This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replicators, are they really dead?

Maybe this has already been brought up but here i go anyway..

Rewatched Exodus and Enemies today and the question wether or not all replicators are really gone suddenly popped into my head..

At the end of Exodus we learn that the artificial supernova transported them over 4 million lightyears from their original position and they were no longer in our galaxy.

In the start of Enemies the replicators attack using a ship of unknown origin.
    We are probably not in Ida since the Asgard said they were monitoring hyperspace windows close to earth it's very likely they monitor their own galaxy for the same and they would be there very quickly if they saw 2 Goa'uld ships entering their galaxy, also Ida is not that far away i believe so the question then is how bad is the replicator infestation in this unknown galaxy that we are currently in and another big question would be did the "come forth" command from Reese manage to reach this far out?
    Personally I'm guessing no, and if i'm correct then the replicators may still be replicating and conquering 1 galaxy at the time and it's just a matter of time until we'll see them again in MW and Pegasus.
    Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
    Jack: You may have come to the right place.

I watched it a few days ago to and then boom well another replicator invasion on the way.
    But then i remebered that the human replicator may have called em over. so it is not completly certain they are still alive or dead the best that can be done is not go there and risk it.
    spoiler for SGU HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE
    Spoiler:
    possibly the destiny ( i do believe is the ships name) may actually come across the replicators in its mission to explore the universe.

Comment

While that is a plausible explanation for bringing the replicators back. I really, really hope they never use it. Especially in Universe since they've promised to be using all new elements. Rehashing the replicators yet again is not doing that.
      sigpic
      Banner By JME2

Comment

Guys come on its the replicators, they don't die!! They will be back, either in an SG1 or SGA movie or in SGU... I don't mind which one tbh
        I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

I hope not. Maybe we'll see them in Stargate Universe or the movies

Comment

While it would make more sense for them to make a reappearance on SGU if they did in fact survive in a far away galaxy I really hope they dont rehash any old enemies in the new show, if they ever are to make a comeback I hope it's in a new SG-1 movie.
            Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?

Comment

The Replicators are done for. They would add nothing more to the series.
              sigpic
              - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

On further thought wasn't the ship used in by the Replicators in "Unnatural Selection" the same design of ship as that from "Enemies"? That would suggest that yes, the signal did reach that far out.
                sigpic
                Banner By JME2

Comment

I'll have to check that out tomrrow.

Comment

Ok, didnt even have to look at the episode, jsut read the summary and instantly remembered the episode and the shipdesign the replicators used in Unnatural Selection is pretty far off the one from Enemies.

Comment

From Unnatural Selection:

From Enemies:

Sadly the 2nd shot is kinda of small and obscured by the weapon blast but the designs are clearly if very similar if not identical.
                      sigpic
                      Banner By JME2

Comment

Hmm, guess i need to watch it anyway then because that doesnt look anything like what i remember from that episode

Comment

In the Milky Way and SG-1's domain, it's safe to assume they are gone.

Stargate Atlantis 5x05 Ghost In the Machine:
                          Spoiler:
                          It just takes one ship spotting Weir and her comrades floating through space, if they don't know what they are. I doubt Weir could restrain the others following what she did.

Comment

Okay, ship from Enemies and Unnatural selection is the same, just rewatched it and compared them side by side a few frames different from the screenies above =)
                            So guess it really did reach that far out!

Comment

If at any point in the universe more than 3 blocks of the bug replicators or a dozen nanites survived... so did the replicators. When fighting them the first tatic should be blowing up the sun, or something of equal devistation. Those things are almost impossible to destroy.

Really if they had half a brain they set up backup plans everywhere. Replicarters too smart not to have left one bug behind in Ida just incase they all died. Likewise the Asurans didnt have a single Jumper offworld on a mission or just in case?

Comment

Working...
                              X