Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK guys, let's talk about the episode and not fill up the thread with speculation on what we think other fans might or might not say about the episode when it airs! For me, and I am a *gasp* Daniel fan , I'd never complain about an episode solely because of a character's presence or abscence. The most I'd do is complain because an actor was not present - Dion Johnstone not playing Chaka in Enemy Mine for instance.

Personally, I find the premise behind this episode storyline to be quite exciting. I was captivated by the Kelwona storyline however, and they never did that justice, so I'm holding back my enthusiasm for now.

But here was have a world that has developed quite substantially without the sort of influences we had here on earth. And now they're headed for a huge conflict. From the sounds of the technology - they aren't as advanced as us but they do have radio - I'd pin them at possibly 1920's type of technology. They can easily explore the issues that were raised here with WWI. I hope they do. Particularly with this guy who still believes the Goa'uld are gods. How many of his people might he be willing to sacrifice? And how willing would they be once the corpses pile up a la the Somme?
    Last edited by GateGipsy; 04 May 2004, 04:12 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

pics for Icon posted

looking at the pics, we have another very earth-like civilisation

the same can be said of the SGA episodes Poisoning the well and Underground

Comment

I saw the pics A very Daniel heavy episode according the pictures
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Looks like a good episode for Daniel lovers
          __

__

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
            And now they're headed for a huge conflict. From the sounds of the technology - they aren't as advanced as us but they do have radio - I'd pin them at possibly 1920's type of technology. They can easily explore the issues that were raised here with WWI.
            If I recall correctly, WW-I began with an assisination of the Hungarian prince
            So Daniel would have to shoot somebody of Royal blood.
            sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

lol Why is it always Daniel that gets the tough stuff?
              __

__

Comment

Heh. I like most Jackson episodes, and this one does sound interesting if not a bit of a rehash of other Stargate SG1 plots.

Comment

I agree. It sounds/looks great
                  __

__

Comment

[QUOTE=avatar]Ah, that is so true. As long as it's Daniel, you won't get alot of complaints. Even though it really does sound like A 100 Days.

Shoot me dead if we have another ep. where an alien chick falls for Daniel *gags*[QUOTE]

Sorta like an episode where an alien seduces Jack, or Teal'c... my gosh, that First Prime has a woman on every planet!

I am a Daniel fan, but the pictures are sorta snoozers.... It wouldn't matter if daniel spent half the episode in a speedo - it the plot is dull, the dialogue insipid, it's gonna be boring.

Comment

Sadly... It kinda seems like Sam and Daniel are constantly being pitted against each other...

If you want me to elaborate on that statement, just ask. However, people do tend to have Sam and Daniel compete, and I can't imagine either character (let alone actor) feeling like that does either character justice.

I do, however, agree, that (from what I've seen in the past) some fans complain when there are Sam-eps; and hardcore Daniel fans tend to go hog-wild when there are Daniel-eps, despite the fact that there is still only one character being focused upon. Oh well... I like both characters, so it's cool.

I like the season so far, and I have high hopes. AND Michael Shanks did very well in Lifeboat, which was a Daniel-centric ep shown early on in the show. All three are gonna have their chance to shine, and I say let 'em have it. The actors deserve it; the characters deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                        Sadly... It kinda seems like Sam and Daniel are constantly being pitted against each other...

If you want me to elaborate on that statement, just ask. However, people do tend to have Sam and Daniel compete, and I can't imagine either character (let alone actor) feeling like that does either character justice.

I do, however, agree, that (from what I've seen in the past) some fans complain when there are Sam-eps; and hardcore Daniel fans tend to go hog-wild when there are Daniel-eps, despite the fact that there is still only one character being focused upon. Oh well... I like both characters, so it's cool.

I like the season so far, and I have high hopes. AND Michael Shanks did very well in Lifeboat, which was a Daniel-centric ep shown early on in the show. All three are gonna have their chance to shine, and I say let 'em have it. The actors deserve it; the characters deserve it.
                        Well the spoilers and preview pics for Icon don't excite me much (and I'm a Daniel fan) but it could be a good episode if the story is exciting, the original characters interesting and the dialogue well-written. Even the most unoriginal story can be entertaining if the execution is there.

I know what you're referring to regarding the rivalry. What I'd really like to see in season 8 is a strong Sam/Daniel episode. Those characters don't really get to do much together anymore, since the actors are usually off filming their own episodes. I've always enjoyed their friendship, which I thought was very special, and would like to see it explored and maybe even tested a little in an episode.
                        Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                          What I'd really like to see in season 8 is a strong Sam/Daniel episode. Those characters don't really get to do much together anymore, since the actors are usually off filming their own episodes. I've always enjoyed their friendship, which I thought was very special, and would like to see it explored and maybe even tested a little in an episode.
                          That would be great. We need more episodes featuring pairings, and not just single characters. I have always liked Daniel and Samantha together and have noticed in recent seasons a downplaying of their friendship. Maybe Season 8 will correct that.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentX
                            That would be great. We need more episodes featuring pairings, and not just single characters. I have always liked Daniel and Samantha together and have noticed in recent seasons a downplaying of their friendship. Maybe Season 8 will correct that.
                            I know what you mean by the downplaying of their friendship. I think sometimes the writers do that in an effort to highlight other aspects of the show: Some might say, for instance, the Jack/Daniel friendship, the Jack/Sam shippy stuff, and even - FINALLY - the Sam/Teal'c friendship, which has never been explored thoroughly.

I just really like the team friendship, and the one-on-one friendships that we get to see. For me, just watching each character show concern and genuine love and affection for the other characters is enough to keep me satisfied.

SPOILERS FOR NEW GROUND PARTS I & II
                            In that ep, there was so much one-on-one concern for each character, is was awesome to me. There was the Sam and Teal'c scene, the concern each character had for Jack, the concern each character had for Sam, and the end scene. It was just great. I don't think the show has done something so overtly team-oriented in a very long time.
                            SPOILER SPACE IS OVER.

The show was built on a team. The show is not called "Jack's Sacrifices" or "A Day in the Life of Daniel Jackson," "Teal'c's Latest Love Interest," or "Sam's Latest Self-Discovery." It's about the team.

Even still, eps with Daniel being focused upon, or Sam or Teal'c, provide other aspects of the very story they're all trying to tell, and that is about the members of the team, individually and as a whole. I've rarely had a problem with how they've taken all of the characters, because it really is the natural progression/evolution of a television show. After so many years, you have to show the heart behind the soldier, the doubt within the leader, and the inner struggle within a scientist. I'm very proud of what they do with all of the characters.

Comment

I'm really looking forward to this episode!
                              It looks really good.

Comment

Which episode was "New Ground"? I dont' remember that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X