Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
    So kind of like the Aschen, Tollan and Hebridian but more bad ass? How is that possible? (Well other then the Tollan, they were kind of anti-bad ass )
    In a sense yes, haha. Oh its possible. Lol right.

I'm working on trying to get some good images for these guys for their ships and so forth. I'm happy that I have tons of albums of crazy art to choose from. I know a lot of people on deviant and what not so a lot of these guys don't care I use their art, lol. They know that I always distribute out their name and credited them when I share their art, lol.

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
    It's a toss up between the Tka and the Afar right now, through neither is very involved on an overt level, they're acting more like the what you would expect from the First One in B5.
    Oh okay. Who are the Afar? And the Tka, is that their legit name or are you using an acronym? These guys sound very interesting. I got to read more up on them. lolz

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    technically if you start them at the Roman period with all that knowledge they're advanced enough... that is, 2000 years from the roman period with a roman-inspired theological system. or roman-era egyptians. or a mix of them all. greek work too. perhaps constantinople people work too. they were sufficiently advanced.

Don't worry braski. I've got it taken care of, lolz.

i refurbished the LA on the idea that, basically the people at power were too stupid and more intelligent, more competent beings would have little trouble replacing them.
    Lol, niceee. I always wondered why weren't the LA more badass, lol.

Well I wouldn't say they are the most powerful but they are some of the most powerful in the milky way. That's why I like this fleet though everyone has strengths and weaknesses that make them almost equal because of different abilities, size, and technology to make so everyone still can be powerful
    True that, true that.

EDIT: Screw that image. Good'ol Tom noticed something that I didn't, haha.
    Last edited by Major Mike David; 04 June 2011, 10:52 AM.
    sigpic
    You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'” - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Well I wouldn't say they are the most powerful but they are some of the most powerful in the milky way. That's why I like this fleet though everyone has strengths and weaknesses that make them almost equal because of different abilities, size, and technology to make so everyone still can be powerful
      Come on Killman, let's not kid ourselves, the only other party that comes close to the Afar and Tka are the Wraith with their biotech construction. In terms of the matter, energy and information available to each race, there's no comparison (yet, the rest of the galaxy should start catching up now that the galaxy is a bit less hectic.

Originally posted by Major Mike David View Post
      Oh okay. Who are the Afar? And the Tka, is that their legit name or are you using an acronym? These guys sound very interesting. I got to read more up on them. lolz
      Short for Tka-Tko-Tka, basically the closest approximation of their name that I figure somebody with a larynx instead of mandibles can make. Tka, does anyone remember where... what's his name put the Afar stuff?

Oh yeah Mike, please contribute to the wiki magic.

P.S. Here is a little spoiler of what the Stars Ascendancy fleet looks like when in space combat:
      Spoiler:

Art by Goodwin Bboy
      *Cringes at the blatant disregard to several preeminent laws of physics.*

edit: Are those Germans?
      Last edited by Crazy Tom; 04 June 2011, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Haha, indeed. So what is the most powerful race in this fleet?
        Depends on how you measure power. Alfar in terms of brute force, Tka-tko-tka in terms of intelligence, but neither really use them to create areas of influence, so they may have very little actual "power". The Jaffa have large territory, but can they hold it? Maybe, maybe not. Earth has advanced tech, but very few ships -- however, our influence is huge due to our fight against the Goa'uld and Ori. The Ori followers have the most advanced tech, but they don't really understand most of it and aren't doing much. The Wraith and Jotnar have the best war machines, I'd say, but they're locked in a cold war so they can't affect much now. Oh, and there's also the Shrin'yar, but who knows what they're doing ... (Well, other than myself. )

So really, it depends on what you mean by "power".

As for the time-line, I find searching for "time-line" works wonders.

And I can't even make heads or tails of that picture, so I can't really say whether it violates natural physics ... to complicated.
        sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Come on Killman, let's not kid ourselves, the only other party that comes close to the Afar and Tka are the Wraith with their biotech construction. In terms of the matter, energy and information available to each race, there's no comparison (yet, the rest of the galaxy should start catching up now that the galaxy is a bit less hectic.
          Hmm...

Short for Tka-Tko-Tka, basically the closest approximation of their name that I figure somebody with a larynx instead of mandibles can make. Tka, does anyone remember where... what's his name put the Afar stuff?
          Ah okay. Cool. Good choice in name. It aint bad. I'll check out the link now...
          Oh yeah Mike, please contribute to the wiki magic.
          Lol, what the? What is this website? haha. Its cool but what is it?

*Cringes at the blatant disregard to several preeminent laws of physics.*

edit: Are those Germans?
          Oh quit being so stingy. lol jk

Oh hell no they aint Germans. No. lol

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
          Depends on how you measure power. Alfar in terms of brute force, Tka-tko-tka in terms of intelligence, but neither really use them to create areas of influence, so they may have very little actual "power". The Jaffa have large territory, but can they hold it? Maybe, maybe not. Earth has advanced tech, but very few ships -- however, our influence is huge due to our fight against the Goa'uld and Ori. The Ori followers have the most advanced tech, but they don't really understand most of it and aren't doing much. The Wraith and Jotnar have the best war machines, I'd say, but they're locked in a cold war so they can't affect much now. Oh, and there's also the Shrin'yar, but who knows what they're doing ... (Well, other than myself. )

So really, it depends on what you mean by "power".

As for the time-line, I find searching for "time-line" works wonders.

And I can't even make heads or tails of that picture, so I can't really say whether it violates natural physics ... to complicated.
          Oh okay that makes a lot of sense. Thanks.

Smart a$$. Of course you're going to put "timeline" in the search, lol

Dadgummit, you guys are going to hurt my head someday, lol... WAIT... I think yall already have.

Here, this is a better image of what their ships look like. These are the Dauntless-class Battlecruisers soaring past the planet Seresia.

Spoiler:

Image by Progenitor89.
          sigpic
          You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'” - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Lol, what the? What is this website? haha. Its cool but what is it?
            An endless source of pop culture entertainment my friend, look up Standard Sci Fi Setting.

Oh quit being so stingy. lol jk

Oh hell no they aint Germans. No. lol
            Really? 'Cuz those look a lot like Luftwaffe insignia on the wings.

Spoiler:

Image by Progenitor89.
            They're doing something a bit more energetic that "soaring" judging from those missile trails.

Comment

An endless source of pop culture entertainment my friend, look up Standard Sci Fi Setting.
              Lol, kk give me a minute, haha.

Really? 'Cuz those look a lot like Luftwaffe insignia on the wings.
              Haha, holy crap you're right. I never even noticed that they were Luftwaffe insignias. I saw the insignia but I never once thought much about what they were at the time. That sir is something to pay attention to in the future! lol Thanks for noticing that. I guess that pic is a *scratch off my list of images* lol.

They're doing something a bit more energetic that "soaring" judging from those missile trails.
              Haha, no those aren't missile trails, those are Fighters flying with their engines burning an exhaust trail that of course dissipates immediately in space. The artist didn't give to much emphasis on the fighter design for this image because he was focusing on the main capital ships shown in this image. lol
              sigpic

Comment

In honor of Mike's return, I have (finally) posted a new chapter of A Shattered Visage!
                sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

It's great to see the activity of the fleet pick up again and it's really great to see an old friend and its even better to read Mcoy's new story.

I have been waiting so long Mcoy
                  Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                  A Face you Can Trust
                  sigpic
                  So whats the worst that could happen?
                  Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                  It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Mike maybe the Nazi found some old goa'uld or ancient tech (they did find the stargate)

Then somehow a group of Nazi and soldiers were transported to a different planet (maybe the stargate) where a civilization was already in place. The Nazi sent some of their top leaders, a battalion of soldiers, and some of their top scientists in hopes of finding new tech. When the Nazi arrive they found a world once ruled by the goa'uld and there is plenty of goa'uld tech lying around. The Nazi enslave the current humans on the planet and using the new technology progressed themselves further then before. This was they have about a 60+ year head start on trying to figure out stargate related tech.

I mean you don't have to do this but I thought that would be a cool way to keep the Luftwaffe insignias but really do whatever you want. When you only have 3 hours of sleep in your system you get crazy ideas
                    A Face you Can Trust
                    sigpic
                    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                      In honor of Mike's return, I have (finally) posted a new chapter of A Shattered Visage!
                      Oh thanks bro. I appreciate it.

TIME FOR SOME READING! YEAH! lolz

It's great to see the activity of the fleet pick up again and it's really great to see an old friend and its even better to read Mcoy's new story.
                      I have been waiting so long Mcoy

Indeed, I agree.

Mike maybe the Nazi found some old goa'uld or ancient tech (they did find the stargate)

Then somehow a group of Nazi and soldiers were transported to a different planet (maybe the stargate) where a civilization was already in place. The Nazi sent some of their top leaders, a battalion of soldiers, and some of their top scientists in hopes of finding new tech. When the Nazi arrive they found a world once ruled by the goa'uld and there is plenty of goa'uld tech lying around. The Nazi enslave the current humans on the planet and using the new technology progressed themselves further then before. This was they have about a 60+ year head start on trying to figure out stargate related tech.

I mean you don't have to do this but I thought that would be a cool way to keep the Luftwaffe insignias but really do whatever you want. When you only have 3 hours of sleep in your system you get crazy ideas
                      Haha, no thank you. Rather not. LOLZ. But great idea though. Btw, that reminds me of Iron Sky... lol
                      EDIT: I'm going with that idea, lolz

But to everyone though, check out these flags for the Ascendancy.

Spoiler:

Stars Ascendancy Banner

Stars Ascendancy Naval Banner

Stars Ascendancy Starfighter Corps Banner

I'm currently working on the Ascendancy Guard and Army banners. Tell me what you guys think of these so far. P.S. I didn't make the first banner, that is made by a guy I know on deviant. He makes fractals and weird crap. So I'm using one of his made up banners that he made for fun, which is what I'm using as the official flag of the Stars Ascendancy.
                      Last edited by Major Mike David; 04 June 2011, 02:47 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Sh!t! You know what bro. I love you right now. I'm going with that idea. Except their going to be another faction of mine. Thanks for the idea. The credit goes to you! haha

As I posted the link to the Iron Sky trailer, I'll do so again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KEueJnsu80
                        And here is trailer two link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeAfoiN5SDw

TIME FOR SOME SPACE NAZI WRITING TOO! WOOT WOOT! FUGI I'm a machine spurting with ideas right now! Dude, you and I can make collaborate on creating this race! OMG IDEAS!
                        sigpic

Comment

Just finished reading A Shattered Visage. It was good. I enjoyed it. Nice job Mcoy.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hey man its all yours so do whatever you want. So do the Nazis or don't but either way if you need any help let me know, I would gladly help out where I can and with just about anything. So I would be glad to help in anyway you want buddy
                            Last edited by fugiman; 04 June 2011, 03:24 PM.
                            A Face you Can Trust
                            sigpic

Comment

Mcoy I only have one complaint. I need more and I need it now
                              A Face you Can Trust
                              sigpic

Comment

Hey man its all yours so do whatever you want. So do the Nazis or don't but either way if you need any help let me know. I would be glad to help
                                Thanks mate. And trust me I will, haha. I already have a ton of ideas running through my noggin. lol
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X