This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
    Well Stargate Wiki has a non-canon reason for this that matches this quite well

Millennia ago Ra took Heliopolis from the remaining 3 Great Races (Ancients had gone) and in order to get an attack authorised (Since the Furlings did not have suuficient strengh to engage in a protracted war and the Nox were "fairly" pacifist) This attack was going to in one blow show the Goa'uld that they were not to be messed with-the Three races anhillated Ra's forces on Heliopolis with no loss to themselves. After this the Nox became completely pacifist.
    Yes, non-canon is right, since it was established in Torment of Tantalus (S.1) that the Goa'uld knew nothing of the existence of Heliopolis.

Stargate Wiki is the last place of reference I'd choose for information related to anything Stargate.
    Last edited by Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper; 30 December 2008, 05:59 PM.
    My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Ads View Post
      He could have aquired many things from Jonas but the naquadria was the biggie, could have been many more things.

The cloaked scout ship thing, well it has happened before when Zipcana sent death gliders to pursue Daniel and Selmak whilst the ship was cloaked. not the same situation but it can be done without probing Jonas's mind even then dont see how Jonas would have known how really

The Nox... they just want to live in peace and harmony and dont want to get involved in the actions you the young. well its their choice and they can defend themselves if need be, would be silly to argue they cant.
      Yes Anubis could have tracked them down but he could have tracked down other races we met too
      S6E14 Smoke and Mirrors: Jonas Q. was said to have read about all of SG-1 mission reports all except about Foothold till he learned about in that episode.

Yes Anubis could have tracked down other races, but the Nox were a technologically advanced race and a threat to the Goauld. He could have simply bombarded the planet from orbit. Hit or miss it would not matter to him just so long as the Nox's planet was turned into a smoldering ruin. He could maybe catch a few of them trying to escape and or permanently place troops on the planet till the Nox are all dead.

Comment

That's only if the Nox's city ship (thing) isn't out of phase but merely cloaked. Anubis could have destroyed the planet via orbit bombardment and got it radiated with some kind of radiation killing the Nox (assuming the cloak is like Atlantis when cloak is engaged, shield doesn't work, but if the Nox's cloak acts as a shield and a cloak, then that's different as the Nox could survive). The Nox could have uncontaminated the surface via their powers in the latter case.

If the city was out of phase, then it's probably self-sustaining city ship and even if Anubis destroys the planet and the planet is turned into an asteroid field, the city ship can still survive.

Ahh, so many lost potential either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper View Post
          Yes, non-canon is right, since it was established in Torment of Tantalus (S.1) that the Goa'uld knew nothing of the existence of Heliopolis.

Stargate Wiki is the last place of reference I'd choose for information related to anything Stargate.
          Is that story of Heliopolis from a Stargate Novel or is it someone just making it up?

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy View Post
            Possibly because, even though it was necessary, the loss of life was so awful for the Nox that they vowed never to take another life ever again, no matter what the reason, even if it meant sacrificing their own lives and civilisation?
            That's probably why.

Personally, I can't stand the Nox. They have sketchy hair. It was like one of those corny filler episodes from the 60's Star Trek. In some ways they're even worse than the Gou'ld for not standing up and defending others by helping to fight them. The Goauld were evil. They shouldn't feel bad about that. So really, I don't understand why everyone likes them. The Nox concept was created by earlier writers, and I don't think there's any hope that we'll see them again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
              Is that story of Heliopolis from a Stargate Novel or is it someone just making it up?
              I read it on the Stargate Wiki site:

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Heliopolis

I cringed when I read it. I've never read any Stargate novels so I can't say if it was from one of those or whether someone just took some creative liberties when writing it for the wiki site. The information is wrong nevertheless as Heliopolis was never charted by the Goa'uld.

Heliopolis, incidentally, is Ernest's planet from "Torment of Tantalus" (S.1)
              My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper View Post
                I read it on the Stargate Wiki site:

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Heliopolis

I cringed when I read it. I've never read any Stargate novels so I can't say if it was from one of those or whether someone just took some creative liberties when writing it for the wiki site. The information is wrong nevertheless as Heliopolis was never charted by the Goa'uld.

Heliopolis, incidentally, is Ernest's planet from "Torment of Tantalus" (S.1)
                Read the site and it seems to contradict Stargate fact. I guess someone is just having a fantasy period. There is no way the Goa'uld could stand up to the combined force of the Ancients, Asgard, Nox and the Furlings. Although we don't know much about the latters war capabilities the Ancients and the Asgard (assuming the replicators weren't around) would have wiped them out.

Comment

The Nox heard about all the super baddies like Anubis and then the Ori so they asked the Ewoks, oops I mean the Furlings if they wanted to have a mixer and they've been missing for a few years now.

Comment

We've had evil ancients(in a manner of speaking) and evil asgard it would be interesting given how little we've seen of what they can do, to see an evil nox or several to see what they're really capable of.

Comment

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
                      Read the site and it seems to contradict Stargate fact. I guess someone is just having a fantasy period. There is no way the Goa'uld could stand up to the combined force of the Ancients, Asgard, Nox and the Furlings. Although we don't know much about the latters war capabilities the Ancients and the Asgard (assuming the replicators weren't around) would have wiped them out.
                      Its indeed strange, they haven't got their facts right at all.

Comment

How about the Nox and the Furlings were doing some weird experiment, one of the Nox sneezed on something he shouldnt of done and wiped out the entire Furlings race..?

Comment

I searched and oddly did not find a thread about the Nox, one of my favorite races in Stargate.

They only appeared in a few episodes, yet they seem to be a much larger force than it appears. They are, after all, one of the four great races. Now that the Asgard are extinct (except for the renegades in Pegasus), it seems their superrace responsibilities are even greater.

I wonder if we'll ever seen the Nox again in any Stargate venue? We should I think.

I wonder if anyone has any idea why they've not appeared in any more episodes lately, as in has any of the producers said why they don't use the Nox?

Since they hide, perhaps the are all over the place, but are simply not seen? Perhaps they have huge spaceships hovering around Earth watching us constantly, but not interfering.

Perhaps the Furlings are the same way?

jtg

Comment

I would love to see them again but if the SGC did not hunt them down and ask for help with the ori then i dont think we will ever see them again.

Comment

Ha a possible movie? Stargate SG-1: The Nox We can only hope.

Comment

I doubt it. The Nox and Furlings are forgotten by the writers and must be revived with fanfic.
                                Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
                                sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                                X