Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it sounds like an interesting storyline...but it's drawing further and further away from the main part of the show...the stargate maybe?...i mean sure it's always nice to see some other side of the characters but it shouldn't sway too far away from the original plot of the show. like even in the x-files, even if they did show something about mulder scully or dogget's life, it had some sort of relationship to the x-files...>.< am i making sense?
    My flickr photography.

Comment

It 's about Teal'c and SAM by the way .
      I love the Sam character ...and in this episode she is having second thoughts about a relationship outside the SGC ..

May be she 'll consider one inside the SGC...in a little while .

I'm glad that Teal'c is looking for a place to live outside the SGC

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Personally, I think this ep. could either be really good or really bad. I don't mind earthbound eps. as long as that's not all the whole season is comprised of.

I think the Teal'c story sounds interesting, with him having a human love interest and all (never thought they'd do that though). And hey, I'll watch it just because Sam is questioning her relationship with Pete. That little tidbit brightened up my day.

Stargate seems to be moving in a different direction for S8, I just hope that direction isn't running off a very large cliff...

Comment

I find it interesting to see that a lot of people tend to think that the episodes don't sound very good, and rubbish them. I might personally think that something doesn't sound that good from the spoilers given, but I have often been surprised that those not sounding too good, actually turn out to be better than I thought, and vice versa for those that sound interesting from spoilers.

I'm just pleased that we got an 8th season. I think this episode has potential - the reason I say that is because I love the way the Teal'c character has changed over the last couple of seasons, and I'm interested to see how he copes being out of the base by himself. Personally, I think that Chris Judge will lap it up.

E

Comment

I agree I think that CJ will do this very well, and it will be interesting to see what he brings to the episode.

But for the most part when I think an episode is going to be good from the spoilers it turns out about like I expected it too.

So I tend to keep my expectations low and hope they'll pull it off better then I think they will.

Right now, I think this episode will fall some where on in the middle for me. So I expect it to be below average, and if it turns out better I'm happily surprised.
            ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
            The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
              It seems to me that teal'c moving off base raises some serious security concerns. Nevermind the big gold emblem on his head that he would always have to hide but what about his alien physiology? Even though he no longer has junior he still is an alien I mean if he is walking across the street and gets hit by a truck its gonna raise some serious questions at the hospital why he has a pouch in his abdomen. what about his blood work and stuff? im sure it comes up different than humans. Im just surprised that the SGC could authorize such a potential security breach
              Would you really think someone with a gold emblem on his forehead is an alien? I'd just think it was a religous thing. I wouldn't think twice about it. If he was in an accident, and sent to a hospital, that might be a problem, but then I'd go insane if I had to live in an underground base for any length of time.

The character has proven that he can mix with the public fairly well. The possible pitfalls could make for an interesting show...Hey, wasn't that "My favorite Martian"?
              Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                It seems to me that teal'c moving off base raises some serious security concerns. Nevermind the big gold emblem on his head that he would always have to hide but what about his alien physiology? Even though he no longer has junior he still is an alien I mean if he is walking across the street and gets hit by a truck its gonna raise some serious questions at the hospital why he has a pouch in his abdomen. what about his blood work and stuff? im sure it comes up different than humans. Im just surprised that the SGC could authorize such a potential security breach
                What if Sam gets into an accident, or Jack or Cassie, and they find Naquada in their blood?

Comment

I think this episode will be cool. I love stories on Teal'c. I think it will be cool to see Teal'c getting a new place. I also would like to know where Sam's relationship with Pete is going. What she's going to decide. I love any stories based on the main characters personal lives and I also love some action episodes too. Season seven did both. That's why it's my favorite. I also think Christopher Judge will do an awesome job with Teal'c in this episode.
                  Vegn

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                    What if Sam gets into an accident, or Jack or Cassie, and they find Naquada in their blood?
                    I don't think Jack has Naquada in his blood! Sam and Cassie do, but Jack has never had a symbiote die in him like Sam, and they never explained how Cassie got the Naquada in her blood only that it was there as a trap to blow up the stargate.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Jack doesn't have Naquada in his blood.
                    "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

The guo'ald doesn't have to die in you to get the naquadah in your blood. If that was the case then gou'ald couldn't use hand devices, because as Daniel explained in "Absolute Power" the host has to have naquadah in his/her blood to make it work.

If the gou'ald didn't "release" the naquadah into the blood when they first enter the host they could never use a hand device.

So my guess is that Jack does have naquadah in his blood.
                      ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                        The guo'ald doesn't have to die in you to get the naquadah in your blood. If that was the case then gou'ald couldn't use hand devices, because as Daniel explained in "Absolute Power" the host has to have naquadah in his/her blood to make it work.

If the gou'ald didn't "release" the naquadah into the blood when they first enter the host they could never use a hand device.

So my guess is that Jack does have naquadah in his blood.
                        Ok...good point! However if the gou'ald left the host and switched to a new body would the host be able to use gou'ald technology. I don't think so! And the fact that Jack has not been shown to use any of the Gou'alds technology and I think, not 100% positive, but I think that I read somewhere that the writers did not want Jack to have the ability to use the technology, if that's the case then Jack doesn't have naquadah in his blood, right?

Ace
                        "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                          However if the gou'ald left the host and switched to a new body would the host be able to use gou'ald technology. I don't think so!
                          Why not? If the guo'ald has to jump hosts' it wouldn't be able to get all the naquadah out of the host before it left, assuming it had that ability. So there would still be naquadah in the host and that's all the host needs to be able to use gou'ald tech.

And the fact that Jack has not been shown to use any of the Gou'alds technology and I think, not 100% positive, but I think that I read somewhere that the writers did not want Jack to have the ability to use the technology, if that's the case then Jack doesn't have naquadah in his blood, right?
                          No, it means that the writers will never show Jack using gou'ald tech

Besides we all know what Jack thinks of *anything* gou'ald related including the Tok'ra. I could never see him wanting to try to learn to use gou'ald tech, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have the ability.
                          ~BCM =)

Comment

I was just thinking, Teal'c will probably have to have an alias when he moves offbase... who's going for Murray?

Comment

Of course it's going to be Murray! You doubted that?
                              ~BCM =)

Comment

Goa'uld have to release naquidah into each of their host blood so thery can use Goa'uld tech such as a hand or healing device.

So Jack properly does have Naquaduah in his blood and COULD use hand devices and such but really doesn't for phycological reasons. Also its props against SGC polocy although Sam can use the Hand Device and Healing device she doesn't carry one around with her on missions does she?
                                sigpic
                                Banner By JME2

Comment

Working...
                                X