This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season One Credits?

I'm having a rewatch and noticed that in the first season they show scenes in the credits that were towards the end of the season. For example, there is a shot of Hammond at the Antartica gate during Don's credit, also a shot of Daniel running into the gate room from the AU reality in "But For The Grace Of God" during Shank's credit.

I've only seen SG-1 via DVD and that was only a year ago, but was Season One shot out of order or was it completed before it began to air on Showtime?

Originally posted by s72450 View Post
    I'm having a rewatch and noticed that in the first season they show scenes in the credits that were towards the end of the season. For example, there is a shot of Hammond at the Antartica gate during Don's credit, also a shot of Daniel running into the gate room from the AU reality in "But For The Grace Of God" during Shank's credit.

I've only seen SG-1 via DVD and that was only a year ago, but was Season One shot out of order or was it completed before it began to air on Showtime?
    Those credits were not the same credits that were shown when Stargate premiered on Showtime. The credis for S1 on Showtime looked like this. The credits you are familiar were for S2-S5 of SG1. And then S6 had new credits for the introduction of Jonas.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Ah so they just included those on the DVD release? The original credits were so boring from the look of it. I can see why they replaced them now.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Those credits were not the same credits that were shown when Stargate premiered on Showtime. The credis for S1 on Showtime looked like this. The credits you are familiar were for S2-S5 of SG1. And then S6 had new credits for the introduction of Jonas.
        Yea, that is the original title sequence. It was replaced on some versions of the the S1 DVD so it depends which you bought as to whether you got that or the 'clips' title sequence.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by s72450 View Post
          Ah so they just included those on the DVD release? The original credits were so boring from the look of it. I can see why they replaced them now.
          And these so-called "boring" credits are brought back for Seasons 4 and 5.

They're made much more entertaining if you've heard Peter DeLuise sing his "Cross-Eyed Pharaoh" song!
          sigpic
          Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

I seem to recall that these original credits are on my version of CotG and not on the rest of S1. I remember something about the credits changed between the premiere and the rest of that season.

They are very similar to the ones from the movie- which are even more boring because those are much longer. I wonder if they kept them for the first episode just to have a little continuity with the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
              I seem to recall that these original credits are on my version of CotG and not on the rest of S1. I remember something about the credits changed between the premiere and the rest of that season.
              You're correct. On the DVDs, that's the case.

Watching the DVD Commentaries for "The Other Side" and "Crossroads" give new dimensions of entertainment for the original credits.
              sigpic
              Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Working...
              X