This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antartica's gate and DHD priority

As Russians said that gates w/ DHD connected had a priority over SGC gates so how they were operating SGC before they found gate in Solitudes antarctica? Because those gate were fine, they had DHD connected to them and so on..Those were original earth's stargates that ancients used.
    The cake is a lie...

Originally posted by Arwis View Post
    As Russians said that gates w/ DHD connected had a priority over SGC gates so how they were operating SGC before they found gate in Solitudes antarctica? Because those gate were fine, they had DHD connected to them and so on..Those were original earth's stargates that ancients used.
    1) Carter had to dig out the dhd and fiddle with it before it powered up and glowed

2) The ice crevasse had not opened up yet, so it was the same as being buried

Best options I can think of.

Comment

The Stargate activated, so it wasn't completely burried. The simple answer is, the DHD was frozen in ice, so it might as well have not been there.

Comment

I concur with the above 2 posts^

Comment

Whilst it is true that until the DHD was reactivated it was not the dominant gate, but I am sure they were still sending rescue teams offworld searching after Carter tried to dial earth and the gate wouldn't lock, therefore the DHD was connected

Comment

Originally posted by NIKIN View Post
            Whilst it is true that until the DHD was reactivated it was not the dominant gate, but I am sure they were still sending rescue teams offworld searching after Carter tried to dial earth and the gate wouldn't lock, therefore the DHD was connected
            that is a fair point, green for you!
            Meh.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but in the S6 episode Frozen, don't the research guys up in Antarctica, who have been digging around the site of the old gate say that they found the bodies of two frozen jaffa that are very old?

I may be being a little presumptuous here but in theory they would have had to come after we buried the egypt gate? Maybe scouts sent by Ra or another goa'uld to see what the planet was like? So the DHD must have still been connected to work and allow the dialing back?
              I'm sorry but am I the only one who appreciates how totally screwed we really are!?

Rodney you destroyed 3 quaters of a solar sytem!
              5 sixths, look it's not an exact science
              Do you ever give your ego a rest?!

Maybe my mind just conjoured you up for one last romp before i die
              *raises eyebrow*
              Ok, ok one first romp

Comment

Originally posted by nick05 View Post
                Correct me if I'm wrong but in the S6 episode Frozen, don't the research guys up in Antarctica, who have been digging around the site of the old gate say that they found the bodies of two frozen jaffa that are very old?

I may be being a little presumptuous here but in theory they would have had to come after we buried the egypt gate? Maybe scouts sent by Ra or another goa'uld to see what the planet was like? So the DHD must have still been connected to work and allow the dialing back?
                We never got any confirmation that the Jaffa dialled back, and seeing as the Giza gate was underground, the Antarctic one would not have needed to be connected to a DHD in order to receive an incoming wormhole
                Meh.

Comment

Working...
                X