No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and the few Alkesh we have commandeered will come in handy too, but it will not be as easy as the other fleets.

Also I would like to suggest to keep ground stuff all along the way, ground stuff and gate travel keeps it real gate, with a fleet

www.darkarmada.nl
    www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

yes i think that there should be 90% gate travel intially which we reduce to about 70% in year one.

then we could have the lines blur more, with gate-travel episodes, ship-travel episodes, and joint missions.

i personally propose the ship in my sig to be one of the goauld ships which get introduced. it's supposed to be a kind of BC. i've also designed at least 2 more smaller ships, and Mckoy has a great design for a frigate type. i'd like some goauld to use big ships largely (like Ra, Apophis) but others to use more smaller ships

Comment

I can see you point and i do agree that we have had some "easy fleets" but that was the point, i think we have some fairly reasonable explainations for the easyness though. But im suggesting that the easy part be toned down to create a small more discrete fleet. Which is why i like the the idea of setting things off around S6/7 and not at the outset. I think anubis could have been a far more powerful enemy that, had we not had lost city, could have an outlet for a far more complex goauld army. The Kulls were only created a few years after his return, thats was just a taste it would seem. Also in the S7/8 period is just when we were flexing our muscles, just the right time for a fleet to get going. We were also still not that advanced. We were not developing our own uber's yet. Carter's plot holes were not uber yet, they were still practical uses of technology. I think Orpheus was a great episode that includes alot of what people want from a fleet. good use of tactics, acquisition of materials and stealing supply's. A fleet based around more of those kind of attacks, backed up by a small fleet, ofsay Alkesh and promethius's would be a fine start to a fleet. We could redesign the F302 if we wanted or perhaps set it later, and have the main fleet of fighters as more developed 301 gliders, minus recall devices. I think that period is the best place to keep as much as sg1 as was good, but with leaving enough room for revamping them and also striking a balance with what a fleet should be as well. That period also saw the beginings of our alpha and beta sites and our disclosure to other world powers. It would be the best time in terms of the canon mythology to set a fleet from which to go forward. There is also plenty of old storylines that havent been screwed up by the Ori yet. Like the Asgard being alive and the hebridans and the tokra and jaffa still being slaves etc.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

I was wondering how long it would take for you to breach that topic. That ship of yours is what I see as THE main;y used Goa'uld warship. Having an Ha'tak being quite a tad bit stronger and taking ALLOT longer for us to breach the Goa'uld tech lvl. I do NOT want to see any ships with APBWs in the near future.

We need to get the Goa'uld to become strong and a worthy opponent. Perhaps having stupid System Lords as portrayed in the series, but after they have fallen there could be something like, "from the ashes we will rise, we are Goa'uld! KREE"

edit:

reply to Immhotep, perhaps, that would also allow for the reboot of the Goa'uld and having it be a reasonable compromise, and since the fleet and such is to grow, more finances would be required and thus forcing more direct IOA interference, perhaps even growth of IOA countries to include the European Union in general.

www.darkarmada.nl
          www.runescape.com

Comment

The Astak used by the Jaffa in 1.0 is a great ship, its very simple. Asgard shields and hyperdrives on Goauld Hatak.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

I would also suggest my cylon looking ship for this fleet as a buyable ship, using simple Goa'uld derived tech yet being outclassed. Perhaps I can work my Trinity faction for this too, but now as a totally independent faction, no ties back to earth.

btw on another not, I would like to suggest to put the actual writing from the GWVFs on FF.net, so we can all read it easily and get some inspiration, and simply to get something nice to read for once, finding fics worth reading is rather hard.

www.darkarmada.nl
              www.runescape.com

Comment

Originally posted by lord groovy View Post
                Timeline 0.1 :

Spoiler:

1945 - 1963 : Heliopolis Expedition

1963 - 1989 : First steps

The real military SG teams won't appear before the late 60s at the height of the space program (first man in space, first man on the moon).

There will be the usual competition between the Americans and the Russians between 1969 and 1989 though they would agree on certain things :
                - diplomatic solution above "shooting each other" : to alien civilization they must look united even when they have different goals.
                - Earth location is a secret. always fall back to your respective alpha site. if you can't, go to the other one's. They probably deserve to be attacked as mush as you do.
                - No one goes to Abydos! Not even for sightseeing. Everyone told us that it's dangerous because there's a guy with glowing eyes there and he is really NOT kind with strangers.

(It's the hardest part of the story : I have to find Russian names for the SG teams...)

Around the 90s, Jackson and O'Neill will enlist into the SG program and be sent to Abydos. They will learn about the Goa'ulds, about Ra and the addresses carven inside his temple. With some Russian help they could bring him or another of his minion down.

1995 : Carter finally makes the modification to the US dialing program to reach other planets. Soon after, the Russians find Hathor and spend some time avoiding her taking control of their base. She is currently being held in the highest security prison deep into Siberia. With female wardens only. Russian female wardens...

2001 : Apophis appears in our lives. He got 6 more years after the death of Ra to organize his army and build more than the original 2 Ha'taks. Russia and US are blaming each other for that until the UN steps in and decide the creation of the IOA to monitor both programs.

2010 : Ships based on the technology scavenged from Ra's ship and shared by other races are finally being put into service. The USS Prometheus line is more like a carrier having multiple 302s fighters while the [insert Russian Name here] is rather a gunship with an insane amount of weapons.

Truth be told, it was a wonder they could even take off. Other countries have already expressed their concern about their efficiency in real battle, something that the human from Earth never experienced.

Note : I don't know yet how to use minor characters like the NID or even Seth and Osiris (who is the only actually capable of leaving Earth)
                One question; does it HAVE to be russian? personally I'd be much happier if a major part of the fleet were China based, maybe even hvae China "cut a deal" with Russia since the russian gate is so close to the border of China and Russia (been trying pt pinpoint a good location for it on a map, not much luck yet)

What I mean is, China was pretty much a superpower before America was created, heck even before Russia was created, (which is what I'm going off of historywise) China was first to make repeating weapons, swords that were pretty much unbreakable, they had thousands of soldiers trained and ready to fight, heck pretty much anyone that could use a weapon was trained with it. What of a Chinese SG team? (don't get me started on my thoughts for a Chinese only starship.)

Though one thing has been on my mind for 4.0; since we're pretty much starting fresh, maybe after stuff went wrong in 3.0, is it possible that the scavangers part of things made things a little darker, more gothic like so to speak?

One thing I know I'll want is to have a Chinese SG team, so asking this now, would this be good or no? asking fora Chinese ship to be basde of operations for them would be pushing is so a SG team made of Chinese members would work... what do you guys think?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

If you were talking about superpowers before US or Russia then you are talking about England at its height it had ¼ of the world and like china they got a bad deal in the show it took ages before china got a ship and the UK is still waiting for theirs as is France

Comment

personally, as a proud Brit, we should be heavily involved as well.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

well as a proud Dutchman, I think we should be involved, but we cannot all have it our way.

And as for China being a super power before the US, is correct, China was a superpower up until the 17th century.

www.darkarmada.nl
                      www.runescape.com

Comment

the gate should be NATO and then all west European countries could use it

Comment

The thing is we've always been involved with the US, so i would have thought, if they'd start something like a SG program, we'd be aware of it, if not involved in some way shape or form.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

I guess that because I'm from China it is (pretty much) anger making for me to see Russia get all the limelight, though at times China is mentioned (or some of her residents are seen in SGA season three) I guess just a SG team directly from China would be good enough for me...... for now at least.

I recall China getting the Sun Tzu, but it fell apart against the super hive in EatG, at least from what I remember happening, got a little mad about that. even made some modifications to the craft shield design as well. (though the hull needs work)

I guess it is really just me as a native of China that made the impulse to ask such a question

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

well awanita, as I said, not everyone can get what he or she wants, yet nationalism can be a part of the fleet just like it can be part of a fan fic

www.darkarmada.nl
                              www.runescape.com

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
                                well awanita, as I said, not everyone can get what he or she wants, yet nationalism can be a part of the fleet just like it can be part of a fan fic
                                I don't recall you being in charge of this fleet version but you say it well enough and much easier then I, since this is pretty much what I mean anyhow

Comment

Working...
                                X