Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they're all too great to single out just one.
    Rocky

Comment

I've only seen the first two seasons in their entirety. Of all the others, I've only seen a few episodes, so I'd have to go with season 2, though season 4 looks good.
      Tripudire est irritus
      Jumping is useless

Nu ani Lunatas
      We are the Mooninites

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
        ... S1 would be my favourite because I loved the original movie and when I heard it was being turned into a TV series I was thrilled. I had really high expectations and the first season easily met all of those and from then on I was hooked.
        I found that very interesting because I also loved the movie. So much that when I saw the first episode of the series I flat out didn't like it mainly because I felt it strayed to far from the movie's concept. It wasn't until a couple of years later that I finally gave the series a fair shot and became hooked.

As far fav' season, I'll go with S4 for WoO if nothing else.

Comment

Season 3 had the most episodes I loved, but 4 is close behind.

Comment

I voted for season 3 but honestly I have a hard time making up my mind between seasons 3-5, they where all very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
              I voted for season 3 but honestly I have a hard time making up my mind between seasons 3-5, they where all very good.
              All the ep/seasons are great in their own way. They offer continuity and allow for different branches of creativity. It's been awhile, but I'd say the season that introduced us to Anubis was a better then average one.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

I think in Season 3 they started to hit the mark more consistently. I'm not sure if I had started with the show in season 1 or 2 that I'd have loved it that much.

Comment

Season 2, for all of the reasons listed above.
                  • The NID hadn't morphed into an overwrought government conspiracy yet.
                  • The Tok'ra and Asgard were brilliantly teased and then slowly revealed through tidbits over the course of several episodes.
                  • Apophis was killed twice and still remained a credible threat without slipping into supervillian cliché.
                  • Ma'chello!
                  • The overhanging Sha're and Skaara story arcs are coaxed along without suffering from overexposure.
                  • Time warping episodes like A Matter of Time and 1969 are actually thought out a bit so that they make sense.
                  • The Gamekeeper is my favorite episode ever of SG-1 so it's fitting that it would be contained in my favorite season.
                  • Even the few boring or ill-conceived episodes have their moments and aren't patently offensive.
                  • After watching Seasons 1 and 2 straight through, in order, I was hooked on Stargate forever.
                  END OF LINE

Comment

I went for season 2.
                    I'd tried watching a couple of episodes of season 1 and didn't really get into them. Then I watched "A Matter Of Time" by accident, and I got hooked. Some excellent episodes, and the characters were better defined and more developed.
                    sigpic

Comment

I voted for S6 because I enjoy Jonas Quinn and he tries so hard to be accepted as a member of the team.

Darren, David, shouldn't this poll be in General Discussion since it contains all of the seasons?

Comment

Went with S4. It just seemed to me that in season 4 everyone had found a comfortable rhythm and the episodes reflect that. And by everyone, I don't just mean the actors. I also mean the writers, directors, etc. There is an "effortless" feel to S4 for me that makes it fun to watch.

-tera'ngan
                        nuqDaq yuch Dapol

Comment

I cant decide between 3rd and 4rd season because they are the best season, but I think I like 3rd little more.
                          Dogs are my favorite people.
                          If they don't have chocolate in heaven, I ain't going.

Comment

This is a hard one. Let me think...

Ok, season 6 has to be a favourite because it's the season I first started watching.

Then there's season 3 which has my favourite episode, Urgo, and also because the characters all seemed to be more established and comfortable.

Season 2 is also a favourite because there are so many great episodes, and I love season 4 which explores so many different scenarios and lets the characters really get to grips with what they're doing.

I love season 1 as that introduces everyone and season 5 looks a bit deeper into what is going on and is more challenging for the characters. I love season 7, but I won't say too much about that as I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

What can I say? I just love Stargate, regardless of who's in it or not and even the episodes I don't particularly enjoy first time, I find I can watch over and over and over and over...

Comment

Okay, I’ve finally decided to pick one. It was a battle between Season 3 and 4 for me, but 4 finally won out.

It had Window of Opportunity, one of my favorite episodes of the series. It had interesting and thought provoking moral conflicts. (The Other Side and Scorched Earth. Though I think they pulled a copout on SE. I would have preferred the other ending.) It had evil Danny. (Absolute Power which I thought was a fitting ending to that story arc.) Some of my all-time favorite Daniel dialogue. (Watergate) “So they occasionally catch fire but they keep perfect time?” and “But it’s Swiss.” And the episode was good. Loved Upgrades for the humor. Had a great season premier (Small Victories) and finale (Exodus). Love the Replicators. Season 3’s opener is probably my least favorite of the series. I’m pretty sure Out of Mind/Into the Fire is my least favorite season ender/opener. Some good Jack/Maybourne/Kinsey stuff in Chain Reaction. I like the introduction of Osiris as a new Goa’uld. (The Curse) The First Ones has grown on me. I’m still not a card carrying Unas fan, but it had great Daniel in his element thing, but poor Rothman. 2010 because the whole possible future/time traveling stuff is interesting.

I could probably say something good about every episode of SG-1, but I could say a lot of good stuff for most of the episodes of this season. I won’t say there are any bad episodes in season 4. *cough* Emancipation. Season 3 did have Demons. Even though Crossroads, Prodigy, and Entity were good eps., I don’t make any special point to watch them again when they air. They can keep/burn/use as target practice Divide and Conquer for the can of worms they opened up and because they killed Martouf, but I didn’t always have such distaste for the episode.

But dang, Season 3 had great episodes – Forever in a Day, Crystal Skull, Nemesis, Foothold, Urgo, Fair Game, Learning Curve, etc. but 4 has more episodes that I consistently like to watch more often.
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

So far, I've seen Seasons 1-6 as well as the beginning of Seasons 7 & 8. I'd prefer to vote my favorite season in terms of complete seasons, thus I'll choose from 1-6. Favorite season, eh? Hmm... It's either 4, 5, or 6. Not sure...

Comment

Working...
                                X