X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And what of mine Tom?
    My Tep senses are tingling.

That I will have to edit is assumed.

Comments and critiques are always welcome. Please, tell me what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      Spoiler:
      Spoiler:
      Spoiler:
      Spoiler:
      Spoiler:
      driven to desperacy by the aschen warfare and their rather messy way of destroying enemies, the UNSF sends the Athens fitted with a Horizon to the aschen Main World. after exchanging their final threats, the weapon is launched. innumerable aschen casualties and the ecological impact of the attack sends the message. a new age of Aschen politicials takes over and makes a truce
      Spoiler:
      I wouldn't really call that "darkest"; I can think of far darker ways to end a war. This is basically a replay of WWII. Not that there's anything wrong with that; it sounds reasonable to me. But it's not the worst.

EDIT: Ex'; define "high PSL".
      sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

50 for the heavy missiles.
        30 for the smaller.

Though all are launched en mass. The larger are launched by the dozen per minute. The smaller by the hundred per minute. (Scaling up of course for larger ships.)
        Last edited by Exthalion; 02 October 2010, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Exthalion View Post
          And what of mine Tom?
          What? Timeline?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
            What? Timeline?
            Weapons. I wanted your evaluation of my weapons.

Comment

Weapons. I wanted your evaluation of my weapons.
              I thought we already did that by PM, has there been new info posted? If there was, I can't spot it.:

Comment

The specifics of the missiles. How useful/effective will they be.

Comment

I'm hesitant on the missiles. They're very Andromeda-verse appropriate, but Stargate? I'm not so certain.
                  sigpic

Comment

OK, what missiles? Can somebody give me a link to this post because I cannot find them.

Comment

Uh, right up on this page, Tom . . .

Alfar:
                      5 kg, electromagnetically accelerated, high psl, naquada infused osmium shell, with micro AI targeting

1/3 kg, electromagnetically accelerated, medium psl, naquada infused osmium kinetic missile barrage, with AI swarm intelligence

Ultraviolet guide laser, convergent fusion Hellbores

Deep Ultraviolet PDL
                      sigpic

Comment

Mcoy, in response to you Andromeda worry. The heavy missiles are just smart munitions of the kind the Fleet seems to have had for a while. The smaller are basically less uber drone weapons.

I am just using Andromeda terminology because I have been watching a lot of it.

Comment

Alfar:
                          5 kg, electromagnetically accelerated, high psl, naquada infused osmium shell, with micro AI targeting

1/3 kg, electromagnetically accelerated, medium psl, naquada infused osmium kinetic missile barrage, with AI swarm intelligence

Ultraviolet guide laser, convergent fusion Hellbores

Deep Ultraviolet PDL
                          I think your masses are way off. In Andromeda, it may have been possible, but that level of miniaturization isn't yet feasible in SG, it would require molecular nanotechnology, which is beyond that Afar at this point, as it is for everyone else as well.

Aside from that, no problems.

Comment

Actually, the projectiles become lighter as they lose reaction mass. The given masses are what hits the enemy at optimal range after the thing can no longer accelerate or change direction.

Comment

Actually, the projectiles become lighter as they lose reaction mass. The given masses are what hits the enemy at optimal range after the thing can no longer accelerate or change direction.
                              No way you can hit RKV velocity without inertial dampening, pus powersource, and that wold bring it way above 5 kg. Capital ships missiles are big, they have to be. And the Afar haven't had any real experience with inertial dampener before coming to the Milky Way.

My suggestion would be that you use inertia less drives to propel stealthy missile buses which release a cloud of these lightweight reaction thruster terminally guided kinetic warheads. Those drives at least can be obtained off the galactic market.

Comment

Friends don't let friends use reactionless drives in their universes.

Sorry, I am not being clear. They don't have an exsplosive warhead. They have a shaped block of osmium infused with naqueda as a warhead.

The osmium is for density and the naqueda is for boom. A 5 kg projectile going 50 psl has some 16 megatons of KE. They shouldn't be much heavier else even new Ha'tak shields are going to go down in under a minute.

Edit: I imagine them looking something like this:

Ship launches glowing special effect energy blob at enemy. As blob goes toward enemy it gets faster and starts leaving a comet like trail. As it goes faster yet the tail expands into a glowing wake as more reaction mass must be lost more quickly to maintain acceleration. Right before it hits enemy all that peters off. Then boom.

Near the end of the journey it looses the ability to change direction, but at that point it is more or less impossible to dodge. I was thinking Alfar programmable matter would take care of power source and inertial dampers. However as it gets closer to the target these are converted to reaction mass.
                                Last edited by Exthalion; 02 October 2010, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X