No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

like the jaffa will sell their precious technology to earthlings for nothing.

surely they will understand the value of such tech?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post

Trade tech. We give them somthing and they give somthing else.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

i doubt the jaffa had more use in building goauld stuff than crude assembly and mining

Comment

It's cheaper than making our own, and I imagine there are trade agreements as well. No to mention that the FJN isn't the only power with goa'uld nanaofabs.

Comment

Trust me if Teal'c was the leader of the FJN (which we should decide) then he would be more then willing to trade rings for earths support and resources to help build up the free jaffa nation

Like I said earlier in the thread the Jaffa trade certain goa'uld parts such as ring platforms for earths aid in understanding their tech or do you want the jaffa to be medieval society forever?
            Vote Anubis for President in 2012
            A Face you Can Trust
            sigpic
            So whats the worst that could happen?
            Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
            It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

i doubt the jaffa had more use in building goauld stuff than crude assembly and mining
              Well I would say the Tok'ra would have helped them learn how to by now. They teach them how to build and develop stuff on their own, and in return the Jaffa protect the Tok'ra.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

There would definitely be research and trade treaties being negotiated behind the scenes. And not just between those two, there are other cultures that can help the Jaffa.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                  There would definitely be research and trade treaties being negotiated behind the scenes. And not just between those two, there are other cultures that can help the Jaffa.
                  Defently. The Jaffa are the biggest nation in the MW, you need to make sure they don't become a failed state, or they fall back into old habbits

Comment

Trust me if Teal'c was the leader of the FJN (which we should decide) then he would be more then willing to trade rings for earths support and resources to help build up the free jaffa nation

Like I said earlier in the thread the Jaffa trade certain goa'uld parts such as ring platforms for earths aid in understanding their tech or do you want the jaffa to be medieval society forever?
                    we already have ring tech.

again i doubt the jaffa have lots of blueprints on everyhting

Comment

But they know how to make them they just dont understand them
                      Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                      A Face you Can Trust
                      sigpic
                      So whats the worst that could happen?
                      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

we don;t even know that.

am i the only one worried here that we're already turning this into 3.0 where earth understands all that goauld tech and we're far more advanced than we're supposed to be

Comment

we don;t even know that.

am i the only one worried here that we're already turning this into 3.0 where earth understands all that goauld tech and we're far more advanced than we're supposed to be
                          Just because we have access to it doesnt mean we understand it. People have acess to electricity but very few of them understand exactly where it comes from

Comment

there's gonna be a lot of fun when two highly advanced alien races go abuse that lack of understanding

Comment

I'm currently calculating the costs for everyone's gunship and just one point: PJOZ's gunship size isn't that much different to what the original size was of the deimos/deimos-phantom.

Comment

Right, help with plots:
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=Kcmi...eature=related

Warning: This will help you write better stories, but it will probably mean that you gain a physics defying sense of prescience when you read other stories.

I don't think we need advanced races for that, I'm sure that we'll dig quite a few holes for ourselves by simply using tech we don't fully understand yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X