• Show
Clear All

even nanofabrication would not make the costs 5million

www.darkarmada.nl
    www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
      Indeed, a hull is a relatively simple thing. It simply takes a long time to build because of it's size.

Oh, and at the risk of sounding a bit rude. Could we please write more into ship schematics than a list of systems? I have to say, some descriptions on the ship's mission profile, and how it achieves it's goals would be far more preferable to a page and a half of system listings.

Killman, for the umpteenth time, achieving orbit is a cakewalk with inertial dampeners, you can't compare the space shuttle with a 302. But you guys are totally right on the expensive electronics part. The question is, how would things like nano-fabrication impact these costs?
      I agree that we need technical notes and mission profile for the ships, but we need to see ship schmatics as well.

Comment

the schematics are to be shown later on, the design will come after the specs and the role have been voted up on.

Herhaps voting should go three way, first we define the role we need filled. Then we create the specs, and THEN we vote for design

www.darkarmada.nl
        www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Seeing as everyone is ready to go, shall we begin the voting process for the fleet ships? I think the voting order should be as follows:

1. Fighter specifications
          - Fighter Model

2. Gunship specifications
          - Gunship model

3. Battleship specifications
          - Battleship model

4. Cruiser specifications
          - Cruiser model

5. Drop-ship specifications
          - Drop-ship model

6. Cargo ship specifications
          - Cargo ship model

Each spec. vote could have a week for submissions, and then a day or two for voting. Model submissions could go a couple weeks, and then voting would open for a couple days.

We could also have non-standard ship designs if we wanted, such as private or government ships instead of just military.
          sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Due to back pains, computer time has been limited. Did I miss anything? (I guess I have)

Just a few things, before specs start, What different tech can we use?
            Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
            sigpic

Comment

Well, David had a basic list a couple pages back. However, the Stargate universe has many random bits of technology that have been mentioned or shown off-hand, so if you can think of a plausible way to use them then go ahead!

The only stuff that's strictly off-limits would be the Asgard Core tech and Alteran/Ori/Wraith level tech. All the other stuff (such as Hebridian tech) should be open territory.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                Well, David had a basic list a couple pages back. However, the Stargate universe has many random bits of technology that have been mentioned or shown off-hand, so if you can think of a plausible way to use them then go ahead!

The only stuff that's strictly off-limits would be the Asgard Core tech and Alteran/Ori/Wraith level tech. All the other stuff (such as Hebridian tech) should be open territory.
                I think I will wait for you to work out the right specs before finishing my own.

I talked earlier about the Clava Infinite Thesaurus (or something like that) that was being researched by Qetesh. Is it possible to retconned it with SG Universe as the Ancient version of Internet?

It may still contains partial informations about their ubertech and knowledge but what makes it interesting is the ability to communicate instantanely over the galaxy. Could be interesting for wannabe pangalactic races like the LA or Aschen.
                La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
                L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Agreed with everything
                  Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                  A Face you Can Trust
                  sigpic
                  So whats the worst that could happen?
                  Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                  It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Seeing as everyone is ready to go, shall we begin the voting process for the fleet ships? I think the voting order should be as follows:

- Fighter Model

- Gunship model

- Battleship model

- Cruiser model

5. Drop-ship specifications
                    - Drop-ship model

6. Cargo ship specifications
                    - Cargo ship model

Each spec. vote could have a week for submissions, and then a day or two for voting. Model submissions could go a couple weeks, and then voting would open for a couple days.

We could also have non-standard ship designs if we wanted, such as private or government ships instead of just military.
                    Are these ship classes the ones we are going to start off with, or will we be using them throughout the fleet? Because as new threats arise then we need to bring in new types of wepaons sytems ect.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Typically ships (and threads) last for one arc. Then we start the next arc by voting on new ships (there are usually a few years between arcs). In each new arc, the earlier ships are, of course, still available, but they aren't top-notch any more.
                      sigpic

Comment

i have been away for a week can anyone give me the important stuff in brief as a am tired and don’t want to read 10 pages of stuff

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...1#post11617114
                          I've added some more ship details, corrected some stuff and added some system descriptions.

Comment

Killman, for the umpteenth time, achieving orbit is a cakewalk with inertial dampeners, you can't compare the space shuttle with a 302. But you guys are totally right on the expensive electronics part. The question is, how would things like nano-fabrication impact these costs?
                            yes but our inertial dampeners aren't perfect, nor are they perfect god machines. a 302 can get itself to orbit, yes, but it requires the big booster on the back to do it. which is akin to taking a fighterjet, getting it as high as possible and then initiating a thrust rocket from a spaceshuttle that's mounted on the back. except it's far more high tech than that.

also the space shuttle comment was to show how -almost ridiculously- high-tech our current fighters are.

also i doubt a duct fan can get you high enough to initiate ion engines. especially since those need a vacuum to work in.

- Fighter Model

- Gunship model

- Battleship model

- Cruiser model

5. Cargo ship specifications (industrial ship)
                            - Cargo ship model
                            gunship with dropship capability is better.

i highly reccomend a lot of freedom in terms of civilian/industrial ships. (at a reasonable tech level)

even nanofabrication would not make the costs 5million
                            actually according to him the basic frame costs that much. so the other 1.995 billion is gonna be spent on engines, weapons, electronics and the whole shebang

as to ship voting and making this a true fleet:

what we need additionally:

-Lucian Alliance Fightercraft (they surely aren't suicidal enough to use death gliders)
                            -Lucian Alliance Cruiser (preferably using systems scavenged from Al'kesh) (some 300-400 meters in lenght)
                            -Lucian Alliance Base Ship (700-800 meter large capital ship, designed for long-term survival, self-sufficient and capable of wreaking havoc.)

-Hebridan Warship: (approx. 150 meters in lenght)(designed to act in packs or enforce hebridan power everywhere)
                            -Hebridan Battleship (approx. 200-300 meters) (the Hebridan version of our BC-304)

-Tok'ra Mothership (400 meters in lenght)

-Jaffa Fighter
                            -Jaffa Gunship
                            -Jaffa Battleship
                            -Jaffa Cruiser

-Aschen Gunship
                            -Aschen Gunboat
                            -Aschen Destroyer
                            -Aschen Cruiser
                            -Aschen Battlecruiser
                            -Aschen Hypercarrier
                            -Aschen Hypercatapult.

-Shrin'yar?
                            Last edited by thekillman; 20 June 2010, 08:54 AM.

Comment

David, Kt/s/m^2 for hull defence? how the ###? the only realistic measure is Kt/m^2. per second is impossible.

Comment

I forgot to remove it!

Comment

Working...
                                X