This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
    OK, so the Ancients influenced the early Roams. And the Asgard built the Nose mitholoy, and the Goa'uld were at least partialy responsibe for Egyptian and early Japanese/Chineese mithology.

What did the Nox or the Furlings inspire?
    Tree Huggers and Teddy Bears
    Skate Zilla/Digital Overload

Comment

Originally posted by Skate Zilla View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Discotrash View Post
        Now that you mention it, I can't think of an example of a character stating explicitly that the Asgard adopted the personae of existing Norse gods, but I was under the impression that, like the Goa'uld, they had.

Do we have specific evidence to suggest that they introduced the Norse pantheon? I don't recall this being unequivocally put forward.
        I would believe the Norse mythology was based on the Asgard rather than the Asgard taking on the persona of human gods. The whole Asgard society is based in Norse culture. The individual Goa'uld had different images based on the beliefs of their slaves. It has never been stated outright, but it has been inferred.

Comment

*snort*

The Ewoks inspired the Furlings so perhaps in the crazy scheme of it all, the Furlings are their descendants...

Comment

Originally posted by kali1 View Post
            *snort*

The Ewoks inspired the Furlings so perhaps in the crazy scheme of it all, the Furlings are their descendants...
            The Asguard are decendants of the Cloners from Episode II
            Skate Zilla/Digital Overload

Comment

I Believe that the nox influenced south african and Nomadic/Gaia tribes and the furlings influenced Mayan. Watch episode 'Lost Paradise' and the design there is thought to be furling and that architecture is by far Mayan.
              Check Out:http://gateworldfleets.wikia.com/wiki/Gateworld_Fleets

Teal'c: Undomesticated Equines Couldn't Tear Me Away.

Comment

The Asguard are decendants of the Cloners from Episode II

works for me

Comment

IF the Furlings turn out to be the Giant Mist Aliens then they influenced Mayan Mythology.

Gate Rider AKA Abnormal on the Sanctuary fan forums.
                  Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

Originally posted by Morrolan View Post
                    I would believe the Norse mythology was based on the Asgard rather than the Asgard taking on the persona of human gods. The whole Asgard society is based in Norse culture. The individual Goa'uld had different images based on the beliefs of their slaves. It has never been stated outright, but it has been inferred.
                    I was thinking the same thing about the Go'auld. Which came first, them, or the Deities being worshiped? Could it have been the Go'auld and Asgard who created each of the "gods" who were them worshiped?

~Dave

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadil View Post
                      they seem to be similar to faeries of western European mythology
                      They are, people who live in hiding after their land was invaded (nox pacifism?), possibly living across the wetern sea (ties in with native American spirit worship).

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
                      Spirits covers the native american stuff
                      No those took on the froms of already existing gods.

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
                      Ancient Africans maybe?
                      Possibly, but I don't think so, their mithology lacks naythig to really tie in to the nox.

Originally posted by Morrolan View Post
                      Thor's hammer for one, then the Beliskner, Thor himself, etc. These are clearly real Asgard things that have been romanticised by Humans.

Originally posted by Nyrde View Post
                      I Believe that the nox influenced south african and Nomadic/Gaia tribes and the furlings influenced Mayan. Watch episode 'Lost Paradise' and the design there is thought to be furling and that architecture is by far Mayan.
                      I never really noticed that, could the Smoke Aliens be the furings? Or were they just incorporated by the Mayans into their existing system of beliefs?

Comment

OK, so the Ancients influenced the early Roams. And the Asgard built the Nose mitholoy, and the Goa'uld were at least partialy responsibe for Egyptian and early Japanese/Chineese mithology.

What did the Nox or the Furlings inspire?
                        Excellent question, CT! I have been wanting to see a thread that discusses the Nox and their influences.

Although i am very much a Wraith fan, i think that the Nox are where the real power lies. I do not think the Ancients are very highly ascended. But the Nox have the powers and characteristics of people who are truly very spiritually and technologically advanced but disguising, not flaunting, the fact. They live simple life styles, respect the natural universe, and i'll bet their tech is completely "green".

They do not seem to be meddlers. They respect other people's right to do as they see fit. If they influenced Earth, those characteristics are very prominent, as wkw427 noted, in northern Native American cultures.

They are more advanced than the Ancients and perhaps much older. (BTW, did anyone actually prove that the Ancients developed the star-gate technology? I don't remember.)

And BTW, a very happy holiday season to everyone!

Comment

Yeah I would love to see a show or even webisodes which explore all the races, and stories that SG1 left unfinished...... More encounters with the nox for example.....
                          I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by keeperofthehive View Post
                            They are more advanced than the Ancients and perhaps much older. (BTW, did anyone actually prove that the Ancients developed the star-gate technology? I don't remember.)

And BTW, a very happy holiday season to everyone!
                            Ark of Truth, in the Prologue Amelius shows somebody else one of his journal entries that clearly shows a gate and the seven point coordinate system.

Comment

Ark of Truth, in the Prologue Amelius shows somebody else one of his journal entries that clearly shows a gate and the seven point coordinate system.
                              Thank you for finding that.

Comment

Originally posted by keeperofthehive View Post
                                Thank you for finding that.
                                No problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X