No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure I'd take part in a 3rd Gen human storyline, tweaking the canon SG-1 timeline is still my preferred idea.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

3rd Gen is a bad Idea, Simply making a few small tweeks to the established canon would IMO bbe the best option.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

mine too. ALso I don't want to take part in an easy fleet, I want to create a fleet in which I can write for fun. I just love making enemies fight each other and using sneak attack tactics

www.darkarmada.nl
        www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

I do not like the 3rd gen idea it would make thing to complicate. I like the idea of making changes in already established cannon events

Comment

this brings us to the next question:

how far do we want to go?

Comment

I think we can go pretty far, I would like to start the programme from about 2010 with no überness at all, a complete clean slate yet keeping the Goa'uld and such.

www.darkarmada.nl
              www.runescape.com

Comment

I beilve that some kind of unified world government should be in charge, Something like the U.N. It could have it's own military for peace keeping, Unified currency ect. , and the indivdual nations are like counties or States. That way you avoid the whole nationality debate and it is simply a small adjustment.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

in this age having a world government would be nigh impossible. I vote NO world government.

www.darkarmada.nl
                  www.runescape.com

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
                    in this age having a world government would be nigh impossible. I vote NO world government.
                    I think it would rather be like NATO : an independent organization (IOA+SGC) under the command of either the UN, G8 or G20. The different members would share the costs and the benefits of the program.
                    La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
                    L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

The G8 ruling over the gate and its adjunct things would be possible and logical but, a world government would not be.

www.darkarmada.nl
                      www.runescape.com

Comment

From what you guys have said my option with some tweaks still works very well. In terms of the future stroylines and our relationship with the jaffa etc, that can be changed. But i do think the S6/7/8 period was the best balence between what was SG1 and what would have led in to a really nice fleet style universe, if pushed a bit further. I think my origional concept of the Gaia base in Antartica, which i used in genesis, would be a nice place to start. After the Anubis battle the complex seen in rising would be significantly expanded, becoming a combination of the SGC and Area 51, we could patch in as many ancient systems that remained at the outpost, perhaps even with the ZPM being used, instead of sending people to Atlantis Via gate we could send promethius and go by ship, leaving earth's defenses more robust and giving us a decent amount of protection for a while.
                        Antartica would also be the perfect place for gate opperation, from a security perspective in that it is extreamely remote and also that its so far away from anything remotely like civilization that virtually any gate related activity could be contained very easily, and very few aliens would be able to reach centres of population without a ship or teleport. We could also create a whole new range of facilities under and on the ice, perhaps even rediscoving parts of the Lantian civilization which may be around the Outpost. We would have ample room to stockpile resources and expand and shelter any number of people we wanted from goauld or orii attack. Best thing, it wouldnt take much for an entire complex to be created, actual no resources. Tokra Crystels could create a vast underground network of tunnels in a few weeks and with Asgard beaming technology we could close the SGC and area 51 only a few months after the attack.
                        Once in Antartica, which is neutral, the organisational style of the SGC could be changed as well, we could introduce a more developed form of GATO.

Later in on when we have ships, there is still space to store and build new ships, a gate centre around the outpost makes alot of sense from a whole range of perspectives and allows the kind of retconning of the political landscape of Earths gate program people have been asked for. And that whole S7/8 period provides just the kind of window for it to happen. Weir could have been put in charge of the civilian wing of the Antarctica project instead of SGA happening atall, and then oniel once saved, could be in charge of the base and military side of the outpost base.
                        sigpic
                        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                        Stargate : Genesis |
                        Original Starship DesignThread
                        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                        11000! green me

Comment

well lets continue battling that.

the Ori are IMO a huge mistake. WAY too uber and WAY to underkill at the same time.

the ori are capable of singlehandedly devastating the entire MW, they don't need stupid followers for that. why not launch replicators, kill all MW life, then go spread believers to several galaxies, or just use your ascended powers to terraform the entire galaxy and place followers there, and then overwhelm the ancients.

no, the ori make no sense and are idiotic. the LA would've made a better enemy: goauld tech with human intellect.

also getting asgard tech was another huge mistake. naquahdriah-powered ships is better.

i've been thinking about what tom said.

if the Altairans are tweaked a bit, they can become quite important. first of all, i'd like to see them develop their own ships. not earth-like in design or anything, but rather designed to be largely automated. each is essentially a weaponsplatform, which can give the goauld a good fight. not too massproduced, or it's not fun, but not underproduced either.

the Tok'ra queen should remain alive, and through earth;s help, they can build a mobile shipyard and build some of their own ships.
                          Last edited by thekillman; 12 April 2010, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                            the problem i'm having is the multi-TT shields and the multi TT nukes and the multi GT weapons and the LY/s hyperdrives and neutronium plating etc.
                            Well that won't happen if we start with a new race of humans. Totally different weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet View Post
                              Well that won't happen if we start with a new race of humans. Totally different weapons.
                              which is something I do not think I'll join.

www.darkarmada.nl
                              www.runescape.com

Comment

yes yes but humans that once had access to those, so there's still gonna be the coonsequences.

Comment

Working...
                                X