Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anti-S9 thread. For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kirara
    I don´t know season 9 not well enough to be sure, but me reminds the situation between Dr. Lam and her father about how the situation between Sam and Jacob was in season 2.
    Seems for me as they would try something similar here. But it seems not working so well this time. Isn´t t strange that their "all new - all different" Stargate seems to imitate so often plots from earlier seasons?

I think that they thought that since it worked then, it will work again. However, if it will work or not normally has a lot to do with the actors themselves. If they have horrible chemistry together, it won't be believable, but if they do then it comes together pretty nicely.

Plus remember, there is a serious lack of female writers doing scripts. Most men don't know how to write women from a woman's perspective. They tend to mix their own experiences with women into the mold, and that's not always a good thing. Perhaps they need a female consultant on the show and not just a military one. lol

Comment

For all of you Anti Season 9 posts, here are the links to the Anti SG-1 S10 and SGA S3 threads

Anti SG-1 Season 10 Thread
      Anti SGA Season 3 Thread

And for a link to the Pro SG-1 and SGA Threads, just refer to my sig.
      sigpic

Comment

what happens to this thread is up to you guys. if folks want it closed so they can move onto the s10 one, cool. if not, we can leave it be and just let it run its course

for most of us, there is still half s9 left to see, so what happens to it is up to the folks that play here
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I say leave it. As you said elsewhere, if interest wanes, folks will stop posting and it'll sink out of sight.

Plus, ya know, there's always the chance that with all these anti threads lurking about, certain anti-anti people might have an apoplexy and go away, leaving us in relative peace and tranquility.

Comment

Yeah, I agree with Shadow, leave it open.
            sigpic

Comment

I third that. Leave this thread open so there can be much gripeage about the second half of season nine. That way the anti-s10 thread can stay focused on season ten rumors and whatnot. Every gripe has its place.

Comment

Oh, s9 is not over by a long shot. More a btchin a comin (by me) I suspect, unless it actually gets good (like prototype), then I will go bother the pro people. So you should all hope for at least what I qualify as good so I can go away.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
                  Plus remember, there is a serious lack of female writers doing scripts. Most men don't know how to write women from a woman's perspective. They tend to mix their own experiences with women into the mold, and that's not always a good thing. Perhaps they need a female consultant on the show and not just a military one. lol
                  That's a very good idea.
                  School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    what happens to this thread is up to you guys. if folks want it closed so they can move onto the s10 one, cool. if not, we can leave it be and just let it run its course

for most of us, there is still half s9 left to see, so what happens to it is up to the folks that play here
                    Leave it be. Season 9 is not over yet, it's only half way.
                    People who have complaints about S9 should still have a thread for negative oppinions about S9. Still there are many things to be said (bad ones included - in this case here) about season 9. Season 10 plot is just formed by rumors and speculations after july 2006 it will be about facts.
                    School is overrated.

Comment

it's left, it's left, it's left

and yeah, you're right. s9 is only half over. there's another 10 eps to talk about

sigpic

Comment

Oky doky! Were back in business!
                        And in that order I have to state that the worst so far episode of season 9 (so far) has been (IMO and that of my bro) 9x04. TPTB thought it would be a comedic epsiode but it's as far as I am concened a joke. This is not the way to explore a character's past!!!
                        I hate comedic episodes. I don't hate jokes (except "joke" episodes) if they are used moderatly. When a character says a joke or funny line is ok, but when an episode is supposed to be a comedic episode it really doesn't cut it (I think that is the expression).
                        TPTB should not make an episode like that. Ever. And when you think that standalone work (this one did not).
                        Off course there are good parts in this standalone but in general the quality of 9x04 is poor (the script I mean - the actors play with what they have).
                        School is overrated.

Comment

The one I REALLY couldn't stand in the first half was The Ties That Bind. That one seemed like a real waste of time to me. What was the point? Yeah, they had to try and find a way to get those stupid braclets off so they could get Vala outta there (which I sincerely don't mind) but the way they went about it was just horrible! To me, that episode seemed to shout, "I'm f-cking tired, I don't care about what I'm doing to the show by writing this, and I'm only writing this episode to fill in the time slots from 5pm to 6pm and from 8pm to 9pm!!!".

In truth, there are only two S9 episodes I would willingly watch a second time - ever - and those are Ex Dues Machina and Babylon. And, seeing as there hasn't been a single episode out of the previous seasons that I haven't gotten some degree of satisfaction from (at least from the ones I've seen - I missed the first half of S8), I think that's really sad.
                          - Miz

Proud Samandan (blue jello all the way!! )

Proud Anti-S9 Forumer (Pro-Original SG-1)

SG-1
                          Not your average world-saving squad!!

Comment

me too, the ties that bind was just sooo off. in fact, i think the only thing stargate about it was the open.

it was more like a pilot episode or a cheap spoof of farscape

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Miz_Gatez
                              The one I REALLY couldn't stand in the first half was The Ties That Bind. That one seemed like a real waste of time to me. What was the point? Yeah, they had to try and find a way to get those stupid braclets off so they could get Vala outta there (which I sincerely don't mind) but the way they went about it was just horrible! To me, that episode seemed to shout, "I'm f-cking tired, I don't care about what I'm doing to the show by writing this, and I'm only writing this episode to fill in the time slots from 5pm to 6pm and from 8pm to 9pm!!!".

In truth, there are only two S9 episodes I would willingly watch a second time - ever - and those are Ex Dues Machina and Babylon. And, seeing as there hasn't been a single episode out of the previous seasons that I haven't gotten some degree of satisfaction from (at least from the ones I've seen - I missed the first half of S8), I think that's really sad.
                              Me, three! Thank goodness you guys said that about TTTB. I SO agree. Who WERE all those people in that ep, anyway? None of them looked like the folks I remember. I thought it was an odd little filler ep, designed to use up the end of CB's contract maybe. Pity, for as we all know, she can do SO much more. In fact, she does a lot with what she's given. I personally think the character itself is too clownishly written. The tone is off or something. I'm hoping they will find a better level in the last half of the season.

Originally posted by The Engineer
                              Leave it be. Season 9 is not over yet, it's only half way.
                              People who have complaints about S9 should still have a thread for negative oppinions about S9. Still there are many things to be said (bad ones included - in this case here) about season 9. Season 10 plot is just formed by rumors and speculations after july 2006 it will be about facts.
                              Yeah, I agree. I'm sure I'll have a lot more things to say specific to S9 once we see the last half of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                                I don't think you can get a good estimate of the number of people who are pro vs. anti just by post counts on a thread on one forum. Nor do I think you can get a good estimate by various online polls. Online fandom represents a very small fraction of all fans, and it's very difficult to get a good idea of non-fandom, general audience opinions or people who aren't watching anymore.

i think you're right, but i have *never* seen this amount of complaining and bitterness before with this show. when the spoilers came out for the last (or second to last ep), ALL the fans i read were *not* liking it. that was the first time in the history of this show that the VAST majority of the fans were against something.

my mom won't watch stargate anymore. she tried the first ep of season 9, but couldn't make it half way through before changing the channel. i watched the eps, but felt no love or affection for them. i was salivating for sam's return, but the way the writers have been handling sam's participation on the show (for all 5 eps) has been very disappointing.

so what am i saying? i miss stargate sg1. whatever is showing now is a dumb-downed, sexed up ba$tardization of stargate, farscape, and firefly (and other less-than-stellar scifi shows).

i don't think the show's past fixing, i just think the ptb don't care enough to try. even if my fave character (sam) was missing for the first 5 eps, i gave it a try and watched. even if my second fave character (jack) was gone, i gave it a try and watched. even if my fave storyline (sam/jack) was a ghost of itself, i gave it a try and watched. and now i can't get excited by fourth horseman part 2. or the ep after that. or after that. or the season finale.

why do i keep watching? because i don't seem to know how to stop. if i stop watching, i also stop here. and stop fanfiction. it'll all go hand-in-hand for me i feel. and i also keep thinking (hoping) that it'll go back to the great show it used to be. yeah, just hold on a bit longer and it'll be stargreat sg1 again.

BUT, as much as i keep hanging on... if season 10 is the daniel-vala show, and sam's no longer a member of the team because vala has taken her position (like mitchell bumped sam out of leadership)... it'll be the final blow for me.

as daniel said in season 8's 'avatar', death by a thousand cuts. well, the ptb have been cutting here and cutting there, and the show is dying a slow death by bleeding out. season 8 might not have been the greatest, but it's academy award winning material compared to the soleless season 9.

I MISS STARGATE SG1!

(i hate it when i feel this negative)

sally
                                Last edited by majorsal; 12 November 2005, 04:14 PM.
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X