• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tanie View Post
    stop having s*x
    Erm, "sex" you mean? Go on, say it...
    Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

I know we shouldn't touch the religion thing here...

BUT... it does piss me off to see obviously-devout folk here with 5 kids in tow and another in the over. "Gift from God"? More like "financial and political benefit to the church".

</moan>
      Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

There was an interesting documentry about population on BBC: Horizion with David Attenborough called How Many People Can Live on Planet Earth? Heres a link on iPlayer http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00pdjmk

One point was in India population is on the increase but in one province education for girls is complusory meaning they are less likely to have children as early as they normally would meaning they have less children overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
          Erm, "sex" you mean? Go on, say it...
          I would have, but I was unsure as to whether I'd be modded for it Alrighty then.... sex, sex, sex, sex, SEX!!!!

Comment

No they weren't.

Reality. The earth is more then capable of supporting more then the current earths population. Anything else you've heard is paranoid delusions spouted by hippy alarmists.

Comment

Originally posted by skarwolf View Post
              Reality. The earth is more then capable of supporting more then the current earths population. Anything else you've heard is paranoid delusions spouted by hippy alarmists.
              A cogent, logical, and well-explained argument. *snort*

/not agreeing or disagreeing with the quoted poster, just dismissing kneejerk answers
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Why doesn't the rest of Australia's population move to the Outback? There seems to be room there.
                But seriously just stop making these:

And you will stop having fornication problems.

This also might be part of the issue:

Hell if you combine the two you have a guaranteed recipe for babies.
                Last edited by Coela Bellatore; 12 February 2010, 10:34 PM.
                sigpic
                In Islamofascist Afghanistan, pain experiences you!
                "The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get." ~ AFSOC MOUT Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by Coela Bellatore View Post
                  Why doesn't the rest of Australia's population move to the Outback? There seems to be room there.

The English sure transported some good looking convicts.

Back on topic... If I can look at a different angle... Were the Aschen right to interfere with the reproductivity of another race? Excluding their aim of conquest, would it have been right for an advanced race [Asgard, Tollan, whoever] to come and forcibly curtail our ability to reproduce whether it's good for us or not?
                  Nirti was appalled that the Tau'ri had been 'allowed to breed to such numbers'. The Goa'uld had human birth control down pat.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Coela Bellatore View Post
                    http://nextround.net/wp-content/uplo...10/yvonne1.jpg

This also might be part of the issue:http://casinader.files.wordpress.com...ters-lager.jpg

Hell if you combine the two you have a guaranteed recipe for babies.
                    I don't know about the other (straight) guys on GW, but I know I certainly wouldn't need beer in order to get frisky with Strahotski there
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      I don't know about the other (straight) guys on GW, but I know I certainly wouldn't need beer in order to get frisky with Strahotski there
                      The Fosters was more for her. No offense intended, she'd need at least a six pack in her before she gave me a second look. Though if I had my dress uniform on it might be a different story, girls see all those shiny medals and go a little crazy...
                      sigpic
                      "The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get." ~ AFSOC MOUT Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                        You must have an IQ of 100 or over and pass the parenting SATs to begin attempting to reproduce.

I'll try and find the studies, but smart people have less kids because they know the consequences [read: they know better and can do better], and they also have usually more resources [read: money] so they don't need 12 kids to do farm labour or start a sports team or get child support checks.

Wow. I sound Republican. *shudder*
                        That is definitely a good start, it is blatantly obvious even here that the poor less educated you are, the more kids you have. Of course that does not apply to people of certain religous persuasions, they just breed so they end up controlling your country in time, with a higher number of their own. It will happen in Europe very soon.

Originally posted by Mike. View Post
                        In the SG world this won't be a problem, not for a long, long, long while. (see The Last Question by Isaac Asimov) Thanks to the Stargate we could easily colonize other planets, and using the advanced technology we got from the other races we'd have no problem supporting huge cities and the even larger population. Naquadah and naquadria generators for a practically limitless supply of power, throw in a couple of ZPMs for good measure. In Unending, Carter perfected the replicator (mater-energy conversion) using the Asgard tech. Hello Star Trek utopia.

Yes but technology does not solve the social issues of overcrowding, and even if it were possible, history has proven that only the already advanced countiries benefit from major advancements, the third world are ignored as they have nothing to offer or contribute.
                        Real world overpopulation ? I'm not opening that can of worms.
                        Originally posted by skarwolf View Post
                        No they weren't.

The Earth IS NOT capable of sustaining a higher population. Even now at just over 6 billion we are seeing the consequences, countries like Australia, with the bleeding heart sector currently ruling policy, sees 400,000 migrants come here each year. Coupled with our own natural population growth and soon as the article says, we will be a food importer rather than supplier. Water resources are limited worldwide, and that is stretched thin in so many countries. So even with say Naquada generators, how would that solve the other issues. And finally, who would want to live in a world of 9 billion? Living with 6 billion is hard enough
                        Last edited by puddlejumperOZ; 14 February 2010, 11:52 AM.
                        My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                        sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

How would you resolve the population issue with available technology?

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                            How would you resolve the population issue with available technology?
                            Yes I can't imagine Colorado Mountain turning into a immigration centre and start processing a third of the worlds population (based on estimates that ideal medium population of the world is around 4.2 billion)
                            My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                            sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

I like how you totally bypassed the real issue in this thread! Some nice tactical avoidance there.
                              sigpic

Comment

If you watch the programme I previously posted, its really informitive but as its from the UK I don't know if people in other countries are able to watch it or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X