Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
    Why not just keep Sg1 as it is but just modify things as we need them. I vote for retconning anything past S8. When anubis attacked we did beat him but the gate program went public, we still sent people to Pegasus but instead of giving them a ZPM
    Three words: Ancient Power Modulator. The one O'Neil built could sustain a connection to Ida for a minute, what if we rigged some hardened power lines that won't fry form the energy, and daisy chain a dozen of these in parallel? Send the equipment along with the expediciton so they can dial back.

the deadalus, and a few promethius class ships with a fleet of nuke capable F302's were enough to scare the wraith away.
    No way in hell, tartarus, or any other volcanic prison planets the Goa'uld came up with would that scare the Wraith away.

We pick up at that point. Where Earth has a few bases and ships, a couple in Pegasus and a new global gate program overseen by the IOA. We dont even need a new enemy, we dont need to include the Ori. Personally i think a war between ourselves and the Jaffa could be very promising, and it would be the perfect platform for changing all we dislike about the goauld without editting the show. The Jaffa use thier tech and ships differently, seeing how effective we were against them they begin upgrading and changing their weapons, tactics, uniforms etc. Earth takes up a more defensive position in relation to the Jaffa, we begin setting up colonies around the MW, and acquire or build a new fleet of ships a few years after what would have been the end of S8. We could start it in say 2015 and do a normal fleet.
    A war between the Jaffa and Earth is a bit weird... I just don't see the justification. And we can use the New Mind Goa'uld form SGW, the whole SGU vs. Praxis thing. The story does say that these Goa'uld aren't the old school type, they like to get their hands dirty, think outside the box. And nice side is, it gives us the opportunity to develop the full scope of races involved, from the Asgard, to the Goa'uld, to us an the Jaffa (the good and bad sides of both species).

Without at the same time taking the Jaffa in a direction that's 180 degrees out of sink with what we're used to. Culture does not change that fast.

Comment

One question, say we ditch 3rd Gen and go Teps idea; would the mythology still play a part?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
          Of course.
          Now say we go 3rd Gen; would that be either darker then nromally seen (even on SGU) or just gothic like? (for an example like at a Spencers Gifts store or a Hot Topic type store)

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

TBH i'm fed up with "we go kill wraith" stories. i think they are too flawed to make any sense.

besides, again quite a lot of damage was done before we even got to season 8. i think retcons would confuse more than starting anew.

tom i do not see the need for a dozen linked powerdevices. we could just take an offworld site, charge up a shield buffer, and then empty it on the stargate, so we can dial anyway.

i'd say:

gate found in 1995.

Alpha Site planet found in 1997

Beta Site planet found in 2000

Gamma Site Planet found in 2001

Delta Site planet found in 2001

Epsilon Site Planet found in 2002.

disclosure to the G8 by 2005,

railguns by 2007

F-301 fighters by 2008

SGC built on the Alpha Site in 2010. there we start

by 2011 we'd have accumulated a fleet of 1 ha'tak, and some smaller ships, and about 30 F-301's.

nukes and nuke tech would play an important role in defeating ha'tak, ships which wouldn't be so common. in stead we'd introduce smaller classes which are not just more common but also easier to defeat.

the Tok'ra and other allies play an important role in getting us in space.

Comment

Remember the toc’ra are against us using Goauld technology because they think it is to advanced for us. who would have as alleys Toc’ra ,Tollen Habadan, Asgard

Comment

so what? doesn't mean they can't help us. i was thinking of a kind of shared research on the stuff.

Comment

I really am not budging from the 3rd gen human race stuff. I don't like the idea of going back and doing everything again. In answer to killman's statement about the long distance from here to Destiny, the simple answer is build a supergate. The storyline I had set up (in my mind) was that the Licentae had sent a group of people to Destiny in the early 22nd century (thanks to the Ancient database), so by the time the swarm were attacking, we had been on and secured Destiny for about a century. That is essentially the history of how the local group races ended up on the other side of the universe. Starting with a new race of humans, means we can start afresh without damaging the history we've already made in the fleets.

Comment

the problem i'm having is the multi-TT shields and the multi TT nukes and the multi GT weapons and the LY/s hyperdrives and neutronium plating etc.

Comment

I think I might get killed for this but, I started to like SG less and less after Apophis, I think we should let the gate be unfound or not being able to use it up to about the 90s. In that time the Goa'uld would run the way they did before and since there'd be no Jaffa rebellion and no death of Ra or Apophis the System Lords can defend from Anubis or we just down scale Anubis' power all together so he CAN and WILL be a System Lord but not über forcing yet another few über weapons of our own.

This would create more in fighting and can keep us somewhat more under the radar. And in about 2010 we really start.

The gate would be G8 run but there would be enough access for the nations represented here as writers to get 1 team or something.

I would also like the Tollan to survuve

Another thing would be, keep us confined (with ships that is) to the so called Alpha and Beta quadrants, leaving enough to explore within the milky way.

www.darkarmada.nl
                      www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

i think Anubis as a half ascended was a bad idea. cool idea, but that's all.

i think that apophis was cool but now that i look back he's also quite cheesy. i like Baal better.

but anyway, i'm not sure what you are proposing aside from what i proposed earlier? i think Ra could be our enemy first. the most old fashioned of systemlords.

Comment

I never really had anything with Ra, not my kinda thing.

What about we really try to, uhh , how do you say that in english, eh, System Lords tegen elkaar uitspelen, uhh, making one System Lord the other is stealing from him so they create war between the System Lords in an increased way, so more than they usually have. Resulting in keeping us safer.
                          That is something I think lacked in SG. They concentrate on one enemy and not try to let the System Lords weaken themselves.

www.darkarmada.nl
                          www.runescape.com

Comment

So lets say we go this direction, I recall DaveT saying he wants to stick with 3rd Gen, would mythology still paly a part in that? If not I cansee gothic anddark doing just that along with mythology and the like

Comment

I just do not see a 3rd Gen thing working, not my cuppa tea.

www.darkarmada.nl
                              www.runescape.com

Comment

i think and fear it's simply gonna be too uber.

why do you guys want to write in an easy fleet? what's wrong with actually working for our ships? when we did that in other fleets, i never really felt emotional attachement with these new ships. i mean, they felt so .... disposable.

Comment

Working...
                                X