This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
    (Well some of us would, if we could get rid of the incoming trash)
    ?
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
      Well you still sound trigger happy, you must be a yank, I think we can slove the problem without resorting to mass murder. Humanity is not a forest fire that can be controlled with a controlled fire.
      Really its either sterility or mass murder. Dont know what other option there could be. People arent gonna just suddenly stop reproducing of their own free will till we settle down to a sustainable population.

Or we could just wait till we run out of food (or corpses for cannibalizm)

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
        ?
        They politely call them refugees, but in truth all they are, are leeches, who come to countries like Australia, bludge off welfare for as long as they can and offer nothing in return for us sheltering them. There are some good ones, but very few.

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
        Really its either sterility or mass murder. Dont know what other option there could be. People arent gonna just suddenly stop reproducing of their own free will till we settle down to a sustainable population.

Or we could just wait till we run out of food (or corpses for cannibalizm)
        We have already surpassed that point, from here on it's only down for everyone. Social decay, overcrowded cities, more crime, resources dwindling, food shortages even in wealthy countries.......chaos ensures.
        My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
        sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

They politely call them refugees, but in truth all they are, are leeches, who come to countries like Australia, bludge off welfare for as long as they can and offer nothing in return for us sheltering them. There are some good ones, but very few.

We have already surpassed that point, from here on it's only down for everyone. Social decay, overcrowded cities, more crime, resources dwindling, food shortages even in wealthy countries.......chaos ensures.
          The war turns to desperation and people start shooting off nukes and suddenly 99% of the population is gone and the 1% of survivors have eons of being hunter/gatherers to look forward to. I kinda wonder how many times this has happened before and what cruel gods think this is funny?

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
            The war turns to desperation and people start shooting off nukes and suddenly 99% of the population is gone and the 1% of survivors have eons of being hunter/gatherers to look forward to. I kinda wonder how many times this has happened before and what cruel gods think this is funny?
            It makes you wonder, in BSG, they say their history has repeated itself over and over. Ours has as well to an extent, but we never learn.

Comment

Christ on a bike that's bloody offensive. I'm not sure my grandparents as refugees fleeing Nazi oppression would like to be called leeches because they wanted asylum in a country to be safe. Simply stereotyping refugees as trash is just so short sighted, yes refugee populations often suffer from crime, but that's a social problem that always effect the poorest sections of society, be they immigrants or not. So unless you're willing to label everyone who happens to be poor trash I don't know what you're on about. And don't give me the "things were different back then" crap, the countries these people are trying to escape from are hell on earth and all I can say is that as a proud descendant of refugees I'm glad my grandparents fled to a country like Great Britain where they could become part of the society without prejudice, unlike certain other countries I could name.

As for the actual topic of the thread, which was last I checked "Were the Aschen right," and not "come and air your unpleasant views on refugees" then no, seeing as how the Aschen's plan was to sterilise most of the world's population and let us all die out I don't see that as a particularly good thing for humanity.

Comment

As I said explicitly, some are good. But our experience here of late is that our stupid Government is not screening the intake very well. My grandparents were also refugees of sorts, fleeing Nazi Germany before WW2, so I can speak from experince. The people who are coming to Australia will not contribute to the nation at least until the 2nd generation, in the meantime we're suffering from an overburdened welfare system when we have Australian born lacking the basic services. That is a problem of uncontrolled migration, of the kind we're being subjected to now. Aside from a multitude of other problems they cause.

The point of the thread was not so much as to the Aschen's proposed tacticts, but merely the statement, that isn't 6 billion (and growing rapidly) unsustainable, my answer is simply, that I agree on that point. No we cannot sustain that kind of growth.

Comment

As I said explicitly, some are good. But our experience here of late is that our stupid Government is not screening the intake very well. My grandparents were also refugees of sorts, fleeing Nazi Germany before WW2, so I can speak from experince. The people who are coming to Australia will not contribute to the nation at least until the 2nd generation, in the meantime we're suffering from an overburdened welfare system when we have Australian born lacking the basic services. That is a problem of uncontrolled migration, of the kind we're being subjected to now. Aside from a multitude of other problems they cause.
                  No you only said a few and damned the majority. I come from a country which has benefited and thrived from an open and free migration policy and aside from the odd Daily Mail reader getting their panties in a twist, we manage just fine. Social problems affect the poorest which often happens to consist of refugees and immigrants, but to damn them all and label them trash is wrong. America and Britain both have had large immigrant populations over the course of our histories and we seem to manage fine.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                    No you only said a few and damned the majority. I come from a country which has benefited and thrived from an open and free migration policy and aside from the odd Daily Mail reader getting their panties in a twist, we manage just fine. Social problems affect the poorest which often happens to consist of refugees and immigrants, but to damn them all and label them trash is wrong. America and Britain both have had large immigrant populations over the course of our histories and we seem to manage fine.
                    M6 I did not label them ALL. I specifically stated SOME WERE GOOD. And I agree in the main about what you said about the benefit migration has given the US, Britain and Australia as well. My point and I state again, there is a large influx of migrants HERE, that
                    A/ Will not intergrate with the society at large
                    B/ Have become involvled heavily in the drug and crime scene here.
                    C/ Want their own closeted communties
                    D/ Are creating ghettos' filled with their own peopled and drive the older established citizens out
                    E/ Have no interest in this country whatsoever, to the point of condemning and ridiculing our service people fighting overseas
                    F/ Have began a process of indoctination and anti-Australian hate in their youth.

And that is only one segment of the migrants, I could state more, but it would take pages and I won't bore you with it. Suffice to say, as a small (population) country, it is difficult for us to cope.

Comment

M6 I did not label them ALL. I specifically stated SOME WERE GOOD. And I agree in the main about what you said about the benefit migration has given the US, Britain and Australia as well. My point and I state again, there is a large influx of migrants HERE, that
                      D/ Are creating ghettos' filled with their own peopled and drive the older established citizens out
                      E/ Have no interest in this country whatsoever, to the point of condemning and ridiculing our service people fighting overseas
                      F/ Have began a process of indoctination and anti-Australian hate in their youth.

And that is only one segment of the migrants, I could state more, but it would take pages and I won't bore you with it. Suffice to say, as a small (population) country, it is difficult for us to cope.
                      Frankly I don’t care if you want to discriminate against one group of refugees, problems with crimes and integrating migrant communities are common and the rest of us manage to get by fine. None of the problems you mention are exclusive to Australia and any country with migration has experienced them. Australia has, in the UK, a reputation for being racist and I’m afraid to say that you’ve done nothing but reinforce the stereotype. If you want to hold your abhorrent little world view, fine you do that, but I’m done talking with you and will have nothing further to do with you. I don’t even know why a thread concerning global population should even cross into the topic of refugees and migration, the question of whether the earth can sustain the population at its current rate of growth is a global issue and has little if anything to do with the topic of refugees and the migration of people across artifical borders.

Comment

Firstly Australia is not a racist nation, yes just like the UK we have a small minority of people that have those tendercies, and I am not one of them. Most of my friends and even some of my family are from migrant backgrounds, my eldest daughter is engaged to an American Chinese.

Secondly my statements in no way reflect a negative view on migrants in general, if I'm singling out a small proportion of recent migrants, it's with good cause. Without naming the source of where they are coming from, but this particular group has caused nothing but upheavel here for the last ten years or so, and it's getting worse, I ask how does a small nation cope with that. In Europe they are absorbed into the greater community, but here we are isolated from the rest of the world, and this group is well aware of that, and are truly more racist than you can believe.

Thirdly, migration has everything to do with population sustainability. In the past with small and natural growth, any country, large or small can absorb reasonable numbers of migrants and grow in a moderate and well planned way. But now, with third world countires supplying the bulk of migrants worldwide, simply because their countires of origin have little or no control over population growth, their sheer numbers are overbalancing the natural progression of social, politcal and economic harmony. If this trend continues, even countries like Australia and Canada who in the past have supplied a vast amount of food to the third world, will not be able to continue doing so, due to the fact that prime farming land, is also prime real estate for cities to spread.

Comment

Wait a minute, doesn't your government want MORE immigrants or are you 'concerned' about immigration from less 'desirable' countries.

Christ on a bike that's bloody offensive. I'm not sure my grandparents as refugees fleeing Nazi oppression would like to be called leeches because they wanted asylum in a country to be safe. Simply stereotyping refugees as trash is just so short sighted, yes refugee populations often suffer from crime, but that's a social problem that always effect the poorest sections of society, be they immigrants or not. So unless you're willing to label everyone who happens to be poor trash I don't know what you're on about. And don't give me the "things were different back then" crap, the countries these people are trying to escape from are hell on earth and all I can say is that as a proud descendant of refugees I'm glad my grandparents fled to a country like Great Britain where they could become part of the society without prejudice, unlike certain other countries I could name.

As for the actual topic of the thread, which was last I checked "Were the Aschen right," and not "come and air your unpleasant views on refugees" then no, seeing as how the Aschen's plan was to sterilise most of the world's population and let us all die out I don't see that as a particularly good thing for humanity.
                          Well I don't know about that, without prejudice is bit too far as in britain we are not above that. I mean c'mon you can't be that naive especially in britain, with the BNP having two MEP's in Europe.

The point of the thread was not so much as to the Aschen's proposed tacticts, but merely the statement, that isn't 6 billion (and growing rapidly) unsustainable, my answer is simply, that I agree on that point. No we cannot sustain that kind of growth.
                          What has immigration got to do with worldwide population increase, you seem to make sweeping generalisations about immigrants how do you know they won't 'contribute to the nation at least until the 2nd generation' do you know every iimmigrant in Australia.

You seem think there's no problem with immigration in the UK. Well I think you'll find there is I mean we have open door policy and don't count the number emmigrants leaving the UK. It can't go on like this, oh c'mon in but then house them with there own and don't make them feel part of the country, in the US people are made proud to be American and to call themselves American. With the Muslim population part problem lies with lack of regulation of mosques to ensure that fundamentalist veiws are not shared with young muslims, like they do in America. Ever wonderd why theres not as many homegrown muslim terroists in the US compared to over here.

Yes some of your points are valid and do exist here in the UK too, but how much of that is governments fault aswell. With your ghettos points I agree but that needs be solved through better integration not condemnation of immigration as a whole.

Frankly I don’t care if you want to discriminate against one group of refugees, problems with crimes and integrating migrant communities are common and the rest of us manage to get by fine. None of the problems you mention are exclusive to Australia and any country with migration has experienced them. Australia has, in the UK, a reputation for being racist and I’m afraid to say that you’ve done nothing but reinforce the stereotype. If you want to hold your abhorrent little world view, fine you do that, but I’m done talking with you and will have nothing further to do with you. I don’t even know why a thread concerning global population should even cross into the topic of refugees and migration, the question of whether the earth can sustain the population at its current rate of growth is a global issue and has little if anything to do with the topic of refugees and the migration of people across artifical borders.
                          What? I have never heard that before are you sure you live in Britain, I know loads of people who would be seen as racist, so don't make out we don't have any racists because where I'm from there is a sizable amount of people that do.

Firstly Australia is not a racist nation, yes just like the UK we have a small minority of people that have those tendercies, and I am not one of them. Most of my friends and even some of my family are from migrant backgrounds, my eldest daughter is engaged to an American Chinese.

Secondly my statements in no way reflect a negative view on migrants in general, if I'm singling out a small proportion of recent migrants, it's with good cause. Without naming the source of where they are coming from, but this particular group has caused nothing but upheavel here for the last ten years or so, and it's getting worse, I ask how does a small nation cope with that. In Europe they are absorbed into the greater community, but here we are isolated from the rest of the world, and this group is well aware of that, and are truly more racist than you can believe.

Thirdly, migration has everything to do with population sustainability. In the past with small and natural growth, any country, large or small can absorb reasonable numbers of migrants and grow in a moderate and well planned way. But now, with third world countires supplying the bulk of migrants worldwide, simply because their countires of origin have little or no control over population growth, their sheer numbers are overbalancing the natural progression of social, politcal and economic harmony. If this trend continues, even countries like Australia and Canada who in the past have supplied a vast amount of food to the third world, will not be able to continue doing so, due to the fact that prime farming land, is also prime real estate for cities to spread.
                          Well, I think you might be over exaggerating about immigration c'mon you only have 21,374,000 people and we have 61,399,118 and we aren't overcrowded yet your country is 31.49 times bigger than the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                            Reveal the sg program and allow people to move into the galaxy. With the understanding that you follow the rules of that planet assuming it's populated
                            I totally agree with you
                            sigpic
                            Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
                              Wait a minute, doesn't your government want MORE immigrants or are you 'concerned' about immigration from less 'desirable' countries.

What has immigration got to do with worldwide population increase, you seem to make sweeping generalisations about immigrants how do you know they won't 'contribute to the nation at least until the 2nd generation' do you know every iimmigrant in Australia.
                              The government does, the people don't, they are in fact pushing there own agenda and that of the business world. More people, more taxes, more people more goods go out the shop doors. It might serve a purpose in the short term, but in the end a society collapses inwardly with over crowding.

You seem think there's no problem with immigration in the UK. Well I think you'll find there is I mean we have open door policy and don't count the number emmigrants leaving the UK. It can't go on like this, oh c'mon in but then house them with there own and don't make them feel part of the country, in the US people are made proud to be American and to call themselves American. With the Muslim population part problem lies with lack of regulation of mosques to ensure that fundamentalist veiws are not shared with young muslims, like they do in America. Ever wonderd why theres not as many homegrown muslim terroists in the US compared to over here.
                              That is something that should be mandatory, but here we have this multicultural policy, that only divides a community.

Well, I think you might be over exaggerating about immigration c'mon you only have 21,374,000 people and we have 61,399,118 and we aren't overcrowded yet your country is 31.49 times bigger than the UK.
                              Though this is true, only about one third of Australia is really habital, and of this a vast portion is needed for farming, plus water is a major issue for us, Sydney's water supply is currently at about 50% percent capacity even though we've had record rain falls this season. The only reason for this is the increased demand by a rapidly growing population, Australia in fact has the fastest growth rate in the Western world atm.

So in a word, yes the Aschen were right, the world cannot sustain these numbers

Comment

Originally posted by maylet View Post
                                I totally agree with you
                                I agree with you agreeing

Comment

Working...
                                X