No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps, but naquadah is required for hyperdrive construction.
    sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Quick question when will the colonies begin in this fleet?
      Vote Anubis for President in 2012
      A Face you Can Trust
      sigpic
      So whats the worst that could happen?
      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Seeing as we never really got to get into the whole SHIELD plot in 3.0, what are peoples thoughts of me sowing the seeds of such a plot for the future?

My idea is basically certain corparations with privately owned armies looking to get their hands on advanced tech for their own gains, basically like in 3.0 only this will be the early beginnings.
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

If thats the case then I have a great colony that could be used just let me finish up the specs on it
          Vote Anubis for President in 2012
          A Face you Can Trust
          sigpic
          So whats the worst that could happen?
          Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
          It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Ok fugiman, I look forward to reading it.
            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
              I don't know if something can be "born" bio-mechanical . . . at least at that level.
              The baby-to-be gets it from the parents, organic things are made by shaping flesh together and changing the jobs of cells, mechanical things are made by contructing them inside the body, but the flesh also grows around it and uses the mechanical parts, like pipes are more durable than arteries, hydralics are more powerful than muscles, metal wires are strongers than tendants. ect. But the metalic parts can be repaired or grown back and modified if needed to be.
              Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
              sigpic

Comment

At some point Admiral we're all going ot have our own teams, I recall asking if it were possible for me to write a Chinese/Taiwanese SG team made of soley Chinese members, not sure if I ever got a response to that though, the thread is big as it is already, and we're still planning it out!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Its not big, not for a GWVF. 3.0 was 900 pages long.
                  Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                  sigpic

Comment

Not sure we're whee you're getting 900 pages, but post count alone for this thread is almost 1,000, another 75 and bam

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

The post count for Virtual Fleet 3.0 was nearly 18,000.

Comment

Was that mostly planning or all story for it? anyhow as to my question of a Aisan (Chinese/Taiwanese) SG team?

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                          Seeing as we never really got to get into the whole SHIELD plot in 3.0, what are peoples thoughts of me sowing the seeds of such a plot for the future?

My idea is basically certain corparations with privately owned armies looking to get their hands on advanced tech for their own gains, basically like in 3.0 only this will be the early beginnings.
                          Well you could just use mercenary corporations made from former member of the SGC and the NID plus some external agents from other human races. They are ready to work for anything as long as the payment is good enough and they need to get their hands on the most advanced portable tech to ensure their own safety on the field.

Just imagine a company with Aris Boch as CEO

Originally posted by Experiment 442 View Post
                          The baby-to-be gets it from the parents, organic things are made by shaping flesh together and changing the jobs of cells, mechanical things are made by contructing them inside the body, but the flesh also grows around it and uses the mechanical parts, like pipes are more durable than arteries, hydralics are more powerful than muscles, metal wires are strongers than tendants. ect. But the metalic parts can be repaired or grown back and modified if needed to be.
                          So they have some kind of artificial womb where the baby is "grown" around the metalic components. Or this is happening inside the mother's belly...:eeeeew:

Whatever the case it's not going to look pretty. just to know, are there people among them that still want to do it the 'traditionnal way'?
                          La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
                          L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Originally posted by lord groovy View Post
                            Just imagine a company with Aris Boch as CEO
                            Jango Fett already did it

Comment

In 2008 the price of platinum ranged from $774 to $2,252 per oz.
                              then i think naquahdah, given it's exotic nature and high wanted status and it's fundamental nature to advanced technology+ mechanical properties, i think it's gonna be some 20 000-30 000 dollars per kilo.

naquahdah is 10 kt/g, so 10 Mt/Kg. 1Kwh=3.6x10^6 joules, so that's (10 000 x 4.184x10^12)= 1.1x0^10 KWH.

30 000 dollars/1.1x10^10 = 2.6x10^-6 dollars per KWH.

so that's 2.6 cents per 10 000 KWH energy production assuming 100% conversion.

that's....cheap.

I don't think it's so much the transport costs as it is the fact they can't be found on Earth, also the fact they're integral to advanced technology can't help.

Considering per ounce they're bound to be extremely expensive, building any sort of ship using alloys of those materials will be FAR too expensive for anything other than the richest corparations of colonies. Perhaps we'd see ships built with steel etc...for the smaller colonies as they can't afford the cost of the best materials.

If a colony has its own mines it could use its own naquadah or trinium to build ships or simply sell to make up the cost of their own vessel.
                              i guess 70% of the cost of naquahdah is "virtual" value: the value of being demanded so much for it's material properties and energetic properties. also naquahdah rich planets are highly coveted (if that's the right word) so there's gonna be need for expensive defences against all those raiders.

earth however has the production capability of fine electronics etc, i doubt the colonies have that.

Perhaps, but naquadah is required for hyperdrive construction.
                              seeing the energies worked with and the properties of naquahdah, i'd use naquahdah for everything that transports electricity.

At some point Admiral we're all going ot have our own teams, I recall asking if it were possible for me to write a Chinese/Taiwanese SG team made of soley Chinese members, not sure if I ever got a response to that though, the thread is big as it is already, and we're still planning it out!
                              you can write in any team.

i would never write a chinese team because i can not make it believable. if you can, then i'm fine with that.

Its not big, not for a GWVF. 3.0 was 900 pages long.
                              this is prepping and we're already at page ten. (i have 100 posts a page, hate going through hundreds of pages)

if i'm going to catalogue ideas, i'd be calling this a near-future plan.

right guys, this is too chaotic.

what needs to be done:

PRIORITY:
                              -determine earth's tech level and capabilities.

-determine what we do with asgard tech.

-we need to set in stone the Prime Enemy. an enemy to us all, manipulating and scheming. could be a new one, could be an old one.

-we already have a Threat. (the Locust aren't really evil, and i think enemy is the wrong word.) i would like to set in stone more threats and their rough purpose. we can later elaborate in stories etc. i expect it to come naturally.

REST:
                              -we need to hammer out how many colonies we want

-we need to hammer out the sizes of the colonies.

-we need to hammer out the rough tech levels and capabilities/facilities of the colonies.

-we need to propose countries for the colonies.

Later we need to:

-get a concept and rough outline for the other Races and Factions.

- get a concept for the storyline.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet View Post
                                I'm currently standardising the equipment, what would you guys think if I tried to estimate the price for each component? Like for example 1 naquadah enhanced nuke = $6 million. Of course the estimates will be based on current prices for naval ship components.
                                Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                                We should also decide on the value of Naquadah and Trinium per kilo.
                                Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                                both are the wet dream of every construction person out there.

what's the value of stuff like gold, platinum and palladium?
                                Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                                then i think naquahdah, given it's exotic nature and high wanted status and it's fundamental nature to advanced technology+ mechanical properties, i think it's gonna be some 20 000-30 000 dollars per kilo.

naquahdah is 10 kt/g, so 10 Mt/Kg. 1Kwh=3.6x10^6 joules, so that's (10 000 x 4.184x10^12)= 1.1x0^10 KWH.

30 000 dollars/1.1x10^10 = 2.6x10^-6 dollars per KWH.

so that's 2.6 cents per 10 000 KWH energy production assuming 100% conversion.

that's....cheap.

i guess 70% of the cost of naquahdah is "virtual" value: the value of being demanded so much for it's material properties and energetic properties. also naquahdah rich planets are highly coveted (if that's the right word) so there's gonna be need for expensive defences against all those raiders.

earth however has the production capability of fine electronics etc, i doubt the colonies have that.

seeing the energies worked with and the properties of naquahdah, i'd use naquahdah for everything that transports electricity.

you can write in any team.

i would never write a chinese team because i can not make it believable. if you can, then i'm fine with that.

this is prepping and we're already at page ten. (i have 100 posts a page, hate going through hundreds of pages)

if i'm going to catalogue ideas, i'd be calling this a near-future plan.

right guys, this is too chaotic.

what needs to be done:

PRIORITY:
                                -determine earth's tech level and capabilities.

-determine what we do with asgard tech.

-we need to set in stone the Prime Enemy. an enemy to us all, manipulating and scheming. could be a new one, could be an old one.

-we already have a Threat. (the Locust aren't really evil, and i think enemy is the wrong word.) i would like to set in stone more threats and their rough purpose. we can later elaborate in stories etc. i expect it to come naturally.

REST:
                                -we need to hammer out how many colonies we want

-we need to hammer out the sizes of the colonies.

-we need to hammer out the rough tech levels and capabilities/facilities of the colonies.

-we need to propose countries for the colonies.

Later we need to:

-get a concept and rough outline for the other Races and Factions.

- get a concept for the storyline.
                                So then how are we going to press forward, one person to be assigned each task, or a collaboration of say two for each?
                                My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                                sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Working...
                                X