X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder how strong Nox weed is

The ones we met were the field tenders lol

C40
    So this is how the Stargate franchise was killed, not by guns or ships or knives.

But by;
    “There’s obviously a passionate audience for Atlantis and the characters of Atlantis. And yes, they’re absolutely going to continue in the movie franchise. But people need to mourn for a while and come to terms with it. I don’t anticipate that that will subside quickly. But once Universe is on air and they have kind of their next fix of the Stargate franchise, I think hopefully people will realize that it’s in safe hands at Sci Fi...

Comment

Well there weed is so strong it can make things seem like they are invisible lol

and make you think you can see giant flying citys

....... WAIT A MINUET..... they weren't technologically advanced they just got you high and told you s**t and make you see things lol
      sigpic

Comment

I have been rewatching some episodes, This race is interesting but for some reason extremely limited in its showing during the entire series. I hope that a
        future SG1 movie will involve them.

What do people think of the Nox?, They are the last known of the 4 races to exist. (I'm not counting the evil asgard since I feel they are not a part of the Civilasation that we know as Asgard anymore).

They are a conflicted race to me, they seem to be peaceful and wise, But on the other hand they stand by and save themselves while the entire galaxy was enslaved?. How can they be a moral race then?. Do they not have a moral obligation to do something to help in some way?. I know they do not consider violence an answer but couldnt they do something at all?.

-The Asgard did what they could but they were dying both from there own genetic problems, the fallout of the Ancient race ending (replicators) and yet they did what they could to the end.

-The (Physical) Ancients of course it has shown would have prevented events had they been able to defeat the wraith / or been able to rebuild after going back to the milky way.

-The Furlings left our part of the universe long ago, I assume that means long before the Goa'uld. They might be dead they might not who knows, but they most likely do not know current events.

All the other races have reasons out of their control but this one race, The Nox does nothing but save themselves... It reminds me of events in our history and they disgust me because of it.
        -----------------------------------------------------
        Nothings more important than your health... except your money!.

sigpic
        "As a matter of fact it does say Colonel on my uniform." - Colonel Danning

Comment

they are a selfish race, i have always wondered what they did during the ori arc.

Comment

Was it ever said the furlings left? i can't remember. I thought maybe they'd just locked themselves away and we've not found their planet yet. idno.
            Originally posted by Butlersgate View Post
            they are a selfish race, i have always wondered what they did during the ori arc.
            they sat on their invisible buts and watched as the galaxy was terrorized.
            I like them, they just don't do enough. and being pacifist isn't a reason to not at least help. they as bad as the ascended ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by Dodgified View Post
              they sat on their invisible buts and watched as the galaxy was terrorized.
              I like them, they just don't do enough. and being pacifist isn't a reason to not at least help. they as bad as the ascended ancients.
              agreed

Comment

Yeah, I know a violent answer is something they will never do. But surely an extremely advanced race that is considered one of the four. Could come up with something some way to help. I can't tell you where it was said but i'm pretty sure someone said something the furlings left for another unknown galaxy or something a long time ago.

Since they do nothing, doesnt this make them part of the problem?. Are they not frankly making themselves as bad?.

Remember even ascended ancients have the fear of corrupting themselves into being Ori
                to prevent them helping in any way that we are aware. I think daniel pointed out that interfering in a way we don't know they are is a no no and your going to be an outcast within the group. But its not going to get you banished and whatever else they want to do. Interfering directly and obviously thats getting you into some nasty punishment.

So even the ascended beings themselves have a better excuse to do nothing and infact seem to do more then The Nox.

Come to think about it where was the Nox when the Asgard needed help? what kind of allies are these guys?... I'd love to see them get into some kind of trouble one day and oh ok we'll ....hang on a minute... no sorry we are too young we'll help you in a couple thousand years (So hope that impending doom thing go's well until then!).
                Last edited by Yipster; 18 February 2009, 06:00 PM.

sigpic

Comment

well, i dont think they knew the ori were there anyways, they tend to keep to themselves and other mighty races whoo are not fond of war.

The nox are one of my favourite races and i'd love to see them return, but i highly doubt they will, other then maybe a line like "the nox refused to join our Milkyway alliance". My main reason of doubting is that they havent been mentioned since season 3 and everyone(including the writers) kinda forgot they were there. Otherwise the Nox would have fought the replicators

I hope TPTB dont pull another, "yeah, urm, they were destroyed by the ori" on us.

Comment

They can be annoying, but they're not nearly as bad as the Tollans.
                    sigpic "We do get paid for this, right?"

Comment

Yeah, the Tollans are a bit annoying, but they mean well. I think they're a reflection of what we might become if we had the knowledge, because they are willing to share to a certain extent, but are not willing to trust other "lower" races.
                      I love the fact that the Nox are so peaceful, but I am surprised that they didn't intervene with the Ori. Maybe they felt the same way as the Ancients. Or maybe they were just sticking to their principles.
                      This is my own sig of my fave character!

Comment

actually, if we asked the Tollan to send some sort of ambassador to use the tech on earth, i think they would accept

Comment

Speaking of the Tollan, see how many times they were warned and yet they didn't listen.

Is arrogance and being extremely Stuborn a major threat to a races survival?. I credit this thinking with the end destruction of the Tollan and I suspect the Nox suffer a near terminal case of the same condition. It did destroy the Ancients, the Asgard may even have shown this but I think the genetic problem made them wake up and be more open to outside help.

All these races have shown an alarming dependence on one key technology for survival,
                          The Nox are especially like the Tollan, did they not once think that if the gun tech was defeated they would be at the mercy of the goa'uld?... do the Nox not realise that if there illusion technology is overcome they will be just as helpless?...

Surely a ancient and wise race would know the benefit of not relying on one thing?.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yipster View Post
                            Is arrogance and being extremely Stuborn a major threat to a races survival?. I credit this thinking with the end destruction of the Tollan and I suspect the Nox suffer a near terminal case of the same condition. It did destroy the Ancients, the Asgard may even have shown this but I think the genetic problem made them wake up and be more open to outside help.
                            I think all the races were fairly content with the status quo in the galaxy in the beginning. The Tollen and Nox ignored the Goa'uld as long as they ignored them, the Asgard did pretty much the same when they weren't busy with the replicators, we never learned much about the Furlings, and the Ancients kept to their non-involvement policy.

I think once the Tau'ri got involved the dynamics in the galaxy changed faster than the other races could adapt to it, and the technology and tactics that worked for centuries started letting them down. But I think even Earth is now heading down a similar path with the over-reliance on Ancient tech to solve their problems.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                              I think once the Tau'ri got involved the dynamics in the galaxy changed faster than the other races could adapt to it, and the technology and tactics that worked for centuries started letting them down. But I think even Earth is now heading down a similar path with the over-reliance on Ancient tech to solve their problems.
                              Yes I believe it is a possible outcome for even the Tau'ri to become over reliant,
                              I think the Tau'ri are in a better position right now by using combination our own, Asgard , Ancient even Wraith and Goa'uld tech. But I would be concerned for the Tau'ri to get to a point where they become a one weapon wonder (for instance the chair could have easiliy become that crutch had it not been so depleted forcing them to find other defenses when possible).

It just seems that almost every great race good or evil in the stargate universe has in the end fallen due to arrogance and being extremely unwilling to change.

sigpic

Comment

The Nox are just like the Ancients, arrogant selfish people who wish to have ALL or no control over the universe!

Comment

Working...
                                X