Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thing is, Atlantis proves that a Stargate show can succeed without RDA so *shrugs*

Comment

Four? FOUR. FOUR!

That's terrible. Unbeliavably terrible. Lets say a Season is 20 episodes. 8 would've done, nearly half... but FOUR! That's not even a quarter of a Season.

They sure as **** better be bringing back Jonas, because, as much as I love the other three, I don't think a 3-man cast can sustain this show.

FOUR!

BYE
      Last edited by Darren; 08 November 2004, 08:02 AM.
      "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

They will certainly have to add a new boss for the SGC, and maybe a new team member, especially if Carter may have reduced time due to AT pregnancy. It will probably be a lot of Daniel and Teal'c in the first episodes. RDA will probably do the first and last two episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
          They will certainly have to add a new boss for the SGC, and maybe a new team member, especially if Carter may have reduced time due to AT pregnancy.
          Sam can be off on her honeymoon with Pete.

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat

whacks shadow
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat

Or with Jack.....
              It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by David85
                Or with Jack.....
                naaah... Stalker Pete all the way

Comment

Here's an idea. Why don't those who don't want a S9 and have lost interest in the show...stop watching. Then those of us who still see a lot of potential in the show and don't think it's run its course yet and who want to see more can have their fun. Everyone wins, everyone's happy. It strikes me as somewhat selfish of those who have lost interest to be trying to end the show just to suit themselves. If I don't enjoy a show any more I watch something else and leave it to those still having fun. I'm surprised this is such a difficult concept for some posters to embrace really.

Albion
                  Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

I'm surprised by how many people would seem to prefer a white-washed version of fandom where everything is rainbows and puppy dogs and the show is godlike and perfect and never does anything wrong and people hold hands and dance around, singing the praises of TPTB, the actors, the characters, etc.

Me, when I don't like something, I say so. And yeah, if the show or an episode gets TOO bad, I won't watch it. But that isn't going to stop me from posting my opinions. I'm going to continue saying why I think something is terrible because no matter what happens, I'm still a Stargate fan and I still love the show. I miss what the show was and I'm saddened to see what it has become. Should I keep my mouth shut and go away? I'm sure a lot of people would love that, but it isn't in my nature to do that. I still love the show, I can still say plenty of positive things about it, I still feel that I personally have something to contribute to this board and I'm gonna keep doing it. So there.

Just because I hate some things, or am disappointed with the current direction of the show or have given up watching it doesn't make me any less of a fan and it doesn't mean I don't have just as much right to post my thoughts and feelings as those who still love everything about the show and think the whole S9 thing is fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
                      It strikes me as somewhat selfish of those who have lost interest to be trying to end the show just to suit themselves. If I don't enjoy a show any more I watch something else and leave it to those still having fun. I'm surprised this is such a difficult concept for some posters to embrace really.
                      The same can be said for those who wish to continue it on.

I don't want to see SG turn into X-Files where it runs on longer than it should. I prefer seeing it end while it is still successful.

I know money is an issue, and many people think its money well spent, but you don't realize how bad the economy is becoming and how hard it is to keep the same staff. SG is just one show. Think of how many other projects SciFi is developing and continuing. Look at the whole industry.

Comment

The same can be said for those who wish to continue it on.
                        No, actually it can't. Because those of us wishing it to continue aren't going to spoil the other side's fun if it does and if we get our wish. All they have to do is stop watching and they're happy. They, however, are stating that they wish the show to end simply because they no longer enjoy it. Which means they're trying to spoil the fun of those on the opposite side of the opinion. If they get their wish, they make a section of the Stargate community very unhappy. So there is a very big difference there, actually.

And I'm not saying that no one is entitled to voice an opinion on the show. ShadowMaat - not at all. Just that demanding the show end because you, personally, don't enjoy it any more is a little on the selfish side when others still enjoy it and want it to continue. The solution is in your own hands. Don't watch S9 if that's the way you feel. Make yourself happy. Feel free to come here and say you hate S9 and it sucks. But that's an entirely different thing to demanding it ends just because you've lost interest. (using the collective you there, btw, not personal to you, ShadowMaat)

Nor do I believe my post said anything about everything having to be all sweetness and light and perfect. I do believe that my previous posts on this forum give testament to embracing pointing out myself when I dislike something in an episode and I enjoy reading others opinions generally on the show, whether they agree or not. So really not sure where that element applies.

And while there are other SF shows I enjoy watching, I really don't see what relevence that point has to whether SG continues or not. I enjoy watching SG1 most of all and would like to see more of it. I don't feel any great personal responsibility to ensure that other shows are made or continue. Let their fans do the work there.

Albion
                        Last edited by Albion; 07 November 2004, 08:19 AM.
                        Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
                          No, actually it can't. Because those of us wishing it to continue aren't going to spoil the other side's fun if it does and if we get our wish. All they have to do is stop watching and they're happy. They, however, are stating that they wish the show to end simply because they no longer enjoy it. Which means they're trying to spoil the fun of those on the opposite side of the opinion. If they get their wish, they make a section of the Stargate community very unhappy. So there is a very big difference there, actually.
                          Critisism (sp?) is one of the best things a show can get, because when writers, directors etc... listen to it they learn what they can improve without making others unhappy as well.

And people who wish to end the show are just concerned that the show they love will end up like the X-Files and the Star Trek series. Those two series are only examples of how commerce can influence TPTB.

So to conclude my (vague?) story: You should be happy with people critisising (sp?) the show, because with out critisism (sp?) the people who make wouldn't know how to improve it.
                          Signed,

Gregorius
                          Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                          Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Wow... If this rumour is indeed true, then this will be the first time ever that I have mixed feelings about the renewal of SG-1 for another season. I've always said that it would be better to end it than to have it completely RDA-free, and I still stand by that opinion. However, if he were to appear occasionally... Maybe it could work. But I had hoped it wouldn't come to that.

I'll say this: They damn well better not write Jack out of the show permanently. No death, no ascension. Don't spend his four episodes all at once and never hear from him again. Keep the character alive by having him appear from time to time. And have him play a significant part in the final episode.
                            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

So to conclude my (vague?) story: You should be happy with people critisising (sp?) the show, because with out critisism (sp?) the people who make wouldn't know how to improve it.
                              <sigh>. Okay, I'll say this again in words of few syllables and hopefully this time my point will get across. There's a difference between constructively criticising the show generally (I do not have a problem with that, think it's perfectly healthy and enjoy it immensely as it promotes some great debates) and demanding the show ends just to suit yourself, which means those who don't agree with you don't get to watch their favourite show any more.

If you demand the show ends and it does - well, there's not much room for improvement by TPTB on any scale, is there? And constructive criticism becomes rather pointless since there's nothing there to improve!

Now if that's not clear as to what my opinion is:

Constructive criticism = very, very good and nothing to do with the point I'm making

then you'll just have to argue it out among yourselves, because really not sure how much more clearly I can say it.

Albion

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

I am really looking forward to season 9, and people who arent yust shouldnt watch it!

And, people, please no more posts like --> uuuu, please stop it no more season 9!!!!

Don't spoil it to the people that wishes it!!!

thx

Comment

Working...
                                X