• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be willing to work on the colonies

www.darkarmada.nl
    www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

If someone could assist, I would be glad to do - earth's tech level and capabilities.
      My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
      sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Well puddlejumperOZ (from now on I'll call you PJ because it's easier lol) I plan on writing something up about the scheming bad guys who want to turn the MW in a warzone. Once I have something resembling a history and bio I'll post it so we can work on it and iron out the creases.

Basically before we start talking about Earth's tech level we need to decide how much of the canon we want to keep in. Are we keeping Unending? Without Unending several parts of SGA have to be changed etc...Are we even keeping the Ori?

I think removing the Ori and the Asgard wank will make things a lot easier from a story point of view and it's my opinion that we do remove them.
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
          Well puddlejumperOZ (from now on I'll call you PJ because it's easier lol) I plan on writing something up about the scheming bad guys who want to turn the MW in a warzone. Once I have something resembling a history and bio I'll post it so we can work on it and iron out the creases.

Basically before we start talking about Earth's tech level we need to decide how much of the canon we want to keep in. Are we keeping Unending? Without Unending several parts of SGA have to be changed etc...Are we even keeping the Ori?

I think removing the Ori and the Asgard wank will make things a lot easier from a story point of view and it's my opinion that we do remove them.
          I call him Admirqal and we know who we mean so why not that? after all, I gave him the title!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by lord groovy View Post
            So they have some kind of artificial womb where the baby is "grown" around the metalic components. Or this is happening inside the mother's belly...:eeeeew:

Whatever the case it's not going to look pretty. just to know, are there people among them that still want to do it the 'traditionnal way'?
            There's an artificial womb and they all do it the 'traditional way'.

They're not supposed to be a puppy dog race. An adult is 9m long. That's huge compared to a human. They have a mixture of skin and mechanical parts, in some areas there are mechanical parts and in others its flesh.

Like this, but more smooth. Imagine there's skin over most of it and only some parts are sticking out.

Spoiler:
            Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
            sigpic

Comment

(Why can't new posts appear before I reply, like on LS-A...)

Anywho, we could brainstorm for a few different races, then vote for the one we all like best as a community?

Like: Massive ship production. Less powerful ships than ours. Alien, not human in any way.
              Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
              sigpic

Comment

-we need to set in stone the Prime Enemy. an enemy to us all, manipulating and scheming. could be a new one, could be an old one.
                Lucian Alliance seems like the most effective solution. Their composition makes them easy to write since their goals, society and technology are pretty dynamic.

Comment

it had already been established that the LA would not be powerful, they will be more like a bunch of pirates

www.darkarmada.nl
                  www.runescape.com

Comment

I see the Lucian Alliance being the criminal underbelly of the MW. Also they never showed the smarts the manipulate multiple alien factions.
                    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

but if Terrans are seeping into the MW I can see several crime cyndicates joining the LA and learning how to manipulate Earth style, whihc could be a big baddie, but it would not be our main opponent

www.darkarmada.nl
                      www.runescape.com

Comment

If someone could assist, I would be glad to do - earth's tech level and capabilities
                        i will help you if you want

Comment

i think SGU's LA is much better actually

Comment

well, what is it then we have only seen one attack

edit:

not that we've actualle SEEN SEEN IT

www.darkarmada.nl
                            www.runescape.com

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post

I think a certain degree of canon is paramount, as with the Ori/ Asgard they are no longer available anyway, but references to them shouldn't be negated. And as we stand our fleet is heavily reliant on Asgard tech to a degree, we take that out, and we're not writing Stargate at all imo.
                              And yes PJ is easier, but I don't mind my RL name either: Ray

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                              I call him Admiral and we know who we mean so why not that? after all, I gave him the title!
                              Not there yet Princess, Commander is a long way of Flag rank

Originally posted by locutes View Post
                              it had already been established that the LA would not be powerful, they will be more like a bunch of pirates
                              The LA though piratical in tactics should still be a formible enemy, they would have gathered a lot of Goa'uld tech and people sympathetic to their goals, they should'nt be written out entirely. But I agree, a newer more sinister enemy should emerge. A race say, like the Wraith who had been awaken by us, could be discovered as we push further into the galaxy.
                              My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                              sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
                                I think a certain degree of canon is paramount, as with the Ori/ Asgard they are no longer available anyway, but references to them shouldn't be negated. And as we stand our fleet is heavily reliant on Asgard tech to a degree, we take that out, and we're not writing Stargate at all imo.

Not there yet Princess, Commander is a long way of Flag rank

The LA though piratical in tactics should still be a formible enemy, they would have gathered a lot of Goa'uld tech and people sympathetic to their goals, they should'nt be written out entirely. But I agree, a newer more sinister enemy should emerge. A race say, like the Wraith who had been awaken by us, could be discovered as we push further into the galaxy.
                                You're an admiral simple as that!! If you remember it was I who gave you the title of Admiral!

The Admiral is correct, if we take out items, it wouldn't be stargate, (though yes we'd have the gate sure but not much else? does not exactly feel like stargate to me) the Wraith have already been woken up in Pegasus by now, but Unending would not have happened and maybe the Asgard could be more busy, and we've not yet heardofthe Ori at this stage in time?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Working...
                                X