Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    very useful addition.

technically "terrans" could be used by ancients and the ancient inspired.

the pegasus people call us the people from atlantis/atlanteans without any reference to earth ever. for them, it doesn't exist.

the goauld-related call us tau'ri

the PPT planets call us midgardians, elves, whatever.
    Good points. I've actually had the Asurans use "Terrans" for us, as you say.

So:
    1. Ancient-influenced: Terran
    2. From Pegasus: (At)Lantians
    3. Goa'uld-influenced: Tau'ri
    4. Asgard-influenced: Midgarders (not elves -- that would imply a different cosmology)
    sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

people in "red sky" considered them elves.

i do believe the Galarans called us either midgarders or earthlings/people from earth.

Comment

people in "red sky" considered them elves.
        Hmm, I'd forgotten that. But that was because they were supposedly messengers from Asgard. Once an Asgard-influenced culture realized we were humans from the first world, they would probably start referring to us as Midgarders. Cf. Gaerwyn's response to Daniel's revelation that they were from Earth, not Asgard. I believe she referred to us as "brothers and sisters ... from the Ancient Home". So I guess they might also call us "Aldheimers" ... which could be amusing.
        sigpic

Comment

Once an Asgard-influenced culture realized we were humans from the first world, they would probably start referring to us as Midgarders.
          true.
          So I guess they might also call us "Aldheimers" ... which could be amusing.
          lol. as long as it's not alzheimer's

Comment

Hey guys anyone got a new chapter for their story (looks at Mcoy and Killman) or any new stories (now looks at tep)

But really I just want to read something new, I'm so into this fleet right now. Also anyone else I would love to see your stories and see new chapters those are just the most recent ones that I have read. Which means I should probably reread the ones other then Mcoy or Killman. Problem solved but really I want more!!!!!!!!!!!

Also the next part of my story should hopefully be up soon
            Vote Anubis for President in 2012
            A Face you Can Trust
            sigpic
            So whats the worst that could happen?
            Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
            It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Im having my birthday weekend, chances of me writing. 0 x
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

Happy Birthday Tep!!!
                A Face you Can Trust
                sigpic
                It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

happy birthday Tep.

how old does that make you? already got some grey hair

about Enduring Freedom:

not sure tok'ra can do that. i believe the tok'ra/host interaction is one of "all or nothing".

plus that your eye is half wired to your right and half wired to your left lobe, while your right arm and leg are wired to your right. all in all, such a division of mind and body would be more than exceptionally hard and far more like,y exceptionally impossible.

the far, far more likely solution to the ring thing is this:

the magic of flashbangs. all Jay would need to do is put something completely opaque before his eyes, put on some thick earprotection and drop two flashbangs, followed by knocking over the closest guard and getting out of the firezone.

some more flashbangs here and there do miracles.

if you need a shield generator, use a goauld hand device. we never really saw them used against plasma bolts so i leave the limitations up to you
                  Last edited by thekillman; 17 April 2011, 03:55 AM.

Comment

I actually disagree: I do think the merger is controlled by the symbiote, at least at first. For example, in In the Line of Duty, Jolinar takes time to merge with Carter -- it's not an info-dump.
                    sigpic

Comment

you do understand the problems associated with controlling separate body parts, with an eye on brain function and the separate parts of the brains and their functions?

also, the Symbiont controls the brain stem. so control is instant. the merger is not

Comment

you do understand the problems associated with controlling separate body parts, with an eye on brain function and the separate parts of the brains and their functions?

also, the Symbiont controls the brain stem. so control is instant. the merger is not
                        Say what?? I'm talking about the fact that the symbiote did something the host couldn't remember doing (for which see also Abyss -- possibly). You must be talking about something else ...
                        sigpic

Comment

Well seeing as we don't know what a symbiote can and can not do lets just leave it up to the writer

As for not using a flash bang, well a shield generator is just cooler and I was seeing more of a master chief like shield that blew out after to much damage and then had to have a new power cell put into replace it
                          A Face you Can Trust
                          sigpic

Comment

Say what?? I'm talking about the fact that the symbiote did something the host couldn't remember doing (for which see also Abyss -- possibly). You must be talking about something else ...
                            oh no i have NO problem with that.

i meant the part where jay and keltar control separate body parts

Comment

Thanks for the input guys and my next chapter is up
                              A Face you Can Trust
                              sigpic

Comment

Ok so just watched the new episode of SGU. Wont put any spoilers but what do people think about potentially bringing those people in to the fleets somehow?

If this had been 3.0 still we could have so made the drone army part of the swarm storyline, they are so like the drone ship that attacked falco and the WW its stupid.
                                Last edited by immhotep; 19 April 2011, 06:39 AM.
                                sigpic
                                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                                Stargate : Genesis |
                                Original Starship DesignThread
                                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X