No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As for the colonies I don't think we should have too many and I think having many thousands for each one is a bit much. This is only 15 years on, I don't we could support that kind of growth.
    re: my number of colonies: the big ones would be already big to start with, but get a lot of immigrants form other planets, and then most likely the already advanced ones (earth-like, that is) and they'd bring their own stuff. and it's not like they would all live in the same city.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      re: my number of colonies: the big ones would be already big to start with, but get a lot of immigrants form other planets, and then most likely the already advanced ones (earth-like, that is) and they'd bring their own stuff. and it's not like they would all live in the same city.
      I agree with this.

So who's onboard with the idea I put forward? It would be nice to get started on the details if everyone is happy.
      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Umm, clarify please? Has anything been altered since you posted the original idea a few pages back?
        sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
          It's not as if all the goths on Earth are going to pack up and start their own colony .

I suggest leaving that to a new race.
          Well they could, it'll be the most diverse race of people

Comment

I think Awinita meant the writing stile, gothic writing stile is a deep way, with allot of meanings and hidden plots and all it is also known for using figures of speech and mythology and such like using the number 3 or seven for good things and things like 666 for evil, but there are after all allot of diferent cultures which I think would do great in such a writing style.
            Making the sky look dark and such when something dark is going to happen, I think that is what Awinita meant.

www.darkarmada.nl
            www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
              Umm, clarify please? Has anything been altered since you posted the original idea a few pages back?
              Erm...not really. The concept is the same, killman, locutes and I have been discussing various points. Such as enemies, fractions within the MW.

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet View Post
              Well they could, it'll be the most diverse race of people
              I say we leave the goths till we go back to Pegasus and sort out the Wraith
              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                It's not as if all the goths on Earth are going to pack up and start their own colony .

I suggest leaving that to a new race.
                You do know they could do that right?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
                  I think Awinita meant the writing stile, gothic writing stile is a deep way, with allot of meanings and hidden plots and all it is also known for using figures of speech and mythology and such like using the number 3 or seven for good things and things like 666 for evil, but there are after all allot of diferent cultures which I think would do great in such a writing style.
                  Making the sky look dark and such when something dark is going to happen, I think that is what Awinita meant.
                  Hidden plots yes, meanings, not that i personally know of, sure everyone on a team or in a faction would want their own way or have to get a good group backing them to get something done. which is why the captain of a ship or inb charge of a team is always watching his/her back at all times for a backbiter, superstinion, nah, not much into that

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                  "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                  "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Buba you better not be suggesting that goths are vamps otherwise I'll have to slap you lol

We could have a faction like that, with more gothic styles of architecture

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                      I think I'm going ot post up my idea and why I thinki it fits.

This is the basics of it, short and simple.

~ Gothic, everything is gothic like, (for an example of gothic I am trhinknig of, Notre Dame Cathedral as an example only.) But this pertains ot everything, even ship appearance.
                      ~ Family/clan crests/emblems, similar to the symbols of a group of system lords and the like. onkly in this case it would be liek a flag. Also gothic in appearance as the flag would be carried in battle, on the ship itself, or whatever
                      ~ Ships are massive items, in some cases the largesto f them are several dozen kilomters long, (longest ship recorded on a different forum known as RTF was 38 KM in length at 12 KM wide) The crews of these ships are massive as well as the ships, normally numbering somewhere between ten and twenty thouand crew alone not including captain and bridge crew, which are normally the captains closest compianions. (sometimes his only compainions)
                      ~ These ships arel arge enough ot operate a stargate onboard, in this case the stargate in question would only be usible when within 400 KM of a planet and in solid orbit. The DHD wpould normally be operated either directly from the bridge itself or elsewhere
                      ~ Appearance of crew would be very gothic indeed. I have a few imiages in mind but right noew let your minds wander if you know of Rogue Trader or Warhammer 40,000 (or fantasy) you're pretty good on the imagry
                      The ships, scale that down a bit though, such sizes are to big. Another thing, such battles and such is usually considered Steam Punk, would fit with the Jaffa.

Personally I have a tenancy to hint towards Gothic building designs and I like to implement that in ship and uniform designs.

If I had the money I'd be dressing like this: (male duhu)

I love Victorian age and clothing and just about everything like that. In my race Trinity from the CSVF I actually used certain things like that for them. I have even been thnking of reusing the idea/race/faction

www.darkarmada.nl
                      www.runescape.com

Comment

Uh, yeah . . .

Maybe the clowns can fight the goths.
                        sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet View Post
                          Buba you better not be suggesting that goths are vamps otherwise I'll have to slap you lol

We could have a faction like that, with more gothic styles of architecture
                          Please no virtual slapping I bruise like a peach lol.

We could do, though these colonies would be so new I doubt they'd have much time to playaround with architecture. Would have to be a previously existing society.

Comment

incorporating a Goth writing style will be good for the fleet I think, Anyway I'd like a dark overtone in the fleet, no soft stuff, I get freaked out by those things.

Incorporating Goth design elements, why not? That has been done throe out history, incorporating steam punk stuff, go for it, using Victorian/Napoleonic area elements It can work. But do not make it to overly present... Do not make everyone dress: http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs28/f/20...azard*****.jpg and all, keep it part of the franchise but do what you love

www.darkarmada.nl
                            www.runescape.com

Comment

i know nothing of goths neither am i interested.

also re: the picture. which one is the male?

Comment

http://www.gothicwallpapers.net/Dark...paper%2041.jpg such backgrounds for an arc/storyline would be good I think

the one with the tophat........ obviously is male

www.darkarmada.nl
                                www.runescape.com

Comment

Working...
                                X