Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if scientist were able to figure that the drug is exterrestrial origon the drug company which is pruducing the drug would take out a court injuction to stop them releasing any and all information on the drug, also the goverment would probably offer any scientist who found out about it a job to work at the SGC and a chance to study off world technologies and medical knowlege.

Also so teal'c have said that their are thousands of jaffa useing the drug and the fact that they are willing to offer any jaffa the drug seem to tell me that they are able to produce it our selfs or at the very less and stable and growing production capability something I do not thin the tokra have. Also I DR janet was studying the drug to so it possible that they manage to produce it. While the jaffa do not trust us they seem to trust the tokra less and as the tokra were planing to use the drug temp the jaffa to leave their goulds it would of made sense to let some one else who the jaffs at lease trust a bit to produce the drug, also the tokra were always on the move so they would probably not have perminant facilities to produce the drug them selfs and in a reliable way. also their are no reason why the tokra would not tell us how to create it after all they told us how to produce the symbiote poison a weapon which could of been use against them, we know this because the trust seem to have gotten a large supply of it.

Comment

As I understand it, the Tretonin currently in use is in fact a synthetic version created by the Tok'ra that no longer uses symbiotes in its manufacture. It is also my understanding that the majority of Tretonin being used by the Jaffa is being manufactured on Earth and being distributed out of the SGC. The only limitation in creating it, is the laboratory capacity necessary required to make it. I have neither seen nor heard any evidence that the Jaffa are making Tretonin for themselves, or that they even have the necessary expertise to do so. As to the relationship between Earth and the Tok'ra, it may no longer be as tight as it once was, but there is still at least a distant working relationship. As evidenced earlier in this season, we've apparently been able to acquire certain pieces of Tok'ra technology, and given the SGC's track record, I doubt it was stolen (with the exception of Jacob/Selmak taking a subspace telemetry reciever without permission... but that was an inside job, not the SGC.). We saw and learned from Agent Woolsey that a Tok'ra shield generator was in use, to keep Khalek from escaping. So apparently, the Tau'ri/Tok'ra relationship is not completely in the tank. They just aren't working as closely as they once were, because the Tok'ra numbers are so severly diminished that taking part in Tau'ri style confrontations have become too dangerous for the Tok'ra.
      The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
      Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
      My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
      Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Originally posted by Seastallion
        As I understand it, the Tretonin currently in use is in fact a synthetic version created by the Tok'ra that no longer uses symbiotes in its manufacture. It is also my understanding that the majority of Tretonin being used by the Jaffa is being manufactured on Earth and being distributed out of the SGC. The only limitation in creating it, is the laboratory capacity necessary required to make it. I have neither seen nor heard any evidence that the Jaffa are making Tretonin for themselves, or that they even have the necessary expertise to do so. As to the relationship between Earth and the Tok'ra, it may no longer be as tight as it once was, but there is still at least a distant working relationship. As evidenced earlier in this season, we've apparently been able to acquire certain pieces of Tok'ra technology, and given the SGC's track record, I doubt it was stolen (with the exception of Jacob/Selmak taking a subspace telemetry reciever without permission... but that was an inside job, not the SGC.). We saw and learned from Agent Woolsey that a Tok'ra shield generator was in use, to keep Khalek from escaping. So apparently, the Tau'ri/Tok'ra relationship is not completely in the tank. They just aren't working as closely as they once were, because the Tok'ra numbers are so severly diminished that taking part in Tau'ri style confrontations have become too dangerous for the Tok'ra.
        This is what I've been trying to point out for weeks in different threads:
        The current Tretonin being made is synthetic. No symbiotes involved!

Comment

Working...
        X