Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anti-S9 thread. For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasterPower
    quoted message was deleted
    Hello!!! This is the ANTI S9 thread. This isn't the pro S9 thread, or a thread debating S9! This is the thread where those of us are against S9 can talk. This thread is clearly marked, and if you even read one page of it you would see that you are NOT welcome here if you are going to say S9 is good. If you think S9 is good, then go to the PRO (Not the ANTI) S9 thread! Learn how to read properly!!!!!
    Last edited by Feli; 08 March 2005, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Just report it to a Mod. Any illiterate fool who insists on posting off topic crap in this thread is going to have his/her posts removed.

And slapstick does sum up a lot of the "humor" of the past few seasons... it describes a few things that weren't intended to be humorous, too.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        Just report it to a Mod. Any illiterate fool who insists on posting off topic crap in this thread is going to have his/her posts removed.

And slapstick does sum up a lot of the "humor" of the past few seasons... it describes a few things that weren't intended to be humorous, too.
        *slaps head* thanks for the tip, forgot I can submit reports to mods! lo!l S9 will now be Stoogegate SG-1!

Comment

I've given up pointing people in the direction of the Pro S9 thread. No one who demonstrates that they *need* directions ever seems to follow them - there have been more posts saying how great s9 will be in this thread than in that one, I think.

Is it a full moon this year?

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
            You and me both. I just feel compelled to see how it all ends, whether I like it or not. That’s why I stayed with the X-Files till the end.

That “Ties That Binds” episode blurb is just…well just makes me cringe. I don’t want comedy hour or cliché plot ideas that have been rehashed already on other shows. That’s one reason why I hated PU among many other reasons to numerous to go into. I didn’t really care for the one that Farscape did in S4 with that concept. There is no way Stargate people are going to take that concept and make it unique and interesting. It will be flat out embarrassment, imo. I almost feel sorry for the actors in a way. I have a feeling this one and PU are going to be in a bloody battle for who can be the worst episode of Stargate ever. Give me Emancipation any day of the week.
            Like Kes I think that morbid curiousity may get me to tune in to the first shows of S9. But I still harbor no high hopes, maybe even less than the last time I posted here, especially given what I've read about M1&2 & the S9 spoilers.

RE: the line I bolded in your post LoneStar... I think that was one of the things that drew me to SG. That it *was* unique and interesting. And MOHO is that it hasn't been all that unique or interesting in S8. The actors for the most part seem tired or grumpy (except for a few fleeting scenes), the writers are tired (in spite of their blurbs concerning how fresh, new and exciting their ideas are), the budget is *tired*... and so on and so forth. And as for it being unique and interesting in S9? Well, it is interesting the games TPTB seem to be playing with the casting and direction of the show next season, but it ain't unique and it doesn't seem to bode well for the quality of the show. (IMOHO)

I'm an optimist, but about this show I came to love, regarding S9... I'm pessimistic as hell about it....

(Heck, won't even tell you how many eps I managed to fall asleep halfway into during this season. Now Reckoning2 - that did keep me awake. Too bad we couldn't have had a season full of that caliber of show...)
            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Like Skydiver said, of late it seems that TPTB are more in favor of taking the cheap and easy way out of EVERYTHING rather than trying anything unique or trying to by gods DEVELOP something and make it interesting.

Cliches, homages, cheap jokes and pandering to the lowest common denominator. Welcome to the future of SG-1.

Comment

Totally agree ShimmeringStar! I fell in love with Stargate from the beginning on Showtime, and it is so sad how down hill the show has gone. Staragte used to be so unique, refreshing and interesting. I see so much potential lost when I go back and watch S1-5. I mean my favorite episode is still The Nox. That kind of creativity is gone now! Here comes S9 of Stoogegate SG-1! I think I'll go cry now...
                Last edited by Vyse; 07 March 2005, 04:03 PM.

Comment

guys and gals, please, when/if folks come inhere and post posts that are contrary to the thread...ie pro-s9 stuff, PLEASE don't quote it. Just report it and let it go.

if you quote it we as mods have two choices, leave your response alone...with the quote, or edit two posts instead of one.

Make it easy on us huh???

Just report and ignore

and, honestly, this applies to ANY off topic post in any thread.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

hear hear Denise (about the modding thing)

and yes, I want to add my twopennorth to the the thread

PTB, stop blaming it all on writing for two shows: get more staff

Stargate has always brought a unique perspective to the usual Sci-fi stuff. AU, Alien-occupation-of body etc etc. But I agree with the rest of you, it's all tired and it all seems like too much effort.

As I said before, I most likely will watch S9 to letch (shallow - it's my middle name) but I will cringe and feel that I have to make excuses for it to Mr.MC.
                    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

No kidding. How can you whine about the difficulty of trying to write for two shows at once when it's your own damn fault you're doing it?? Nevermind, don't answer that, I already know: it's human nature. :Rolleye:

I just really REALLY hope that the festering rot of SG-1 doesn't infect Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        No kidding. How can you whine about the difficulty of trying to write for two shows at once when it's your own damn fault you're doing it?? Nevermind, don't answer that, I already know: it's human nature. :Rolleye:

I just really REALLY hope that the festering rot of SG-1 doesn't infect Atlantis.

EXACTLY!!!

if it's so hard to write 40 eps...then hire more people!!!!!

hello, they've needed new voices for quite a while. No, i'm not saying that we need a staff of 40 or anything, but geez, when the work load doubled it makes sense that the staff needs to nearly double too. bring in some fresh ideas and new perspectives.

to me, a lot of the problems with particular episodes seems to be that they were dashed down over a weekend, never beta'd and jsut crammed into producion...oh and then after they're done taping they wonder 'umm, how come he did that???' and it's too late to close the massive plot hole that's been generated by slip shod writing.

chimra for example, the biggest straw that broke the fandom's back was pete jsut showing up at the stakeout. there was never an explanation how he got there. ever. which led to the whole stalking thing.

well, they coulda closed that plot hole in one of two ways:

show pete the cop being told by someone on the springs police force about an af sting

have daniel have introduced them, not sam, which means that pete knows that daniel exists and has a reason to be there

but, instead, the 'easy' way was taken along with the perceived attitude that we fans will just accept what they do. 'why was pete at the stakeout?' 'he read the script' 'oh, ok, cool'

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          EXACTLY!!!

if it's so hard to write 40 eps...then hire more people!!!!!

hello, they've needed new voices for quite a while. No, i'm not saying that we need a staff of 40 or anything, but geez, when the work load doubled it makes sense that the staff needs to nearly double too. bring in some fresh ideas and new perspectives.

to me, a lot of the problems with particular episodes seems to be that they were dashed down over a weekend, never beta'd and jsut crammed into producion...oh and then after they're done taping they wonder 'umm, how come he did that???' and it's too late to close the massive plot hole that's been generated by slip shod writing.

chimra for example, the biggest straw that broke the fandom's back was pete jsut showing up at the stakeout. there was never an explanation how he got there. ever. which led to the whole stalking thing.

well, they coulda closed that plot hole in one of two ways:

show pete the cop being told by someone on the springs police force about an af sting

have daniel have introduced them, not sam, which means that pete knows that daniel exists and has a reason to be there

but, instead, the 'easy' way was taken along with the perceived attitude that we fans will just accept what they do. 'why was pete at the stakeout?' 'he read the script' 'oh, ok, cool'
                          and ya know what, it's not just writers. how about director, producers? let's add some new voices to the mix.

maybe another reason so much drek gets through is because we have the same group of folks that write it, pick it apart and then ok it. We're trapped in the same thoughts and preferences of the same small group of people and if one of them falls in love with an idea, there's no one to stop and question that 'love' and wonder if it's really good for the show

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                            As I said before, I most likely will watch S9 to letch (shallow - it's my middle name) but I will cringe and feel that I have to make excuses for it to Mr.MC.
                            If you have to make excuses to Mr MC, that'll be a shame. If you have to make excuses to the Gruesomes you'll know it's time to switch to letching over something else

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              and ya know what, it's not just writers. how about director, producers? let's add some new voices to the mix.

maybe another reason so much drek gets through is because we have the same group of folks that write it, pick it apart and then ok it. We're trapped in the same thoughts and preferences of the same small group of people and if one of them falls in love with an idea, there's no one to stop and question that 'love' and wonder if it's really good for the show
                              It's George Lucas syndrome (also known as JK Rowling syndrome) where a successful person ceases to be surrounded by people who can say "no, that's poor, this needs editing and those bits are contrived" and instead becomes surrounded by people (employees, mostly) who know what a success they are. They're a talented bunch at Bridge Studios, but I think some of them would benefit from some more voices of dissent.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                                It's George Lucas syndrome (also known as JK Rowling syndrome) where a successful person ceases to be surrounded by people who can say "no, that's poor, this needs editing and those bits are contrived" and instead becomes surrounded by people (employees, mostly) who know what a success they are. They're a talented bunch at Bridge Studios, but I think some of them would benefit from some more voices of dissent.
                                This sounds familiar to what happened with Star Trek. B&B take over and will not let new people with new ideas in because of their egos. That is why all of VOY sucked, and S1-3 of ENT sucked. Hopefully TPTB will finally get their heads clear and get some new talent involved with SG-1. But after seeing what is going on with S9, I think SG-1 might get just as bad as VOY. Well, here comes S9 of Stoogegate SG-1!

Comment

Working...
                                X