• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are we forgetting walter? we cant lose him.. c'mon now

Comment

Originally posted by alz0rz
      are we forgetting walter? we cant lose him.. c'mon now
      He could always hang out in front of the Dial-Home Device.
      Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
        I think the Asgard use one of their runestones; the Nox simply activate the Gate through the concentrated power of their own self-satisfaction.
        I've always assumed that this (the fancier worm hole formation visual and no dialing) was done whenever the receiving gate was actually supplying the power and creating the worm hole (obviously with opposite polarity than normal). The SGC would probably not have enough power to dial Ida otherwise. This would make more sense than an Asgard stone being able to remotely power the gate from the palm of a hand; they've never been shown to be power sources, rather communication, data, and control devices. As to why the Nox do it, I guess because they just don't like dailing or asking the humans to their dialing coputer.

Speaking of the Nox, they've been absent for so long. We need a good Nox episode sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by Animaniac
          I've always assumed that this (the fancier worm hole formation visual and no dialing) was done whenever the receiving gate was actually supplying the power and creating the worm hole (obviously with opposite polarity than normal). The SGC would probably not have enough power to dial Ida otherwise. This would make more sense than an Asgard stone being able to remotely power the gate from the palm of a hand; they've never been shown to be power sources, rather communication, data, and control devices. As to why the Nox do it, I guess because they just don't like dailing or asking the humans to their dialing coputer.

Speaking of the Nox, they've been absent for so long. We need a good Nox episode sometime.
          aaaahhh!!! forget the nox they are easi;y forgoten and my least favourite because they are weird and harness too much power.
          For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

But at least they weren't complete A$$es to us...much like the Tollan or Tok'ra...I want them to join us in the fight against all stuff bad....Bad stuff be gone...YES!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Animaniac
              i completely agree. we need at least one more good nox episode before the series is out. although they may have been pacifists, they are more powerful than many may guess. i dont know why they didn't do more eps with them. (the only thing that got me is that their hair looks like a bundle of twigs)
              ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

I miss the Nox too. They have to be the most quoted. Come on everyone.
                "The Young do not...................."
                Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by AzMcNeil
                  Apparently the DHD was being worked on at Area 51 and burned out....What would stop us from flying to all of the Goauld occupied worlds and steeling there DHD's?
                  If we did that we would never be able to establish an outgoing wormhole from taht plaent without a naquada generator, and we never know if we would have to go back there for some reason. Not to mention they are probably really heavy.
                  -EARCK

"You ended that sentence in a preposition, *******!"
                  -Jack O'Niell

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
                    (the only thing that got me is that their hair looks like a bundle of twigs)
                    Yeah, but when you can make your city vanish with the power of your brain, you don't need to explain your fashion choices.
                    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by AzMcNeil
                      True....but TPTB don't stay constant so I'm guessing we won't deal much with a new PoO
                      i know that it is a seperate cannon or whatever but i remember that in the 1st ep of infinity(horroble by the way) earth changed thier gate address(im not shure about the PoO)
                      MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
                      I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Originally posted by corey2002
                        i know that it is a seperate cannon or whatever but i remember that in the 1st ep of infinity(horroble by the way) earth changed thier gate address
                        Are you refering to Infinty the cartoon...I don't take anything from that show as face value...utter crap. It was if the StarGate gods took a crap on my TV

Comment

like i said-its a different cannon
                          MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
                          I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Working...
                          X