to watch sci-fi.
        Have you SEEN the threads where fans are discussing her current wardrobe? Those are mostly women (with many men) who are discussing the mere merit of certain wardrobe choices.
        No, and if you want to talk about that, go there. this ISN'T a wardrobe thread.
        I'd say both actors are getting their fair share of fans' reactions here. In this instance, it has nothing to do with gender.
        I didn't say it did. I was making a joke. My thought was CB wasn't getting the heat cuase she was a minor recurring character. And there has been very little negitive reaction to CB that I have see.
        If you missed the joke, fine, but please don't think you have the right to come and attack me.

It sounds good to me, as well. I just have problems with the way it's been handled.
        There's been quite a bit of beating around the bush when it comes to HOW Mitchell and Carter are going to deal with leading SG-1.
        SO you think they should tell us all this BEFORE the ep premiere's???
        Interesting argument.
        It's a fair question. It's a matter of challenging a character who has been there for 8 years with a character who seems very likeable and is definitely not the reason why Carter's gone. It's a pretty sucky contest, actually.
        The way TPTB have written it, tehre is no contest, Carter leaves, Mitchell takes over. End of story. where's the confusion??
        If Mitchell is going to have command forever because Carter's off doing something else, FINE. Tell us so!
        They have.
        If Carter is going to get command back, FINE. Tell us so!
        They've said she's not.
        If it was a choice between either of these options, they'd end up ticking off a HUGE group of fans either way they chose. That's why I think TPTB have come up with a compromise where both Carter and Mitchell share joint command, and the only reason why they haven't told us is because they know we'll definitely be watching. They know that this fighting and bickering and suppositioning is only more reason for us to prove each other wrong. In essence, we're mere pawns - and, apparently, gladly so.
        Really, got anything to back this up?? Just cuase they are both Lt Col.s doesn't mean they share command.
        Everything I have seen says that Cam is the new SG-1 lead and Sam rejoins the team later. Got anything that contradicts that??
        By the way, Light, when you're responding to what other people are saying, please don't presume to have the highest IQ of the bunch.
        Hmm, I don't remember saying I was smarter than anyone. Considering I quoted Madeline's post and I have a great deal of respect for her, I doubt very much I said anything of the sort. Now of course, if you've read that into my post, there's not a lot i can do about it. But that doesn't give you the right to attack me, yet again. THAT more than anything doesn't help reasoned debate.
        I will say it again, grow up.
        Last edited by Lightsabre; 07 July 2005, 02:06 PM.

Comment

I
          If Mitchell is going to have command forever because Carter's off doing something else, FINE. Tell us so! If Carter is going to get command back, FINE. Tell us so!
          Just a quick pop-in to say that TPTB are going to tell us -- they just don't want to spoil it ahead of time. So instead of saying something now, they're going to let the eps speak for themselves, which is their right. In fact, I'm always surprised at how much info they let out. Sometimes, I wish they'd not say as much as they do!

Comment

Put simply, I actually find Carter a boring character and one of the reasons I hope BB does lead is he is simply a more dynamic personailty. You gotta admit she doesn't light up a room when she enters!
            As to the person who complained about Farscape SFX shots, I have to admit Scape's planet terrains can't compete with Gate's wild and exotic planet scapes that consist of 99% Canadian Pine Forrest.

Comment

Do you practice making needlessly asinine comments, or does it just come naturally? ... Thank you for the newsflash.

Tip to a 'newbie' - it's often a good idea to read the whole thread, or at least the last few pages, before jumping in.

Lightsabre was responding to
              I think it is a little rude for the farscape actors to use stargate as a fall back show. They would have never gotten the part if it wasnt for so many people leaving.
              which pretty much implied that BB and CB are somehow at fault for the cast line-up in s9. So yes, she was stating the obvious in her reply, but it was hardly unwonted!

It's also worth looking at the Forum Rules. They're in the FAQ at the top of this page. We ask that our members respect other posters. Thank you.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                which pretty much implied that BB and CB are somehow at fault for the cast line-up in s9. So yes, she was stating the obvious in her reply, but it was hardly unwonted!
                Thanks for the support, I'm a guy btw, but other than that, thanks!!!

[\QUOTE]

Comment

They are subtly pushing sam/mitchell? since when?
                  And, hey, BB and CB auditioned for the role like everyone else.
                  End of story. It's not like they planned for FS to get canned and to move to SG.
                  Why do I doubt that they auditioned?

Comment

Originally posted by briguy213
                    Why do I doubt that they auditioned?
                    I dunno, why is that?
                    I think it's highly unlikely CB was just sitting around and the phone rang and someone said, 'You on stargate next week'
                    I think it's far more likely they auditioned.
                    But even if they didn't, they were OFFERED a role. Again, no one was forced to do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                      Tip to a 'newbie' - it's often a good idea to read the whole thread, or at least the last few pages, before jumping in.
                      That is a good tip. Luckily I did, in fact, read the whole thread before "jumping in." But thanks for the advice.

That makes sense. I can understand where some may SOUND like they're bashing BB and CB, when in reality they're questioning what the motives are (i.e. bringing in more viewers). I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

During my "light reading" of this thread, I noticed that people were saying that it's not fair for BB and CB to step in and "take the spotlight." I also read where people (including Lightsabre) said it wouldn't be fair for Sam to come back and take the lead once more. Again, it's all a matter of perspective. For example, if I believed that it's been implied that AT was at fault for the "demise" of Sam, or if I felt like she was being treated differently because of pre-existing biases, then it'd all be from MY interpretation... Right?

It's also worth looking at the Forum Rules. They're in the FAQ at the top of this page. We ask that our members respect other posters. Thank you.
                      That's true.

"My god, have you read the spoilers or this thread at ALL??"

"My god. IF you are going to participate, at least have read SOME of the thread."

"My god, don't think much of yourself, do you."

"But hey, your the one who seems immature and insecure. I can't disagree with you without the personal shots??"

"you know, those of us who are adults have things called discussions."

"BUt all that can be done without attacking the other person. When you can do that, hey, welcome to adulthood."

"No one's asked you to go through it again. Did you ever think that maybe, if you mentionin things ad nauseum and people are still disagreeing with you, that your the only one who thinks either 1)carter can/should command
                      2)Fans actually want to see Carter command(with the exception of Sam fans, of course)
                      3)Your the only one who thinks she's done a 'great' job in the role."

"If you thinkthe discussion is usless, stop posting, but please don't blame me if your arguments go round in circles."

"Read the spoilers.
                      SG-1 is DISBANDED. SO THEY LEFT. I cannot make it any bloody more clear than that."

"YOu want to argue about Browder coming on, go start a new thread."

"Oh please, can people stop with this insult crap."

"Did you read where I wrote IT"S NOT APPLICABLE IN THIS CASE????
                      It's there in black and white."
                      I'm assuming that, as long as it's coming from someone who isn't a "newbie," this kind of behavior is acceptable.

I think I'm gonna have to check the Forum Rules and FAQs again. Just to make sure. Thanks for the warning, though!

Comment

Doubt they auditioned. Their body of work on Scape would have been enough for the producers to go by. Likely they were offered the roles.

Comment

Originally posted by david2708
                          Put simply, I actually find Carter a boring character and one of the reasons I hope BB does lead is he is simply a more dynamic personailty. You gotta admit she doesn't light up a room when she enters!
                          As to the person who complained about Farscape SFX shots, I have to admit Scape's planet terrains can't compete with Gate's wild and exotic planet scapes that consist of 99% Canadian Pine Forrest.

/me wonders how any sane person could not call that lighting up the room

Its also interesting that you've said 'Carter's a boring character', but 'BB is a more dynamic personality'
                          How can you compare a fictional character to real actor? For all we know Mitchell could be a straight laced 'Yes sir, No sir, Three bags full sir' career military guy. Would you call that dynamic?
                          Amanda is a very funny and engaging person. You only need to see behind the scenes footage, or read some of her interviews or see her at a con to know that. And I know Ben is as well. Both would do great as the so called 'lead' of the show.
                          But this is not about Amanda or Ben. Its about Carter and Mitchell.
                          We got to see Carter taking command of SG-1 in season 8. And I liked what I saw. We got to see her compently lead SG-1 during that season, and as a Carter fan I enjoyed it.
                          As for Mitchell I havn't seen squat. While I'll have no doubt I'll like his character, I'm going with a 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' view atm. Carter works good in command, I like seeing her in command, so why change it?

But oh well. I guess we'll see what happens next week While I'd definately prefer Carter to be in charge, I'll keep my options open
                          Last edited by Agent_Dark; 07 July 2005, 10:21 PM.

Comment

You know, I didn't even notice she led the team is S8.
                            She may have on paper, but i doubt most fans when asked about SG-1 would have said...you mean the show about that chick that leads a team through a Stargate.
                            I'm predicting a big cat fight between Vala & Carter. Vala wins of course, joins the team, falls in love with Mitchell and poor Carter is relegated to Walter's punchin' in the chevron's role.
                            Last edited by david2708; 07 July 2005, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by david2708
                              You know, I didn't even notice she led the team is S8.
                              She may have on paper, but i doubt most fans when asked about SG-1 would have said...you mean the show about that chick that leads a team through a Stargate.
                              sam led sg1 in season 8, but the writers never gave an ep to show sam shine in it. *that's* what i hope to see in season 9.

btw, i'm a sam/amanda fan, and have been from the get-go. i can see you're a farscape/bb/cb fan, and we both only want the best for our fave characters/actors.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Can someone please direct me to the article, thread post, ect that states inexplicably that Cameron will be the permanent leader of SG-1? I know I have read that SG-1 has been disband. I have read that Cameron will join the team. I have also read that Mitchell wanted to be a member of SG-1 and learn from the 'best', and the last I looked Sam was the commander of SG-1 so who exactly do you think he was referring to? I have also read that Browder will be leader of SG-1 when the series begins; however, from what I have seen in the episode photographs neither Teal'c nor Daniel are even members of SG-1, so my question is, who exactly is Mitchell leading?

I have no issues with Ben Browder joining the show, hopefully he will be a positive force and help take Stargate into a tenth season; however from what I have read of this thread, it is nothing but personal speculation. You are comparing a character who has been around for eight years to one whom you know absolutely nothing about.

I mean come on, in all honesty would you pick a leader for anything under these same circumstances?? A new guy comes in and you know nothing about him, other than a few tid bits of what he may or may not have done in the past and suddenly happily toss him up in the lead position?

This does not mean that Cameron wouldn't make a great team leader, but everyone is making a lot of personal spectulations and calling them fact. The fact of the matter is we really know very little about Mitchell's background or what kind of person he is. Ben Browder may be a wonderful guy, a superb actor and Crichton may have been a blast to watch, but you have absolutely NO clue what Mitchell is like outside of a few glimpses in a magazine or in a 30 second promo clip on Scifi.

As for who will lead SG-1 in season 9, I would prefer to see Sam, but I will wait and see what the writers do with the characters. But for those of you who seem to be on the 'in'... I would really, truly love to read this information you are getting about Camern being the new leader of SG-1. Because in my opinion, unless it comes directly out of one of the writers/producers mouths... or I see it on the screen...it's not a fact.

P.S And for the person who said 'Sam does not light up a room when she enters it... that is only your personal viewpoint. To many Stargate fans, Sam not only lights up a room when she enters, the light is so blinding that we have to wear shades.

ForeverSG1

Comment

Working...
                                X