Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thor's Chariot had some very good moments but I went with Message in a Bottle. It's just a very well paced story from beginning to end.
    "You've read our mission files: we go through the gate, get into trouble, get out of it, and we go home."
    ~Major Samantha Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris
      Secrets! Love the helmets, Sha're, Abydos, Heru'ur and the introduction of Jacob!
      I think it's the only time outside of the feature where we actually get to see the morphing of the Horus guard helmet, and it looks even better here than it did on the big screen, IMHO.

I was the only one who voted Gamekeeper and I know it's a controversial episode in many quarters, but I can't resist the look into the pasts of both O'Neill and Daniel. It's instantly accessible to the neophyte but gains significance among those who know Jack and Daniel well. It's a natural extension of the feature film and even features some nifty AU elements. An all around great effort.
      END OF LINE

Comment

1969 - hammond with hair. cool and Jack was funny.
        But I like also The fifth race.
        Dogs are my favorite people.
        If they don't have chocolate in heaven, I ain't going.

Comment

Thor's Chariot-sweet Asgard mothership!!
          Tok'ra Part 1 & 2-really cool meeting the Tok'ra
          1969-really funny and good.

Jack: Is mental illness contagious?
          Daniel: This has been disturbing on many levels.
          "Trandoshan eliminated...with extreme prejudice." - Scorch RC-1262
          My deviantART profile

Comment

OOh that was a toughie.

It was ultimately between the fifth race (meeting the Asgard properly and the repository of knowledge) and the episode I ultimately went for 1969. I love everything about this episode - the music, the outfits, the story, even Daniel's german accent is so stupid that its funny. I also love that they pretend they're aliens and Hammond, both old and young. Wonder whether he paid General Hammond back?

Comment

There are so many good eps in Season 2 it was hard to pick one and it was nearly the Fifth Race. But Holiday swung it purely because no-one else has voted for it. I love this ep, the whole body switching thing is classic and I just love the line "thank you for my holiday". Here's a guy who has spent so long devoting time to destroying the goa'uld getting a chance to go out and enjoy the world, if only for a short time. Ahhh.

Comment

The Fifth Race was a good episode. It was between that and 1969.

The war with Canada.
                -Tealc

Comment

I voted 1969, it's so funny, and the groovy outfits are soooo cool.

Comment

fifth race is my all time fav

Comment

Don't hate me- I voted for Holiday. I really like the part at the end when they're switching bodies.
                      YAY DANCING BANANAS!!!

Hallowed Are The Moderators

Kate Hewlett's blog

A Dog's Breakfast official site

37.47535% - Major Geek How geeky are you?

Comment

I voted for The Fifth Race, like most people it seems! I just love learning about alien races, and this introduction to the ancients and an overload of new information was tantalizing. Jack as the techie genius was pretty neat. Locking in another chevron was exciting, as was seeing the Asgard homeworld.

I also loved: In the Line of Duty (fantastic Sam episodes, and intro to Tokra), Need (Daniel is so hot when he's evil, and loved learning about the sarc), and Thor's Chariot (I like those people, and who can't like a giant Asgard mothership?).

Comment

Fifth Race, simply amazing episode. I don't think I've ever seen an episode that made me want to keep watching the series as much as that episode. And 6 seasons later I still am. Kudos to the writers of that one it was a stunning episode.

Matter of Time is a close second.
                          Condemnant quod non intellegunt.

Comment

Oh, I forgot to say: I didn't particularly like 1969. I sort of disliked it in fact. If felt like a total filler episode to me, and it seemed to have no purpose whatsoever in regards to the SG1 storyline. I still don't get why they had to go back in time, shouldn't they just never have had to go back in time at all? *sighs*

However, I did find Teal'c's fro highly amusing, and I did like the young, rather dashing Hammond.

Comment

This is a hard one as i have several favorites of season 2. My top three favorites (in random order)are Fifth Race, Thor's Chariot, and Holiday.

Comment

I think my favourite is probably A Matter of Time. It raised a lot of moral issues, delved into Jack's past and was a really cool concept too! Secrets is a close second, it was so sad

Stargate SG-1 Survivor - Season 2

Gateworld's Next Top Artist (NEW!)

B'elanna: This ship will not survive the formation of the cosmos...

Comment

Working...
                                X