Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a difficult one this, I mean from what we've seen they are obviously a highly advanced race, they had to be in order to be a member of the four races alliance.
    From what the Nox have said in the episode the Nox (season 1 of SG1) they may have never fought a war or any kinds of battles.
    Anteaus of the Nox says to O'Neill "Our ways have served us for as long as our people have lived (being pacifists)", so I think from that we can gather that they really have no need for weaponry as far as their technological level goes I don't think it can be compared to the Asgard as they seem to be so different with their own unique approaches.

The Nox probably study nature, perhaps have harnessed some high level of life energy (I'm thinking perhaps Chi) as Opher says to Daniel "We get life from the forest, from everything", so medically they can keep their people healthy with completely natural methods.

As far as cloaking or levitating their city(s) it may be that they do this with their minds, with some kinds of psychic powers, either that or they get the power they need from similar plant methods to the 'Destroyer of Worlds' (Prisoner season 2 of SG1), maybe even some kind of Zero Point power source although they don't necessarily need that kind of power source to hide, shield, power a city or levitate it though.

In conclusion I haven't got a clue but they're probably very advanced indeed.

Comment

You can't really compare. The Asgard are more like us. The majority of their tech is geared toward war. While the Nox don't fight at all so it's assumable that they have no weapons tech at all.

'happiness is a warm gun' sig made by Bandcat
      Draco sig made by Spork67

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
        ... but canonically, all we know for sure is that they're very highly-evolved and have a level of technology giving them floating (not flying, like Atlantis) cities. They may not be that powerful, really.
        The Nox seem to eat only fruit and sap, so I don't imagine they take life at all. Given their proclivity to pacifism, it's doubtful they've created weapons of any kind, but I suspect they're very powerful. As Linea pointed out in "Prisoners", there are many forms of power.

As for their possessing any form of technology, we know that they were able to receive a transmission from the Tollan, but they may have been able to do this by other means—just as they are somehow able to activate the Stargates without the use of DHDs. We can only speculate.
        sigpic

Comment

i cant imagine the nox even making weapons as they belive in peace,were the asguard have made weapons and ships etc to protect there selfs,they dont go looking for trouble they are purley defencive,so the nox and the asguard have that in common,i surpose the nox like to keep there selfs to there selfs were the asguard do not
          sigpicIts Scary To Think Of A Mix Between These To Isnt It

Comment

Originally posted by Jaffa-master View Post
            Do you belive that the nox tech are powerfull as the aasgard thec?
            Have the ships?
            Are the invisble bird a ship?
            i dont think they have ship or some weapons thec what so ever like we saw in the first episode they are so peaceful they whould not even kill to defent them self and i dont think they are much trying to upgrade ther thec. and because they are so peaceful i often wonder how chould they be one of the four races

Comment

ehhh the NOX....a bunch of pu$$ie$ if u ask me...they just put them in as a plot device...idk...idc abut the NOX much...

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                Well, in my own fan creations, I imagine the Nox to be as powerful as the other Alliance races... but canonically, all we know for sure is that they're very highly-evolved and have a level of technology giving them floating (not flying, like Atlantis) cities. They may not be that powerful, really.
                how do wwe know that they are not like atlantis lol to have ships hovering like that would take an immence power source probably near zpm level, i think its quite clear that we know nowt about the nox except that they are probably very near acension and a lot more advanced then us, the asgard were more focused on technology so they are probably more advanced that way hahahahahaha i love those guys
                Captain Simms

Comment

Originally posted by captain simms View Post
                  how do wwe know that they are not like atlantis lol to have ships hovering like that would take an immence power source probably near zpm level, i think its quite clear that we know nowt about the nox except that they are probably very near acension and a lot more advanced then us, the asgard were more focused on technology so they are probably more advanced that way hahahahahaha i love those guys
                  An anti-gravity drive could keep it levitating. Making a city break orbit and enter hyperspace is far more impressive than keeping one floating, if you ask me.
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

that assumes anti-grav is harder than hyperspace tech

i think the nox ( and they even proved it ) are far more advanced than people give them credit for.

we have seen asgard use hand/wrist devices to open a stargate. we have seen the nox do it without any visible technology.

we have seen gouald/ancient methods of reviving dead humans using sarcophogi or the cube. we have seen the nox revive dead humans/jaffa simply by having 3 of them perform a ceremony without any obvious tech.

we have seen people go "invisible" through various methods of biological or technological methods. we have seen the nox make things invisible at will

its all a question of which do you think is more "powerful". those that use technology, or those that do it without techology. i say the latter tbh. we know that before the ancients ascended they were able to do many things by sheer will. mayhaps the nox are at the level where they could ascend if they wish.

Comment

Originally posted by Murzin View Post
                      that assumes anti-grav is harder than hyperspace tech

i think the nox ( and they even proved it ) are far more advanced than people give them credit for.

we have seen asgard use hand/wrist devices to open a stargate. we have seen the nox do it without any visible technology.

we have seen gouald/ancient methods of reviving dead humans using sarcophogi or the cube. we have seen the nox revive dead humans/jaffa simply by having 3 of them perform a ceremony without any obvious tech.

we have seen people go "invisible" through various methods of biological or technological methods. we have seen the nox make things invisible at will

its all a question of which do you think is more "powerful". those that use technology, or those that do it without techology. i say the latter tbh. we know that before the ancients ascended they were able to do many things by sheer will. mayhaps the nox are at the level where they could ascend if they wish.
                      That is a very valid point, and I agree with you completely. This topic though is about technological power. So we really can't know unless we get to know them better we can't really know.

'happiness is a warm gun' sig made by Bandcat
                      Draco sig made by Spork67

Comment

Have the ships?
                        no clue but i do know the nox have branches coming out of there hair
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Have the ships?
                          Yes. They have the most advanced mastery of invisibility and long healthy lifespans. They probably were the first race to accomplish these. I often think that's probably why the Ancients, Asgard and Furlings made a pact with them in the first place.
                          StarshineRoxie
                          A woman that allows herself the balance of cool wisdom and strength of heart.
                          sigpic

Comment

One thing should be pointed out however, Evolution to the extent of making things invisible and bring back the dead, is not the same as technology. Granted its very powerful in itself but the question was who was the more powerful technology, so your looking at sheilds and weapons above all else.

agree with what people are saying about us not knowing anything about nox technology though, we dont know anything so i guess you cannot speculate

Comment

Have the ships?
                              They are maybe not as technologically advanced as the Asgard but they are much further along on the evolutionary tree.

They may have ships but we didn't see them. All we saw was a floating city on one part of the planet. Maybe they had ships on another part of the planet.

It's a bird that the Nox cloak to protect it.

Comment

It's not easy to compare the Nox to other races. For one, their population is probably really low compared to other races. They're isolationist so they probably don't have many planets and the planet they do have seems very sparsely populated. The Asgard are more comparable to humans, their numbers might have even been close to human population.

Just look at that thing, there could be hundreds of millions of Asgard in that city alone.

As a result of these differences, the Nox aren't going to need the same kinds of technologies that the Asgard need. The Nox may be able to survive relying only on foraging while the Asgard probably needed to develop agricultural technology to feed its population. The Nox won't need the resources and technology required to shelter a large population. The Nox won't have to colonize new planets to meet the resource demands of their population. The Nox won't need sophisticated communication technology if they don't occupy a large sector of space.

Comment

Working...
                                X