This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoilers
    .From my understanding, the only way the Wraiths were able to defeat the Ancients was through a plague they had created. The big question I have is when is the Stargate teams going to revisit some past planets, like one from Fire and Water, or even possibly have a ship fly to Tollana and see if there is anyone left, like Narim. Or like with Nya and the people of Bedrosia. With the Prometheus and its new advancements, and possible other military craft in the works, we could easily "visit" that planet and convince the Bedrosians of what is really the truth, which is what the Optricans believe from the get-go. I did read that Jackson is wanting to revisit the planet in which his Uncle Nick Ballard stayed as laison(sp?) for the giant alients. Maybe they could offer some info or technology. There are so many storylines that have happened on the show in which the writers and producers would touch upon. I think of the big things for S8 or even the feature film is the general public getting knowledge of the Stargate program, like in 2010. And with the Ascended Ancients. Because of their ascension, is there any enemy that they "fear". Or are they actually god-like? And what about Cassandra. Last time we saw her, she was going through a rite of passage of becoming a hak'tar or advanced human. But in 1969, we see her as being 80 years old or older, yet the stargate in Cheyenne Mountain is apparently not in use.
    Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

*GASP*...Andy867...you couldn't possibly be talking about what I think you're talking about...could you? Revisit a past storyline? WRap up loose ends? You mean, like from earlier episodes??? That's just too radical for me, friend. *raises hands in surrender*
      If that starts happening, I am SO out of here!

*rolls eyes*...for the love of mike...
      - 'Mo

I'm a woman. "Evil" would be a demotion.

BM: "The ice is a fickle mistress"
      THIEF: "Plus she appears to be a knife weilding maniac"
      BM: "Aren't they all?"
      www.nuklearpower.com

#10: Not allowed to purchase anyone's soul on government time.
      www.skippylist.com/skippylist.html

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcazmo The Clown
        *GASP*...Andy867...you couldn't possibly be talking about what I think you're talking about...could you? Revisit a past storyline? WRap up loose ends? You mean, like from earlier episodes??? That's just too radical for me, friend. *raises hands in surrender*
        If that starts happening, I am SO out of here!

*rolls eyes*...for the love of mike...

The Prometheus sucks, therefore using that to scout the galaxy for our unwilling allies (remember almost everyone said 'no' to helping us) is not likely.

I also personally doubt that the Wraith are more powerful than the ancients. Being able to defeat someone doesn't make you stronger *case in point all our victories v the Goa'uld*

Comment

Originally posted by hooliocah
          So there are 8 episodes with info so far, but with the exception of the opening two-parter, they all seem to be standalone episodes. I'm just wondering if there has been any info on the direction the season is supposed to take.

Season 7, with its many independent episodes, still had a purpose of discovering the Ancients "Lost City", has there been any word on what they're doing this year under Jack's command?
          It sounds to me like this year is lots of Earth-bound episodes and lots of NID related stuff.

Oh joy, oh bliss.

Comment

Last time I checked, the Prometheus was holding its own again dozens of death gliders and Anubis' Enhanced mothership and its barrage of shots even after the helm informed Gen Hammond that Prometheus had lost its shields and would be destroyed. So I would say it did pretty well for a prototype. Plus when it kicks into high gear from mass production, it will really show the galaxy that the Tau'ri are out there. and I agree with Epiphany's statement about Season 8 being an earth-driven season, with maybe the exception of a few episodes. But my guess would be that the writers are doing that on purpose since the past seven seas have been predominatly off-world based missions, with the exception of a few. But with Atlantis starting up around the same time of Season 8, there will always be new off-world episodes to look forward to.

Plus, once our "Allies" see that we are becoming more technologically superior than to what we were in Season 1, they might be willing to form a stronger, trade-driven alliance, although there will be exceptions such as the Nox, but if the Tollans survived in any which way, they would probably be willing to help us in exchange for supplies and any aid we could provide to them.
            Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

I havent read any of the spoilers for S8 just because I want it to be a suprise with what ever happens. but in an interview done by scifi wire, the writers are feeding off from S4 for the up coming season. Season 4 had a lot of team episodes in it and I am hoping they will continue on with that format and has a team season 8. That would make my year

Comment

While the Prometheus certainly came in handy at the end of season 7, I really hope that it doesn't become a regular part of the show in season 8. It certainly gives Earth a great means of defense, but it's too powerful a weapon and detracts from the idea that a small group of smart, brave, and dedicated people can overcome seemingly impossible odds. For me, that's always been one of the most attractive aspects of the series.

Even though it would be painful to see after all the agony and time it took to build it, I think it would be better for the show if the Prometheus met its demise early in season 8. If it is taken out of the equation, earthlings would be a little bit more vulnerable during their off-world explorations since the "cavalry" couldn't be called in. Without the big guns, there might be more tension in the episodes----more like the first few seasons.
                There is nothing cruvas with me.

Comment

i think its more likely that we could see the first BC-303 in s8. the prometheus did take two years to build. Besides i like as long as stargate doesnt become to ship oriantated

Comment

Working...
                  X