No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have got the book right here (dutch though) I just love the book.

ATM I am reading The Six Sacred Stones

www.darkarmada.nl
    www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

whatever books, clothing music or cathedrals you prefer, can we go back to the fleet?

just watched 33 (1x01) of BSG. i can see familliar things with stargate. well, actually BSG has a more realistic portrayal of spaceflight. anyway, it was a great episode. i loved how the cylons always were spot-on with their jumps.

anyway, in terms of colonies, how many would we have, what would their numbers, state and allegiance be?

i think 10 million people offworld is pretty much the max (originating from earth). that's nearly a million people leaving every year, assuming that 15 years before the fleet colonizing happened.

Comment

I can agree to 10m being the max fromEarth though (official that is and truly living their, being a citizen there) As to 33, that is a great episode and I actually would like to integrate certain nBSG things into this because of the sheer awesomeness, possibly even have the colonies of kobol as a race, though modified.

www.darkarmada.nl
        www.runescape.com

Comment

Well first we have to decide on the dispersal of those people. I think at least half should be alligned with Earth, very few should openly reject Earth.

How about;

- 4-5 Major Colonies with 80% of the offworld humans.
          - 8-10 smaller ones with 15%
          - Unspecified numbers of outposts and new colonies with the other 5%
          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

well that's pushing it. but i just love missiles.

anyway, 10 million.

3 mill at the main colony
            1 mill at 3 colonies

that's 6 mill.

the other 4 mill is spread over, what? 6-8 colonies? let's say 8 half mill colonies

rough numbers, of course.

Comment

I think we should start to write down that which we have agreed upon and pick a starting date, also we should select a writer to make the start of the story

www.darkarmada.nl
              www.runescape.com

Comment

I can't follow all of that............way too much information. Anyway as my last post was completely ignored ......again. I'll start afresh with hope of a response. Why not keep it simple to start with. Familiar territory that everyone can attune to and then work up through time to the other themes, ie Alien races and mood settings, alien technology etc. My suggestion would be to start new, but from the end of Continuum, with all the known facts. The Ori are gone do we don't have to worry about them. The Wraith and Lucian Alliance are still potential threats, and there could be unknown Goa'uld still lurking about. This all still fits canon and it's something everyone can relate to.

Earth politics. The programme has been revealed, ther is some backlash of course, but as the threats are revealed, most nations get behind and support. Bigger budgets mean better ships can be built. But keep it real, there is no way even a whole Earth Alliance can build mega ships much more than 800 metre length capacity. I would envision though, a fleet of smaller more capable gunships and cruisers, ranging from just over 100mtr to 300 mtr sizes.
                My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

I do not think we should have one main colony, it rules out allot of potential storymaking I think, 3 main colonies, 3 of the most important ones, together having about 3 to 5mil pop then about 8 to 10 medium colonies and loads of small ones, obviously slowly increasing.

Also I can see the MW having a pop boom

www.darkarmada.nl
                  www.runescape.com

Comment

I'm writing up a species called the Spiramortu. Probably be finished tomorrow or the day after.
                    Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                    sigpic

Comment

Let me think, ten million people in ten years or is that 15 years? That would be 1 to 1.5 million people born per year over that time frame, unless you want themto be all kids battlnig each iother I'm thinknig ten minnlion kids with douuble that of adults would be more simple to under stand

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
                        I think we should start to write down that which we have agreed upon and pick a starting date, also we should select a writer to make the start of the story
                        That sounds feasible, I would agree with PJ on the start time. And if you need a good writer, well he is the one I would pick. He's one of the most technically correct writers on the Forum, and he writes an insane action series.

Thanks to Commander PJOZ for the siggy

Comment

I cannot agree to something like that PJoz, I would like to write a fleet in which Earth politics have never before been so hectic, a real dark universe with some sparks of hope.

And again to the idea of this Earth Alliance, I think of it more as the Dutch Republic, every city, gewest and all having thier own customs but also their own rights, not one nation, a rather loose confederacy. The main part in Earth politics would be Particularism, my country first mentality.

Also folowing recent politics I do not think most nation, especially European nations following the US blindly

www.darkarmada.nl
                          www.runescape.com

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
                            I cannot agree to something like that PJoz, I would like to write a fleet in which Earth politics have never before been so hectic, a real dark universe with some sparks of hope.

And again to the idea of this Earth Alliance, I think of it more as the Dutch Republic, every city, gewest and all having thier own customs but also their own rights, not one nation, a rather loose confederacy. The main part in Earth politics would be Particularism, my country first mentality.

Also folowing recent politics I do not think most nation, especially European nations following the US blindly
                            I wouldn't suggest following the US blindly, hell no. What I'm suggesting is a reveal, there is a dark period of unsettlement from nations normally opposed to any US/Allied alliances, they could even go their own way with the knowledge China has on the programme. But as time progresses, it would either be, unite together eventually or we all fail under the weight of hostile actions from within the Galaxy, and perhaps even Wraith incursions into the MW.

And Jack, thanks for the recommendation, but it's up to a consensus I think.
                            My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                            sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

well PJ I would vote you to be the writer for the introduction/prologue and all, but I must say I like Bubba his idea best, it is a rather good idea i think

also I'd like anarchy to reign the MW with a few possibilities for being the beacon of hope and light in all that darkness, though that part should not be known until later in the fleet, and it should not automatically be Earth

www.darkarmada.nl
                              www.runescape.com

Comment

I'm actually unsure of how the thread actually works, no actual battles are discussed other then making new ships, and the like and also new races. I've seen one or two battles written by a few posters, but nothing other then that inthe lasttwo fleets.

So now I wonder, how exactly are anthing in the fleet posted? battels are written as a story yes?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Working...
                                X