No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

avoid taking a race from some other show/game/book/whatever, swapping a name and some miscellaneous tech/body-parts, and calling it your own.
    i only took the visueal look of them nothing elce

Comment

But, 'killman, how many people can actually afford to live on these stations? Or are allowed to?
      90% of the costs of building a space station is travel. rings and asgard beaming make that MUCH easier. even if it's power consuming, with like 20 cents per kilowatthour? you can use many petawatthours before you're even close to breaking even.

guppy, it was just a piece of advice. your use of "like in halo" made it feel to much like a Halo race

Comment

halo is dumb.........

Comment

Originally posted by colbmista View Post
          halo is dumb.........
          Gotta disagree with you there big time Colb.....it may not be the most intelligent game out there... but it sure isn't Dumb

EDIT- Oh...2K posts

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by colbmista View Post
            halo is dumb.........
            dont like halo myself.. but it isnt any Dumber then any other video game imo.

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
            Gotta disagree with you there big time Colb.....it may not be the most intelligent game out there... but it sure isn't Dumb

EDIT- Oh...2K posts
            Congrats now you can have a personal avatar

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              for as long as it's not cliche.

not happy with tollan tech. i foresee problems with phase shifting.

also tom, your application of RKV's would make the stargate universe not stargate anymore as any person would prefer a moveable space station over a very static city
              If we keep to much to established canon, then what's the fun in that?

I just finished reading Excession , by Iain M. Banks, and it just hit me that SG has every prerequisite for building Culture like ships; force fields, exotic power sources, AI. Obviously nobody's going to be building these in the fleet, but I think that's the direction it would naturally go in the future.

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              90% of the costs of building a space station is travel. rings and asgard beaming make that MUCH easier. even if it's power consuming, with like 20 cents per kilowatthour? you can use many petawatthours before you're even close to breaking even.
              Actually, that would still make a station with a reasonable habitat space very expensive, the entire thing is a technological construction, and it takes money to manufacture all that stuff.

I think you both have a point: at first these would be limited to critical infrastructure like government and military bases, but give it a few decades, and the prices go down to where everyone can afford to live in one. The problem is that by that point the galaxy would be pretty peaceful, so it would be a lifestyle choice at that point.

Comment

The problem is that by that point the galaxy would be pretty peaceful, so it would be a lifestyle choice at that point.
                if every madman with a tel'tak and some patience can devastate a planet, i don't think it'll ever be peaceful.

Actually, that would still make a station with a reasonable habitat space very expensive, the entire thing is a technological construction, and it takes money to manufacture all that stuff.
                i'm not sure how expensive houses are in your neightbourhood, but i think it'll be a LOT cheaper than anything we can make today in space. as i said, most costs come from transport. make that easy and cheap, and the prices drop. it'll probably still cost half a million, but as the rich go to the relatively much safer space, the prices drop.

Comment

Originally posted by guppy338 View Post
                  well help me to make them not like i said its my first time i have done it i would like any help that can be given
                  Here is a scenario you could try if you want a race devoid of Goa'uld influence. We know as per canon, the Asgard ad a hand in taking the Norse culture and people from Earth and placing them on at least two planets. The Ancients also were most likely responsible for several human civilisations that we know, well most of them in fact that were'nt from Goa'uld slave stocks. You could create a race of advanced humans that have evolved, not to the point of ascension, but perhaps beyond accepted human physiology. "A New race of humanoids" something akin to how the older race of Asgard appeared in the lab episode with Hermiod.
                  My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                  sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

i'd prefer not to include too many major advanced human races. i'd like to see alien aliens

Comment

Well if they looked like Hermiod's pre-Asgard, they'd be quite alien then wouldn't they
                      My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                      sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

mine are 7 foot reptiles

Comment

so basicly the unas?

Comment

so basicly the unas?
                            thats one way to look at it smart unas i never though of it like that

Comment

the unas are smart ...

Comment

they're pretty much cavemen

Comment

Working...
                                X