Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exthalion View Post
    Hello Tom, how's it going? Have an interesting new fleet of aliens for me to attempt to shamelessly copy while still making superficial and cosmetic changes to?

But really, I look forward to ... what is this exactly? Working with sounds too formal. Roleplaying with is more right but still... meh

Oh well, I look forward to performing whatever the correct verb is with you.
    A restart, we've gone back to the beginning so about 2020-2025.

Comment

I've added a super short chapter to the writing thread. I'm not sure when I'll be able to write again so I figured I'd just get it down as soon as possible.

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...1#post11808869

Comment

Thanks, BTW can you add info boxes, I tried myself but failed badly
        there's a template page

you can also copy/paste from a similar page.

i'll add specific infobox templates soon (EG ones for planets, races, species, factions, technologies, etc)

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          there's a template page

you can also copy/paste from a similar page.

i'll add specific infobox templates soon (EG ones for planets, races, species, factions, technologies, etc)
          Killman; speaking of actions/technologies and such, is it possible for such a pageto be created for a colony made as a joint effort by China/Japan (Asia) called Laodji Colony or something? I've been doing lots of work in OCRWriter to get stuff together in proper order and was curious if such a page would be created or allowed to be created?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
            Killman; speaking of actions/technologies and such, is it possible for such a pageto be created for a colony made as a joint effort by China/Japan (Asia) called Laodji Colony or something? I've been doing lots of work in OCRWriter to get stuff together in proper order and was curious if such a page would be created or allowed to be created?
            I see no reason why not. both myself and Killman have come up with colonies, another is more than welcome. Any chance of some information on it?

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
              I see no reason why not. both myself and Killman have come up with colonies, another is more than welcome. Any chance of some information on it?
              Well other then that it is an Asian colony I am currently unsure of where exactly it is located at on the galaxy map (do we have a good resolution (1280x1024) one? or do I have to go with my warhammer Dark Hersey maps from FFG website?) But for now i have it close to the galaxy center, which is pretty much a huge black hole no doubt.

Basically right now all i have down at this point is the families in current control over the planet as a whole, it has a stargate, and the type of planet it is, what star it orbits, and also other planets in the system. I chose the name Laodji mostly because it fit and would be actually asian rather then centeric to a single country.

So really all I need right now are the page created, i'll handle the rest (maybe a basic infobox too killman would be great!) and also the link to the VF4 wiki page, can't find it online at all, it redirects me to the older wiki for the old fleets.

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Well other then that it is an Asian colony I am currently unsure of where exactly it is located at on the galaxy map (do we have a good resolution (1280x1024) one? or do I have to go with my warhammer Dark Hersey maps from FFG website?) But for now i have it close to the galaxy center, which is pretty much a huge black hole no doubt.

Basically right now all i have down at this point is the families in current control over the planet as a whole, it has a stargate, and the type of planet it is, what star it orbits, and also other planets in the system. I chose the name Laodji mostly because it fit and would be actually asian rather then centeric to a single country.

So really all I need right now are the page created, i'll handle the rest (maybe a basic infobox too killman would be great!) and also the link to the VF4 wiki page, can't find it online at all, it redirects me to the older wiki for the old fleets.
                Well the common agreement is that the colonies are going to be some of the closest planets (with gates) to Earth (given civilian ships will not be that fast) so If you want your colony could be the furtherest out.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

As long as its realistic for the fleet go ahead and make a colony
                  Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                  A Face you Can Trust
                  sigpic
                  So whats the worst that could happen?
                  Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                  It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                    As long as its realistic for the fleet go ahead and make a colony
                    I'll even vote for Anubis while I'm at it Bradly, oki, I think that is a good plan, but first I want to get a map of the galaxy at large thoough, does anyone have one or do I have to think up one myself using points like my SW atlas?

Comment

I'll even vote for Anubis while I'm at it Bradly, oki, I think that is a good plan, but first I want to get a map of the galaxy at large thoough, does anyone have one or do I have to think up one myself using points like my SW atlas?
                      Try this. Stargate map

Comment

Try this. Stargate map
                        Ah, many thanks

Ok, lets see, I see where earth is, and also in realtion ot the galaxy core itself.... hmmm. Knoewing Ancient history of China like I do (though rusty as I've been in America for 14 years of my 25 years of my life) Chinese like to move about, there were always nomadic tribes wandering around so that they could spread out and not be so packed together. In this case Laodji would be...

OK we see where P5X-112 is at yes? I'd think just in that area, but close to the galaxy deep core, at least on that map, if we could get a closer look at the deep core (if there were any planets in there for example) would be good, at least for me as I like looking into such things.

Now all I need is a link to the wiki page for VF4.0

Comment

Ah, many thanks

Ok, lets see, I see where earth is, and also in realtion ot the galaxy core itself.... hmmm. Knoewing Ancient history of China like I do (though rusty as I've been in America for 14 years of my 25 years of my life) Chinese like to move about, there were always nomadic tribes wandering around so that they could spread out and not be so packed together. In this case Laodji would be...

OK we see where P5X-112 is at yes? I'd think just in that area, but close to the galaxy deep core, at least on that map, if we could get a closer look at the deep core (if there were any planets in there for example) would be good, at least for me as I like looking into such things.

Now all I need is a link to the wiki page for VF4.0
                          Seems reasonable enough planet. This could be the most furtherest out colony. Any ideas how far out this colony of ours is, inrelation to earth? I would say even if their were planets in the galactic core, i dought many (if any) would have stargates. Too much going on radiation-wise ect.

Comment

Seems reasonable enough planet. This could be the most furtherest out colony. Any ideas how far out this colony of ours is, inrelation to earth? I would say even if their were planets in the galactic core, i dought many (if any) would have stargates. Too much going on radiation-wise ect.
                            You see where the blue 5 is right on the map? there's a white dot directly down from it about 25mm and slightly offset to the left. Pretty much in the deep core, or rather the core. the sdeep core is the dead center of the galaxy itself. I know for a fact the planet would have a stargate, but if not they'd make a light tunnel/path through space to the next closest colony in case they'd need help.

I'm still working on things though, so basdically the planet name as a whole has been changed (hopefully one has a link to the VF4 wiki page.) to Rokugan (meaning Ancient Aisa (I assume)) Since this will mostly be asian countries that have been offered a planet to set up a colony on.

Comment

You see where the blue 5 is right on the map? there's a white dot directly down from it about 25mm and slightly offset to the left. Pretty much in the deep core, or rather the core. the sdeep core is the dead center of the galaxy itself. I know for a fact the planet would have a stargate, but if not they'd make a light tunnel/path through space to the next closest colony in case they'd need help.

I'm still working on things though, so basdically the planet name as a whole has been changed (hopefully one has a link to the VF4 wiki page.) to Rokugan (meaning Ancient Aisa (I assume)) Since this will mostly be asian countries that have been offered a planet to set up a colony on.
                              i hate to ask but is their any chance you can change it to be based of a constellation? I ask because the naimng consensus is that the name of the colony is based of the constellation it is bassed off. And when I asked how far away it was, I was asking in terms of light years.

Comment

i hate to ask but is their any chance you can change it to be based of a constellation? I ask because the naimng consensus is that the name of the colony is based of the constellation it is bassed off. And when I asked how far away it was, I was asking in terms of light years.
                                By contellations you measn americanised star charts of those of other countries as well? I can do that yes, but the name of the actual planet I had in mind was Rokugan since it mostly means 'old age' or 'Ancient' in Mandarin.

In terms of LY though i'm thinknig about 40LY south of P5X-112 if you lay the map on a flat table then aim the galaxy northwards with earth in the eastern side. Though I can change the name yes, but in truth I'm partial to the name of Rokugan to be honest , but changing the name of the planet/colony is not a big deal for me so I can change it, I jst need to find a contellation that will fit it best.

Comment

Working...
                                X