Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the answers. That definitely decides what I'll need to do in my next chapter.

You think you really know a series until you sit down to write something--but these little things *really* make a difference in the plot!

Comment

Originally posted by saltydude
      Perhaps I was right then? Well I guess only the writers know for sure
      I think you're giving too much credit for surety there. They might have an idea, but the Stargate writers are too wily to ever say they know for sure and thus close down their options.
      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

The definative guide to "sensing" (Maybe) and Teal'cs physiology

1. There is an instance before the Tomb that Teal'c was able to sense. In season 1, Teal'c sensed that Hathor was a goa'uld.

2. Teal'c had to walk across the room to sense Hathor.

3. It is possible that jaffa senses are duller than goa'ulds because a snake in the belly is not as connected to the nervous system as one is to the brain. The jaffa may thus have a more limited range.

4. In Birthright, Ishta and the other Hak'tyl did not sense Teal'c's emptiness for a long time until Ishta fell on him.

5. In the Lost City, the traitor Ronan didnt know Bra'tac lost his symbiote despite being near him for quite some time.

6. Teal'c's pouch no longer exists. In Bane, it began sealing up after the symbiote left. In Affinity, Teal'c sleeps with Krista meaning there's no pouch to freak her out.

Comment

Originally posted by Unas
          6. Teal'c's pouch no longer exists. In Bane, it began sealing up after the symbiote left. In Affinity, Teal'c sleeps with Krista meaning there's no pouch to freak her out.
          Maybe she's just really open-minded?

Comment

Are you sure that he hasn't got the pouch anymore?Did it close on its own or surgery or what is the deal and if he didn't had a pouch than so does BRa'tac witch means that when Ronan stabbed the knife in to its belly Bra'tac couldn't fight and he did continue to fight.You think that a 145 year (in season 7) old Jaffa can still fight after being stabbed in the belly.
            Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
              Are you sure that he hasn't got the pouch anymore?Did it close on its own or surgery or what is the deal and if he didn't had a pouch than so does BRa'tac witch means that when Ronan stabbed the knife in to its belly Bra'tac couldn't fight and he did continue to fight.You think that a 145 year (in season 7) old Jaffa can still fight after being stabbed in the belly.
              i think that the pouch is closed but where the symbiote stayed it is still there. i think that something about the pouch being there and empty was mentioned in the episode Orpheus (S7) when teal'c was injured but i can't be sure.

edit: yeah i was right

FRAISER: "The staff blast hit you directly in the symbiote pouch. If you weren't on Tretonin.."

FRAISER: "You have more healing to do. The staff blast passed through the empty symbiote pouch and did some damage to your spine and surrounding soft tissue. In the past, I could have let your symbiote regenerate the damage. With work, you should be able to make a full recovery. Teal'c?"
              source: http://twiztv.com/scripts/stargate/s...argate-704.htm

when bra'tac was stabbed, the same would have happened to him, the knife would have entered his pouch opening but the area stabbed would have been empty

the opening probably closed either naturally or as a result of the tetronine (i think the tetronine would have probably healed it thinking it was just a wound)
              Last edited by SaberBlade; 20 November 2004, 02:04 AM.

sigpic

Comment

This raises another question. Is the pouch just a useless cavity? I dont think the pouch is externally visible anymore unless Krista is totally into men with holes in their bellies.

Comment

He probably passes it off as the result of the world's most inept appendectomy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                    Maybe she's just really open-minded?
                    maybe what she was interested in wasn't his pouch
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

This raises another question. Is the pouch just a useless cavity?
                      No. The inside of a jaffa contains a synthetic, orange-flavoured filling, noted for its moreish qualities.

Comment

This raises another question. Is the pouch just a useless cavity? I dont think the pouch is externally visible anymore unless Krista is totally into men with holes in their bellies.
                        I think it's still part of their physical make up and won't go away.
                        Rocky

Comment

The definative guide to "sensing" (Maybe) and Teal'cs physiology
                          3. It is possible that jaffa senses are duller than goa'ulds because a snake in the belly is not as connected to the nervous system as one is to the brain. The jaffa may thus have a more limited range.
                          There is no neurological connection. This is stated categorically in the ep "Crossroads." Therefore, the only things T can presumably sense from his symbiote are things like how much it's moving, if its temperature rises or falls, stuff like that. He has no way of knowing for sure exactly what is making it do what it's doing, though he can make educated guesses. That's a lot less precise than being able to sense the Naquadah directly like Sam and Cassie can. No, T has no Naquadah in his own blood; when symbiote's blood and fluids are released into a Jaffa's pouch (i.e. the prim'tah is physically injured), it acts as a poison, so that even if they get a new prim'tah they're still going to die. I think. I'm pretty sure they say something about that in one of the eps where T's father is mentuioned--that's how Cronus killed him.

Are you sure they sleep together? I mean, not just in the same room? I dunno, I'd be inclined to see T as being a gentleman in those circumstances (particularly as he's already _got_ a gf), but otoh, I wouldn't be willing to state categorically they didn't, either.
                          My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
                          -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
                          -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
                          -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Originally posted by Beatrice
                            Are you sure they sleep together? I mean, not just in the same room? I dunno, I'd be inclined to see T as being a gentleman in those circumstances (particularly as he's already _got_ a gf), but otoh, I wouldn't be willing to state categorically they didn't, either.
                            That didnt stop Teal'c from having a relationship with Shaun'auc while married with Drey'auc.

Comment

Originally posted by Beatrice
                              There is no neurological connection. This is stated categorically in the ep "Crossroads." Therefore, the only things T can presumably sense from his symbiote are things like how much it's moving, if its temperature rises or falls, stuff like that. He has no way of knowing for sure exactly what is making it do what it's doing, though he can make educated guesses. That's a lot less precise than being able to sense the Naquadah directly like Sam and Cassie can. No, T has no Naquadah in his own blood; when symbiote's blood and fluids are released into a Jaffa's pouch (i.e. the prim'tah is physically injured), it acts as a poison, so that even if they get a new prim'tah they're still going to die. I think. I'm pretty sure they say something about that in one of the eps where T's father is mentuioned--that's how Cronus killed him.
                              We know he can sense it getting agitated in Hide and Seek, but that may just be because it's wriggling a lot.

Teal'c is a humungous tart. He slept with Shan'auc when he had a wife; do you really think having a girl on another planet is going to stop him getting his sweet lovin'?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                                Teal'c is a humungous tart. He slept with Shan'auc when he had a wife; do you really think having a girl on another planet is going to stop him getting his sweet lovin'?
                                Very true. But I've always figured that Drey'auc shacking up with what's-his-face was the Jaffa equivalent of a divorce. At the very least, it _severely_ wounded their relationship. In which case sleeping with Shan'auc can't be taken as Teal'c's normal response while in a relationship. As he and Ishta have had no break-up/severe relationship difficulties, Teal'c wouldn't necessarily act the same way when faced with a possible love interest. All this is completely my opinion, however. As this is an issue TPTB have never directly adressed, I guess it just comes down to individual choice what you want to believe.
                                My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
                                -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
                                -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
                                -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Working...
                                X