No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only caution once more that this is a future speculation, as of now, these things are on the table, but we've other stories running and (in-universe) bigger concerns in terms of construction (namely, the fleet -- this may be the first time we've started a storyline BEFORE a fleet is fully complete ). Maybe mention something like this in the works.
    true

the economic and strategic advantages are obvious so i think that the main debate will be locations and costs

But on that note, and I think im getting the feel for the Earth side of the fleets, what stage are we at, because Im just getting saberratling with the LA, Jaffa and aschen at this point, and a few other skirmishes. That about right? Were not fully at war yet, so the wartime productions and intensive stuff hasnt begun. Because production should double at least when a major war starts. Because emergency powers would kick in and all the resources devoted to ship design and defence meaning we can do things alot faster and cut corners and the like to get things done. If you noticed alot of the older ships in the fleets lasted the longest because the newest ones were rushed in to production and effectively destroyed on thier maiden battles sometimes because they just werent of the same quality in production terms as the full designs.
    technically we are at war with the LA.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
      Trust me thats not the first time weve started a storyline before a fleet is fully complete!!! Half of the ideas in 2.0 and 3.0 were fleshed out designed and modelled before they even got a story. The amount of arguments on the swarm are evidence. They got shown for about 45seconds at the end of one story yet were discussed hundreds of times, thier entire history and fleet and interactions and future all planned. Thats the nature of the fleets that ideas are planned so much more than wrote!
      I actually meant that in-story, not all the ships are built yet.

But the preponderance of ideas is certainly characteristic.

But on that note, and I think im getting the feel for the Earth side of the fleets, what stage are we at, because Im just getting saberratling with the LA, Jaffa and aschen at this point, and a few other skirmishes. That about right? Were not fully at war yet, so the wartime productions and intensive stuff hasnt begun..
      The time-scale is a bit skewed -- my story (and stories on track with it) is more of a prologue, so the war(s) hasn't(haven't) started yet. However, stories on track with David's opener happen just as the war with the LA is beginning. We have something of a disconnected time-frame, but it'll close as I am able to catch up on writing.
      sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

I wont mind writing a battle once things get going, as i dont know enough about the backstory and plots to get involved at this stage. But later on ill do something when things are a bit clearer.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

Hey guys the next part of my story is up and this one explains a lot about well a lot of stuff, especially of politics of the galactic community and more specifically the tok'ra and their place in the galaxy.

Also any feed back would be great and I will reward green for it

Hopefully though my entire story will be done today, I've been working on it a lot so once again any feed back would be great
          Vote Anubis for President in 2012
          A Face you Can Trust
          sigpic
          So whats the worst that could happen?
          Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
          It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

I really enjoyed it Im looking forward to the attack on the planet. And its giving me a better perspective on the politics. Im surprised the LA are this powerful but its interesting. Just to check, based on this story. Do we still have Nerus on the loose? Because he would be a nice goauld character to put to th e Tokra and get back involved, hes right up the st for this. Oh wait Baal killed him didnt he, oh well, we dont have to be 100% canon he could have lived.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            11000! green me

Comment

or he could have switched hosts when Ba'al shot him and the Lucian Alliance are a force to be dealt with, I think, there has been some debate on this but they did actually launch an attack on one of Earth's best colonies in daves story.
              A Face you Can Trust
              sigpic
              It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Yeah but Earth has been shown to have enough firepower to do them alot of damage. They only took out a deadalus because they had extreamely good tactics, ones that are unlikely to be replicated in an all our war or with fleets. I just never saw them as anything more than a pest so its interesting to see them being the main baddie. Even thought I'm not sure they are really Anti-Earth, they are human and share traits that most big business and blackmarkets have been accustomed to for decades. They could easily be infiltrated and taken over by some of Earth's business people. Its why the trust works so well, but the LA and Earth could make better allies than enemies if another big bad came along. The LA are the Earth equivalent to the tokra to the goauld. Human, deceitful and pest like, moderate power through impersonation, politics and piracy but really quite easy to throw aside if they are tackled in the right way.
                sigpic
                11000! green me

Comment

That is true tep, maybe you could right a story about that? Well not all of the LA that is. I don't remember ask Mcoy or someone but there are a groups of leaders who run the LA, not just one man so maybe some can be swayed to help earth while others don't.
                  A Face you Can Trust
                  sigpic

Comment

There are, I believe, 13 Warlords. The Alliance is actually pretty varied; some of them can threaten us, some are weak. Some may offer to help us, some will fight. They aren't exactly a main bad-guy, they sort of provide couter-point to the Aschen and a couple other forces we'll have to deal with, including Jaffa internal politics. You can see in my story some of the complexities we're working for.

I haven't read your story yet, fugi, but I'll comment on it once I have.
                    sigpic

Comment

Once you read my story you will see how the tok'ra feel the jaffa are coming along and trust me there are a lot of jaffa troubles brewing
                      A Face you Can Trust
                      sigpic

Comment

Even thought I'm not sure they are really Anti-Earth, they are human and share traits that most big business and blackmarkets have been accustomed to for decades.
                        they fight Earth because, well i can't really imagine earth politicians agreeing with stuff they do.

Yeah but Earth has been shown to have enough firepower to do them alot of damage.
                        true. but unlike Earth, the Lucian alliance has a nice fleet. Earth has actual stuff to defend properly. but Earth doesn't know half the LA planets.

with the experimental Ko'tak, the LA gain some serious firepower but it's a singular "hero" ship. they might figure out how to replicate the Naquahdriah technology, but the amount of ships that can receive such an upgrade is limited for logistic reasons.

There are, I believe, 13 Warlords. The Alliance is actually pretty varied; some of them can threaten us, some are weak. Some may offer to help us, some will fight. They aren't exactly a main bad-guy, they sort of provide couter-point to the Aschen and a couple other forces we'll have to deal with, including Jaffa internal politics. You can see in my story some of the complexities we're working for.
                        17. of which about 7 (Not an exact figure) can be considered the "main" lords. kinda how the Goauld had Sokar and Apophis and Anubis. the LA have a "top brass" of warlords which are the most powerful, most feared, most respected, most hated.

i wouldn't call him the "defacto leader" but Omari is one of the most feared due to his military nature and his large military faction. and Balr/Belre being the main "economic" lord. not the evil kind of guy, just the pragmatic guy who shares some of his income and wealth to gain all privileges of being a Lord.

oh and you CAN "buy" yourself in, but with the current 17 lords, the price is high. besides they won't allow any random guy with money in.

Human, deceitful and pest like, moderate power through impersonation, politics and piracy but really quite easy to throw aside if they are tackled in the right way.
                        easy tackling of the LA IMO is out of the question. i'll reveal later why it's not easy, but it's pretty fundamental to how the current LA exists.

these are the guys that have learned from past mistakes, Tep. they won't make themselves vulnerable and they will try to handle stuff in a civil manner with intra-Lucian relationships. they won't just fracture. the contracts that made them the Lucian Alliance in their mind is a lifelong dedication to the Alliance, however long each person's life lasts.

Comment

i posted my entire story in the other thread, so everyone can catch up since it's been a while.

i don't have a solid date yet but i was thinking about 2026 or so

Comment

Damn thats a long story and after class I will read it for sure
                            A Face you Can Trust
                            sigpic

Comment

Nice story so far.

Just one little linguistics-related note: the doctor is far more likely to say something along the lines of "Immortal Ra!" than "My Ra!". Just historically and linguistically speaking.
                              sigpic

Comment

"just like on earth unless noted"

(TVtropes FTW)

thank you all. the ending is perhaps rather abrupt but i felt it was going on too long and i needed to tie this up before i lost all interest.

now that this is (largely ) tied up, i can continue my story as i have wanted to for the past two weeks or so

Comment

Working...
                                X