Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, new design Idea then...

How about 20?

The problem I'm having is the Stryker. They're 3mH,3mW and 7mL. I'm trying to fit a way for it to fit in without everyone being given radiation poisoning by the VASIMR Jump Hyperdrive and Naquidah Generator while having enough space to brace for 24 SF troopers. Its difficult to get the internals right.

here's an example:
    Spoiler:

The smaller box is the Stryker. The green thing is a person standing at 1.5m
    Last edited by Experiment 442; 30 July 2010, 03:11 PM.
    Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
    sigpic

Comment

Even at 20 mtrs its still huge, I asked PJ to email this to me. it's a big pic, but not to use his model but as a basic guide for size reference

Spoiler:

Comment

Can I say that neither the naq generators, nor the VASIMR, nor the hyperdrive actually emit any deadly doses or radiation? Maybe a bit of little stuff, a banana's worth or so. But not enough to cause any more radiation poisoning than riding in an airplane.

Comment

really? Oh, well, how big are they?

(Keep in mind this could change the entire layout I've got going... So no pressure )

(Also I can't see the picture very well, but it looks like his wingspan is 20m too...)
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah it is, and I have issue with that, but if someone else tells us that basic configuration would be able to trundle around, taxiing, parking etc inside any one of our three larger ships I'll go with that. It seems at 20 mtrs, it'll just clear the hangar bays nicely, I think that's how PJ scaled his.

Comment

Originally posted by Experiment 442 View Post
              really? Oh, well, how big are they?

(Keep in mind this could change the entire layout I've got going... So no pressure )

(Also I can't see the picture very well, but it looks like his wingspan is 20m too...)
              Not as big as those air breather you've got.

*lapses into mad scientist mode*

About ze zize of a big zhoe vox vor ze generater, I give it two metres by fivty centimetres by fifty centimetres vor ze Eiper-zpace drive.

VAZMIR abovt... ze zize of doze air-brezers, mayve a third zmaller.

Comment

I think those two engines on the back are the Vasmir's and the FTL is nestled in between them in another pic I saw.

Comment

haven't started work on the actual VASIMRs or the FTL yet. But its 1:04am here so night.
                  sigpic

Comment

haven't started work on the actual VASIMRs or the FTL yet. But its 1:04am here so night.
                    Za, za. Dun't let ze mekanical bugz bite.

Comment

Indeedz, see youz

Comment

Ok, new design Idea then...

How about 20?

The problem I'm having is the Stryker. They're 3mH,3mW and 7mL. I'm trying to fit a way for it to fit in without everyone being given radiation poisoning by the VASIMR Jump Hyperdrive and Naquidah Generator while having enough space to brace for 24 SF troopers. Its difficult to get the internals right.

here's an example:
                        Spoiler:

The smaller box is the Stryker. The green thing is a person standing at 1.5m
                        Nice setup so far. Just a couple things that bug me. First: it doesn't look like those engines can rotate. The fins will hit the ship. Second, with the pods so far back you'll need some sort of LiftSystem fan in the front of the ship for V/STOL. Like the F-35 has.
                        sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

It's up to Weedy really, but imo, that thing looks great, but it's too futuristic, i think something more conventional would be better

Comment

So are there any ships left to vote on or are we in the writing stage finally? Or is there something else we need to decide first?
                            Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                            A Face you Can Trust
                            sigpic
                            So whats the worst that could happen?
                            Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                            It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

We're still finishing up the specs for the BBC-320, but other than that the Earth fleet is ready.

So anyone who wants to write can start now. Any alien ships you use will need to be reviewed, but the main voting stage is over.

If its okay with everyone, I was planning to kick off our stuff with the Aschen. But you all can write stuff with the Jaffa nations or the LA (or any of the other factions in Stargate).

On the subject of writing, could you give us an idea of exactly how the roles for the F-100A, B, C, D, and E differ, PJOZ? I don't want to use the wrong fighter for a mission by accident.
                              sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Well I am going to be writing a little story about the lucian alliance and I will finish up the keb storyline
                                Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                                A Face you Can Trust
                                sigpic
                                So whats the worst that could happen?
                                Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                                It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Working...
                                X