This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anubis3355
    Somebody please tell me why the Asgard didnt destroy the planet right after they trapped all the replicators on it................why god why..??
    well assuming they have an energy weapon capable of destroying a planet and the replicators didnt absorb said energy there is still the fact that it would take a very very very long time to reach the planet. the time bubble expands something like 1.5 light years

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
      well assuming they have an energy weapon capable of destroying a planet and the replicators didnt absorb said energy there is still the fact that it would take a very very very long time to reach the planet. the time bubble expands something like 1.5 light years
      .16 actually But Sam must have contracted it to allow the Prometheus to escape.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
        details details.....

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
          i like the idea that the Nox were once a great race like the asgard and were great warriors but something catostrophic happened that made them all change their philosophy. TPTB really need to revist them this season

I'd like them to find closure with all of it: the Nox, the Tok'ra, the rebel Jaffa (both male and female), the Asguard, the Replicators, and the Alternate Universes - even the Unas (and I hate the Unas!). However, if they haven't already gotten the storylines in order by now, doesn't that mean that it won't be addressed in the proper manner?

Comment

I Would like to see the asgard and the replicators be combined. The asgard can 'download' thier 'soul' into new bodies so why not use the replicators 'bodies' as thier new ones instead of clones? I know this would require them to beat the replicators, or at least copy them.

I'm not here man
            Hello it was me

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
              Or the combined time gain whilst in the 'faster moving time stream' planet was greater than the time lost when escaping from the 'slower moving time stream', therefore they didn't avoid getting caught in the bubble but they also didn't lose too much time within it

Or, 5th totally altered the device, or made it wrong. Gawd knows

The Asgard seem to know theyre defeated. The rise of Anubis could not have come at a worse time, I feel at his full strength he could have beaten them, or at least significantly damaged them. Bye bye lil grey men

Comment

Still wondering about good ol' Fifth and First. Pretty sure one of them will break the bubble eventually.
                The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

So long as I see more asgard this season I'll be happy =)
                  sigpic

Comment

Those guys are going to be back in New Order.

Which means S8's gonna hit the ground running.
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
                      Those guys are going to be back in New Order.

Which means S8's gonna hit the ground running.
                      Hit the ground running? You kidding?!

****** Possible spoilers for those who read ahead******

They have the replicators, the Goa'Ould getting butt kicked, Jack + rest of team, the new Dr.Wier (which can or cannot be a good thing, I hope it's a good thing cuz we're stuck with her for all of Atlantis), the super-soldiers *I think* and hopefully Thor.

So yup... They are sure as hell hitting the ground running Xd
                      sigpic
                      In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

What is TPTB or w\e?!

SPOILER?!?!
                        -Highlight to view.

Also, I thought the replicators somehow escaped the time dilation device?! Or is that just a rumor!?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

TPTB means The Powers That Be, meaning the writers, producers, etc.
                          Spoilers for Season 8
                          -
                          -
                          -
                          -
                          -
                          -
                          -
                          -
                          -
                          -
                          -
                          -
                          -
                          -
                          -
                          -
                          -
                          -
                          -
                          -
                          -
                          -
                          -
                          -
                          yes the replicators escape the time dillation device

Comment

Id like to see the Asgard getting whooped up on, and the the Furlings and Nox come in and save their little grey buts. And then invite Earth into a new alliancecuz we have 'great potential'.
                            "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'."

Comment

Originally posted by Taonas
                              Well, I think that TPTB should explore the ancient alliance... I mean ever since I watched "Torment of Tantalus", I've been craving for 2 questions answered:
                              1. Who the heck are the Furlings?
                              2. What did each race contribute to the Alliance, why was it formed?

We know that the Ancients built the stargates and the rings... But, what did the other three build?
                              I couldnt have said it better myself. I am beginning to wonder if they will ever shine light on the Furlings. They have only been mentioned in 2 episodes. I think I speak for everyone when I say:

1. I want to see what happened to the alliance.
                              2. I want to see Who the heck the Furlings are and what roll they play in the alliance.
                              3. When are the Nox going to come down from their high cloud and help there lil grey buddies before they are wiped out.

Then again the nox did just stand by while the Tollan were wiped out. Which brings to mind another question.. Are the Tollan completely wiped out? Or will they come to us for aid in season 8?

I was thinking that perhaps the giant race Nicholas Ballard stayed with on the ancient planet with the huge pyrimid might possibly be the Furlings??? Not likely. Then again, these are ALL QUESTIONS LEFT UNANSWERED.

Perhaps season 8 will not be the last season, they certainly have enough unfinished storylines to write another 3 seasons or so
                              Last edited by Jag; 11 July 2005, 12:02 PM.

Comment

OK I'll be honest i was too lazy to read the rest of the thread but I have to ask a stupid question.

Why don't they just blow up the sun in the solar system that the replicators are stuck in? Worked to get rid of Aphophis' fleet when he came after the Tok'ra, i'm sure it could take out a couple billion replicators too or at least melt them down quite nicely.

It would be a hell of a short episode tho.

Comment

Working...
                                X