Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

like i said a poll would of caused no foul play or cause problems

Comment

i think my little brother and sister dont fight is much as you's and their 4 and 6 lets just leve it and go back to it later when we have all chilled

Comment

For my two cents worth, I was against this whole voting thing from the begining. You are always going to get negativity from someone who doesn't like the end result unless you have an independent arbiter collect the votes and post the results.

I believe in all sincerity that we should all work to together in designing a fleet, put our ideas in a pool and work out the nuts and bolts just as a real production team would and stop all this childish bickering.
        My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
        sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by guppy338 View Post
          i think my little brother and sister dont fight is much as you's and their 4 and 6 lets just leve it and go back to it later when we have all chilled
          The only ones who seem to be fighting over this Guppy are Killman and Dave, and we know Killman's motives.

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
          For my two cents worth, I was against this whole voting thing from the begining. You are always going to get negativity from someone who doesn't like the end result unless you have an independent arbiter collect the votes and post the results.

I believe in all sincerity that we should all work to together in designing a fleet, put our ideas in a pool and work out the nuts and bolts just as a real production team would and stop all this childish bickering.
          I agree with you there PJ, it would stop this crap dead.

Thanks to Commander PJOZ for the siggy

Comment

I was also pretty sure PJOZ's model was confirmed, but whatever, I'll re-vote for PJOZ then.

@PJOZ: this was the Agincourt model I was putting together at the last mod I did

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...1#post11617114

It's evolving as I do the model, but I'm pretty happy with the layout. Much of the tech though is related to the configuration and there is only so much I can break it before it's no longer in line with my original inspiration. That's why I figure I'll just keep it as a personal project. This is how the model is shaping up:

Spoiler:

Speaking of models, I made a start on modeling one of your fighters. As much as I loathe the 302 airframe, I figured it would at least be challenging trying to update and simultaneously fix it into something with at least a modicum of visual appeal.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The canopy is a bit sleeker. I figure you could do some cool augmented reality projection on the inside and variable gold tint on the outside (the sun is harsh in space). The cockpit is set back slightly to accommodate a larger nose with more avionics. With the cockpit back the wing leading edges have dog teeth and a cut out section so the pilot still has decent visibility below. The vent thing behind the cockpit is greatly reduced to improve visibility (I can't work out what the hell that intake was for in the 302's, generator air cooling maybe? The rocket certainly doesn't need it).

The wing down angle is reduced which I think will make the craft better suited to a wider range of flight missions. Tail fins are set further back which should give better yaw control if I understand flight control principles properly. Wing leading edge control surfaces and the ones between the engines should give decent pitch control. The engines have 3 intakes. Two foremost top are for the turbofans on take off. Lower main intakes are turbofans in flight. The last two on top are bypass intakes for the aero-spike stage. I added units for the high impulse vernier thrusters but I still need to add the nozzles.

There is also a made up thrust vector system that does 3d vectoring by rotation of the whole flap mounting. A three flap non-rotating version might look better though, I might try it out.

Comment

Blackluster that is freakin awesome, I was just looking over PJ's specs, the new ones you did, and I'd say we should award that as a joint effort between the two of you. Blackluster/PJOZ=epic win

Comment

Okay, guys. I can't take this much more. How about we all cool down and come back to fighters later.

'Killman, if you really do trust me, stop pushing it. Everyone's about to fly off the handle.

As far as I know, we aren't having a (battle)carrier, so that's not an issue. The only stuff left is a gunship and maybe a frigate of some sort.

Can we all just step back and relax, then? We'll sort out the fighter stuff later when we have more cool heads.

PJOZ: voting makes this more than just another fan-fiction. It's a community project.

Now, please don't make me take more time off to break up fights. I don't want this to fall apart.
                sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

I know, the only other way is for the mods to set up a poll for each category which would be lengthy and arduos to say the least. Otherwise we could get someone who is not part of the project to collect the votes via PM and publish the results at the end of a given time like we do on the Modelling Challenge. But if we drop the Fighter project now, we'll only recycle the issue over again. My proposal, David and I are declared joint winners and both fighters used. After all an Air force uses more than one design.

Comment

I'm in agreement with McKoy, we can come back to it later.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

And do what Brad? have the whole ugly nonsense all over again. We'll end up doing the same thing with every entry. I for one cannot see the issue, I counted every single page from the beginning of the first entry, the first votes until now. I spent hours going over all of this. PJ won it fairly and your second vote missed the deadline. If we don't agree here and now, we never will. If you all want to do it again, that's fine, but I think it's only going to end up in the same sh*t fight.

Comment

I have been viewing this thread for some time now and the only reason I haven't joined in is because you all seem to spend an inordinate amount of time discussing issues and arguing over things that should be resolved in a few short pages.

On the current debate over the fighter designs I have read all the arguments about who won etc, and all I can say is it seems a case of sour grapes from some of you. So if you would like, to make this easy, as a non partisan participent, can I propose this.

You all send me via PM your votes, one vote only per person and I will publish the votes after one week along with who voted for who, and I'd like to add, you cannot vote for yourself. That would eliminate all this angst you have here at the moment.
                        Without the medical corps, there would be no SG teams left

wonderful Signature by my Daughter RogueRanger aka Melanie

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
                          I know, the only other way is for the mods to set up a poll for each category which would be lengthy and arduos to say the least. Otherwise we could get someone who is not part of the project to collect the votes via PM and publish the results at the end of a given time like we do on the Modelling Challenge. But if we drop the Fighter project now, we'll only recycle the issue over again. My proposal, David and I are declared joint winners and both fighters used. After all an Air force uses more than one design.
                          I actually agree with PJ on this one. I mean yes you did put ridiculous shields on the fighter, but you were willing to take them off and replace them. What I want to know though is how you'll going to fit this shield generator on the fighter and what shield strength you physically can get with it.
                          But besides that PJ, your fighter specs were very good.
                          So having both fighters is fine by me. However, my original statement stays.
                          I would rather not have people submitting two specs for one class. However, if you feel you need too all I'll say is this: when it comes to voting, voters will need to say which of the two specs they are voting for. Also, once the voting starts, that's it, no more modifying of your specs.

So I am putting an end to this fighter arguement now:
                          The joint winners are PJOZ's F-100 and my Vortex F-100, which I propose have the designations: F-100 for PJOZ's and F-150 for mine.

Comment

Well that saves me a bit of time, do I call you David? My offer still stands for your next rounds for your other ships and congratulations for a very gentlemanly decision I'll green you for that.
                            Without the medical corps, there would be no SG teams left

wonderful Signature by my Daughter RogueRanger aka Melanie

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet View Post
                              I actually agree with PJ on this one. I mean yes you did put ridiculous shields on the fighter, but you were willing to take them off and replace them. What I want to know though is how you'll going to fit this shield generator on the fighter and what shield strength you physically can get with it.
                              But besides that PJ, your fighter specs were very good.
                              So having both fighters is fine by me. However, my original statement stays.
                              I would rather not have people submitting two specs for one class. However, if you feel you need too all I'll say is this: when it comes to voting, voters will need to say which of the two specs they are voting for. Also, once the voting starts, that's it, no more modifying of your specs.

So I am putting an end to this fighter arguement now:
                              The joint winners are PJOZ's F-100 and my Vortex F-100, which I propose have the designations: F-100 for PJOZ's and F-150 for mine.
                              Dave nic one. Though I did say my first draft was only a prelimary one, then I stuffed my hand up and Blacky finished for me twice So thank you to both of you. The shields weren't my doing anyway, someone else had a hand in that for another thread, and I was more than willing to remove them.

This actually works out very realistically. You essentially have given us now a full ships complement of the right mix of fighters. The best analogy I can come up with is pre-F14 phase out. You had the F14C/D as your long range heavy hitter, the F18 as your dogfighter and the F14E as your best interceptor. There are also ECM/EW versions of the F18F so now we have a very real playing field.

Comment

Originally posted by marilynrose View Post
                                Well that saves me a bit of time, do I call you David? My offer still stands for your next rounds for your other ships and congratulations for a very gentlemanly decision I'll green you for that.
                                I think we can take that under advisement ma'am. It is a really good idea though, thank you Marilyn

Comment

Working...
                                X