This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post
    I actually liked the lack of background regarding whatever went on with Jack and the Tok'ra because it made the episode feel a bit more surreal (I also enjoy a few unanswered questions in some episodes, because it gives me something to think about after I've finished watching it). Although, I do think it could have been interesting if they had handled the SGC scenes differently, as you suggest. The SGC scenes do pale slightly compared to the wonderful Jack and Daniel scenes.
    Good point. Having all that happen all of a sudden does make you kind of go 'wtf if going on??'. In a good way.

Imagine if they'd set it entirely in that room, like a play with one long act. That would have been a real test of their acting chops, and I imagine we would have still been riveted the entire time. I'm sure Jack and Daniel have no lack of things to talk about and snark to spew.

Comment

Originally posted by fyere View Post
      Imagine if they'd set it entirely in that room, like a play with one long act. That would have been a real test of their acting chops, and I imagine we would have still been riveted the entire time. I'm sure Jack and Daniel have no lack of things to talk about and snark to spew.
      I never would have thought about that, but you're right... that would have been very interesting. Could have been very well done. In the little behind-the-scenes thing on the DVD, MS makes a joke about how they locked him in a little room with no props and told him to act... but considering how well both MS and RDA did with those circumstances, I have complete confidence that they would have been able to pull off the entire episode. They could have done some flashback things if necessary, as Jack explains to Daniel what little he remembers.

hmmm... now you've got me thinking. just because I love the episode, doesn't mean I can't acknowledge there would have been other wonderful ways for it to play out.
      Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
      Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

I chose "Descent". Most of the time, I see myself enjoying some of the other episodes better. However, when I really think about it, I have watched "Descent" more times than any other Season 6 episode.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The Changeling...it's about one of the only Teal'c episodes that I like. I just love how it's so different to the standard SG1 ep.
          sigpic

Comment

I loved "The Other Guys" I thought it was one of the funniest episodes in Season 6. Also Teal'c said the Canucks would win the Stanley Cup, which is my favorite hockey team. =P
            sigpic

Comment

Abyss has to be trhe best episode as you get a real insoght into Jack. Really good acting from RDA and Shanksy.
              Some say that he has only one ear.
              And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
              All we know is he's called
              sigpic

Comment

I previously posted that my pick is "Full Circle", but I honestly can't decide between that, "Allegiance", and "Abyss".
                sigpic
                Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

A bit of a no brainer, this one. Changeling is my all time Stargate favourite episode, so...

However they did have wonderful episodes in this one: Redemption, Abyss, Paradise Lost, Smoke & Mirrors, Alliegance, and yes: Sight Unseen!
                  Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                  Yes, I am!
                  sigpic
                  Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                  Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                  Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

My favorite episode of seaon 6 is "Abyss",
                    You have Daniel's small comeback &
                    we get to see into O'Neill's true character.

Comment

I had to go with changeling. Season six is really solid so it's hard to choose. But Changeling was the best peek we ever get into Teal'c's head. Having his girlfriend from crossroads as his wife was a nice continuity nod (even though crossroads is my least favorite episode of the series), and Jonas as the probie.

I miss Jonas...
                      "Enemies of the Ori show no mercy in their attempts to draw believers away from the path."
                      "Those who abandon the path are evil."
                      "Hallowed are the Ori!"

"Individuals who point the finger and assign blame based on nothing more than their gut instinct are ignorant at best, cretins at worst." -- Joseph Mallozzi

Comment

I have 3 faves(top 3):
                        1.Descent
                        2.Prophecy
                        3.Paradise Lost
                        these r all great episodes i cant choose lol

Made By Me.Pics from Gateworld Gallery.

Comment

It has to be Abyss. The acting in this episode was absolutely phenominal.
                          Some say that he has only one ear.
                          And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                          All we know is he's called
                          sigpic

Comment

Abyss. Absolutely no contest.
                            - Life after Stargate -
                            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                            sigpic

Comment

The Changeling. Chris' acting is awesome.
                              Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                              ---
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                                I previously posted that my pick is "Full Circle", but I honestly can't decide between that, "Allegiance", and "Abyss".
                                Forget everything I said before. My favorite is "Paradise Lost"!
                                sigpic
                                Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Working...
                                X