This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
    ...mass-debates(funny if you say it fast)...
    This is hilarious!!! Greened

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
      The Nox were interesting* but would they really have a logical reason to be brought up in Atlantis?

"Hello young humans living in Atlantis. We're on our vacation and were in the area and thought we'd stop by. Do you have any important questions about our technology/culture/politics that you'd like to ask?"

*What else would you call someone who used moss for a hat but was technologically advanced enough to build a floating, cloaked city and revive the dead?
      but isn't it possible that the nox, like the ancients and asgard, did not originate on our planet? the nox we saw could have just been part of a colony.
      Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
      sigpic

Comment

It seems like the could have gone a lot deeper with the plot line of the Nox. i do think they should show up in Atlantis. so many questions seemed unanswered in SG-1. For example: was their neutrality due to a belief system or was caused by a mistake they made in the past, much like the Tollan? that could've explained why the Tollan and the Nox were on good terms with each other, because the Nox could sympathize with them. Also how advanced was their technology? was their ability to make things invisible natural, or do to some sort of genetic engineering? did the learn their healing ability from the Ancients or the other way around? I think they could have shown some Nox politics as well, i mean it must've been hard staying neutral while everyone around you was under attack. does anyone else agree with me?
        Thats hippies for you. Theyre the first to tell you what to eat and do but when it comes to fighting they hide and let you die. /endcartmanbot

Comment

but isn't it possible that the nox, like the ancients and asgard, did not originate on our planet? the nox we saw could have just been part of a colony.
          The Nox on that planet being just a colony is believable, but there's nothing to indicate that they were from Pegasus. In fact, Pegasus was essentially empty when the Ancients arrived there millions of years ago.

Comment

yeah but that leads to mass-debates(funny if you say it fast). for example, the furlings, there's a huge debate on if the crystral skull aliens or the spirit aliens were them. it gets a little annoying when that happens
            So your motiviation for suggesting that the Nox are revisted is to prevent online debates that are annoying? Don't you realize that their appearance would spark MORE annoying debates? Should it have been done? Should it have been done differently? Do we like what we were told? etc. etc. etc.

I think that would be a bad reason for TPTB to do anything in the first place, but it wouldn't stop the debates either. They are never ending.
            The Characters from Bloom County were located to another world where they could live in Peace and avoid the wrath of Jeanne Kirkpatrick.

Here's a photo of Bill the Cat hanging out by the gate waiting for more partying supplies:

Comment

Originally posted by BloomGate View Post
              So your motiviation for suggesting that the Nox are revisted is to prevent online debates that are annoying? Don't you realize that their appearance would spark MORE annoying debates? Should it have been done? Should it have been done differently? Do we like what we were told? etc. etc. etc.

I think that would be a bad reason for TPTB to do anything in the first place, but it wouldn't stop the debates either. They are never ending.
              but this way the writers could come up with a conclusive answer to the annoying debates. for example: if the nox did show up in atlantis, this thread would cease to be, thus ending a debate
              Last edited by tombombadil; 01 February 2008, 10:04 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                The Nox on that planet being just a colony is believable, but there's nothing to indicate that they were from Pegasus. In fact, Pegasus was essentially empty when the Ancients arrived there millions of years ago.
                there's also nothing to say the ancients didn't inform the nox of pegasus. although, they probably wouldn't in order to protect them from wraith
                sigpic

Comment

The writers are not going to writer the Nox into Atlantis or a movie just to satisfy a few fans curiosity.

Comment

If the re'tu had been part of the alliance of 4 then everyone would be demanding more re'tu eps... Fact is alot of things were brought up and then forgotten about in stargate, the nox aren't unique in this respect. Re'ol, foothold aliens, gadmeer etc etc, ever stop to think it might be left open for a reason?
                    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

What most people are saying is true. It would be good to see them in another storyline to find out more about them and what they are like, how they live etc. It would also end alot of debates about them like this one for example, about how the politics are, etc. But then that way we may not like the storyline they are put in.

Personally I think they should put them in an SG1 film as they said that they will be making more SG1 films if the first 2 go well.

However, answering some of your questions, I actually think they could have shared quite a bit of knowledge with the Ancients as Im not sure but didnt the Nox city look a similar type to Atlantis? Ill have to look at that one.

Comment

The SG Wikia gives the name of the Nox Homeworld as "Gaia".
                        I was wondering since I can't remember Gaia ever being mentioned in the series, (and apparently, neither can David (editor of the omnipedia), normal wikipedians or even the solutions editors, as Gaia would be the name there aswell), where the hell did it come from?

In a TPTB blog?
                        Pulled out of the editor's arse?
                        In the official magazine? (actually I remember seeing something about the Nox in my friend's magazine, must remember to check)

ETA: This was another instance which shows the flawed system of the search feature as you can not search "Nox" because it is less than 4 characters.
                        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

i recall no such thing mentioned in SG-1
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                            The SG Wikia gives the name of the Nox Homeworld as "Gaia".
                            I was wondering since I can't remember Gaia ever being mentioned in the series, (and apparently, neither can David (editor of the omnipedia), normal wikipedians or even the solutions editors, as Gaia would be the name there aswell), where the hell did it come from?

In a TPTB blog?
                            Pulled out of the editor's arse?
                            In the official magazine? (actually I remember seeing something about the Nox in my friend's magazine, must remember to check)

ETA: This was another instance which shows the flawed system of the search feature as you can not search "Nox" because it is less than 4 characters.
                            The thing is that you cant trust wiki for any thing no matter what the subject.
                            Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

"Gaia" is Greek for "Earth" or "Mother Nature," so I doubt it. They wouldn't call their homeworld Earth...
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                                "Gaia" is Greek for "Earth" or "Mother Nature," so I doubt it. They wouldn't call their homeworld Earth...
                                Or the writers just thought we wouldnt know the difference.
                                Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Working...
                                X