This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the Touchstone?

Hi guys I am just whingeing as my state (South Australia) is going through a record heatwave at the moment....

Today is the 4th day in a row of temps exceeding 40 degrees celcius (114Fahrenheit). It topped out at 45 degrees on Wednesday. The other night we had a lovely overnight 'low' of 34 degrees....a new state record!! woo hoo for me!!

Unfortunately we still have another 4 or 5 days of 40 plus temp coming our way.

I want the touchstone to make my life a little more bearable so if anybody can build one for me that would be awesome!!

BTW its so hot our train tracks have all melted and buckled.
    sigpic

*goes off to find the touchstone* How i would love one to
    Its even nicer when the weather reporter says theres no end in sight

Comment

Sound like you don't need a touchstone... you need a Stargate. I hear KS7-353 is cold this time of year.
      Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        Hi guys I am just whingeing as my state (South Australia) is going through a record heatwave at the moment....

Today is the 4th day in a row of temps exceeding 40 degrees celcius (114Fahrenheit). It topped out at 45 degrees on Wednesday. The other night we had a lovely overnight 'low' of 34 degrees....a new state record!! woo hoo for me!!

Unfortunately we still have another 4 or 5 days of 40 plus temp coming our way.

I want the touchstone to make my life a little more bearable so if anybody can build one for me that would be awesome!!

BTW its so hot our train tracks have all melted and buckled.
        Poor you. The weather forecast just told me that I'll have at least one day without rain this week. So I'll spare a thought for you on what must be a difficult time

If you ever build a touchstone let me know and you can let me borrow it. We need a little help see the sun again

Comment

Hehe Im from south Australia too. It has to be renamed (THE DRY STATE) it never rains here yeah it bloody hot over 40 almost through to next week thursday and may be more.. a StarGate would be nice just dial to a cooler planet bring ya tent and go camping come back in a week or 2 when it cools down hehe

Comment

I have Mckay's Rival's weather device that sucks heat if you prefer that.

Comment

Originally posted by andy tyler View Post
              I have Mckay's Rival's weather device that sucks heat if you prefer that.
              I will take any heat sucking or cold producing device at the moment!!!
              sigpic

Comment

You should come to Sydney, its on 29oC over here mate!

Comment

ru effing kidding me?!?!?!? its around -20(oF) which is about -30(oC)!!! ITS SOOOO COLD
                  SGU =Awesome!!!
                  Hope it stays as good...
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm from south Australia 2 i agree we need that touch stone or some sort of mass cooling device i think we should have revise our policy for acquiring alien tech

Comment

The NID or someone must be playing with the Touchstone on Earth again, that's for sure! The weather has gone nuts with what you poor Aussies are suffering. Ended up with deranged weather in Vancouver, snow, frost, fog and double digit minus temperatures with wind chill. It may be typical Canadian weather in the rest of Canada but it rarely happens in Vancouver, that's why no one is used to it! Brrr!

Here was Amanda Tapping trying to find her car in Downtown Vancouver!

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...bum=28&pos=554

The welcome, and I can happily say, welcome rain came back today and normal temperatures for this time of year are back with a balmy 7 degrees C!

Comment

hey guys just come up to northern europe here we have some snow and only about -1 celsius... id like to swap bodies if someone finds a touchstone

Comment

damn.... i live in WA... 400 K's from the nearest ocean and i thought having days of 40 were bad.... i feel so sorry for you dude
                          "The chinese government does not believe in hiding secrets from it's people"

Comment

just to make it heaps more awesome and fun, this new thing started today called 'rolling blackouts'..no its not a bunch of cars doing burnouts, its when the government decides that we really didn't want the air conditioner on for a few hours.

However for those in victoria i must sympathise, now suffering the worst power outage in the history of....well power.

part of me is proud of living through history....its a very small part though. the rest of me just wants to cry.
                            sigpic

Comment

I can't believe people are complaining I geuss everythings relative, I want a nice sunny day but Britain is somewhat cold and miserable intill summer.

If I had the touch stone id just turn up the heat even more for you aussies for the fun of it. Sorry im just a mean person like how id make it cooler in the north and south poles that might backfire on me though.
                              if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Working...
                              X