This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joshing123
    I've checked for criminal records on a public web site (found one once), but given that she's an AF officer, she can't be a felon. And why would he think the FBI had information on her anyway? Even if she was doing something wrong, the AF would probably be investigating. If not, well then (and I just can't say this enough), he needs to understand that if she's not talking it's because military work is often classified! That he can't accept that is just..... ahhhhh.
    Well, maybe Sam should have mentioned the word 'classified' instead of piquing his curiosity with comments about all her dead boy-friends. He's a policeman, it's his job to investigate when he gets suspicious.

Ali P

Comment

Originally posted by Ali888
      Well, maybe Sam should have mentioned the word 'classified' instead of piquing his curiosity with comments about all her dead boy-friends. He's a policeman, it's his job to investigate when he gets suspicious.

Ali P

I'm sure at some point probably earlier in their relationship it came up (what do you do is first date kind of stuff) .. and if she didn't specifically say classified she would have used their standby of telescopes or whatever that was. Why would he care past that? And she never said her dead boyfriends were related to her job that we heard and the FBI wouldn't be investigating her if she was a non-work related black widow - the cops would. But he was pissy about her job, not her boyfriends.

I would think most people realize that military people don't always talk about what they do & he as a cop (whose wife divorced him for it) should understand that possibility. His job is to investigate suspected criminals not AF officers that he's screwing who have given no indication that they've done anything wrong. Simple curiosity is not an excuse for his behavior. It's totally a control thing on his part.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        Just a thought, but seeing as Mark -Sam's bro- doesn't like the military, and prob told PS about Sam's and their dad's secrecy... I wonder if Mark influenced PS to find stuff out about her? Or more apt, influence PS to 'want' to find out Sam's secrets.

Sally

Good point. Even if he didn't actually say check it out for me he probably said enough to get him curious... they're in the AF, but won't talk about it, gone all the time etc. But that still doesn't excuse the behavior.
        Gee, given what we know about him & his friends, Mark's not looking too good.

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
          and she IS a very, very smart woman...

Even smart women do stupid things when it comes to the heart.

Comment

It's no wonder Pete needed setting up on a date in the first place; he obviously has no respect for women, and cant trust a word anyone says! I mean come on, if someone tells you something and then tells you to drop it the you don't go doing background checks on them. He obviously doesnt understand the meaning of the word clas-si-fied.
            But at least we know that if he hurts Sam at all, our favourite Colonel will be on his a** quicker than you can say "Thor, Buddy!"

Comment

I agree with you 100% and if you are interested I have made a few posts in the last few days over at the Stargate News thread under "As The Stargate Turns" thread which address some of these very issues but I don't want to crowd the threads with repetitve posts.

Comment

Here's my question: If Sam doesn't know that Pete had her checked out, why wasn't a red flag thrown over at the Pentagon? Or or they going with the assumption that agencies don't share information?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ali888

Ali P
                  so that makes everything he did ok!

(too sarcastic?)

Comment

No future relationship should have a foundation of mistrust and secrecy (in the case of Pete, obviously Sam's duty is to maintain that secrecy). Thus it's doomed already. Sam deserves someone who knows what she encounters every day she steps through that gate. She needs someone she can trust with her life...not that I really have anyone in mind for her or anything.
                    "Woo-hoo! Sorry, I got caught up in Teal'c's enthusiasm."--Jack, "Tangent"

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                      so that makes everything he did ok!

(too sarcastic?)
                      Er, actually, it does. According to TPTB it does - that is what they intended for it to be. Hmmmm I guess posting in support of Pete in an Against Pete thread is technically going off topic...I'll get my coat.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ah, yes- the Pete factor. Yet another reason I kick myself that I joined Stargate midway through Season 7.
                        "You're creepin' me out, Mc Kay." Carter

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                          Er, actually, it does. According to TPTB it does - that is what they intended for it to be. Hmmmm I guess posting in support of Pete in an Against Pete thread is technically going off topic...I'll get my coat.
                          Well I don't give a monkey's ar$e what the PTB say. This storyline sucked. So much so, I'm carefully reading the spoilers so I can (a) miss any part of this sucky storyline and (b) only watch the episodes with a heavy Jack focus. Jack's the reason why I watch Stargate - not badly written storylines.

In any case, if it were Sam's comments about "dead boyfriends" that aroused his suspicions then it makes Sam's character look worse than bad. Rather than scotch the whole discussion with "It's classified", she prefers to play games with her men. Couple that with her moony eyes at Jack.. I'm afraid I've lost any respect for her character at all. Write you way out of that one!

Shipper pals, which eps should I miss then? And if Jack and Pit are in one episode please tell me the exact minute the git comes on the screen and leaves it.
                          Last edited by astronomicalchick; 02 July 2004, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Well I watch Stargate because I like the show, I'm not only going to watch episodes that are Daniel heavy because he's the character that I like the most. But if that's how you feel though, then I fully respect your right to only watch the episodes that are Jack heavy.

At the end of the day though, the show belongs to TPTB, not us. We might not agree with their storylines, but that doesn't make it bad writing surely? I've not been thrilled with the routes that TPTB have taken us down in the past, but I've stuck with them because that's where they decided to go. I still enjoy the show, not as much, but even at it's worst I still find it better than anything else. I'm not sure I fully understand why people are finding that one single episode ruins the show for them entirely, but heck, we're all different aren't we! Anyway, I'll let you go back to your Pete hating now
                            sigpic

Comment

Well I watch Stargate because I like the show, I'm not only going to watch episodes that are Daniel heavy because he's the character that I like the most. But if that's how you feel though, then I fully respect your right to only watch the episodes that are Jack heavy.
                              Actually I like Daniel and all. I love the whole team first, and Jack is my favourite character so I'll be sticking with the shows that have all four of them in them as much as possible.

At the end of the day though, the show belongs to TPTB, not us. We might not agree with their storylines, but that doesn't make it bad writing surely? I've not been thrilled with the routes that TPTB have taken us down in the past, but I've stuck with them because that's where they decided to go. I still enjoy the show, not as much, but even at it's worst I still find it better than anything else. I'm not sure I fully understand why people are finding that one single episode ruins the show for them entirely, but heck, we're all different aren't we! Anyway, I'll let you go back to your Pete hating now
                              Actually, I don't agree. I'm a customer or a member of an audience. Shows close in the West End/Broadway because people don't buy tickets and support them.

Yep, it is bad writing. They wrote themselves into a corner, where they were left with two choices. Pete looked bad because he wouldn't listen to Sam and ended up following her/checking up, acting a bit controlling (this depends on your point of view), or Sam looks bad because she played adolescent games with Pete. Guess which route out they chose?

I think I will go and post on the Daniel Appreciation Thread, cos I actually like Daniel quite a bit.

Comment

I think that Pete is an OK guy. *runs away*

Comment

Working...
                                X