Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They said in an episode, can't remember it right now, but I think his pouch is in the process of closing or has closed by now. And besides the pouch gene they get there is also the gene to make their immune system stop working by a certain time in their life. It is possible that the immune system stops working and the pouch has to be cut into them thus allowing a symbiot to enter, the pouch may not be genetic.

They really need to release a book called "The Life and Death of the Average Jaffa".
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
      Yes. I watched the episode.

It's a moot point because Ryac was sick with SOMETHING, he'd already commenced the implantation ceremony by the time Teal'c stopped him. Teal'c would have known that at that time his son would have died. Furthermore, Ry'ac was infected with a scarlet fever equivilent, NOT sickness from no implantation from a symbiote. He would have died had he not been given Teal'c's symbiote, simply because he was so grievously ill, not because the lack of symbiote was specific to the illness.

There was nothing to suggest that had Ry'ac not had this illness, he would have become ill from the lack of a symbiote, that's pure speculation.
      I just said that. When they become of age, their immune system erases itself. Thats what the Goa'uld did when they messed with their dna.

Pure speculation? I dont think you would live very long without an immune system. Theres a real disease like that if you haven't heard of it.
      Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
        Teal'c is from Chulak
        Actually he isnt (Fair Game season3 ep 3) he tells daniel how he was exiled to chulak so he wasnt originally born there

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
          I just said that. When they become of age, their immune system erases itself. Thats what the Goa'uld did when they messed with their dna.

Pure speculation? I dont think you would live very long without an immune system. Theres a real disease like that if you haven't heard of it.
          It's pure speculation because you have nothing to assert your claim that there was any genetic manipulation at all other than the episode Birthright which clearly points out that those Jaffa were an exception to the rest.

Sure Ry'ac would become sick without an immune system. He can also become sick with one.

Do you really think Teal'c would think his son could survive without a symbiote if that were the case?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I'm sure the living longer, more strength, and the kangaroo pouch doesn't mean they were manipulated.

He first wanted his son to be free, so much so that he was blinded to the fact that he really did need the symbiote to survive. So he ended up giving his.
            Visit my Website

Comment

I'm sure the living longer, more strength, and the kangaroo pouch doesn't mean they were manipulated.

He first wanted his son to be free, so much so that he was blinded to the fact that he really did need the symbiote to survive. So he ended up giving his.
              kangaroo pouches are on the outside of their bodies, a jaffa's pouch is clearly goes inside the body
              Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
              sigpic

Comment

Have ya SEEN the healing powers of a symbiote?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Maybe they're born with pouches, but they need to be cut open to use them?

Comment

People, your forgetting about hathor, didn't she give jack a pouch when she took over the sgc

so i think, pouches are created at prim'ta ceremony, genetics make immune system go bye bye at puberty.

in closing, like someone said before, pouches are like earings, jack was healed, tealc is not

Comment

i agree with sinfuldraconis
                      in Affinity it shows teal'c with no top on he has no pouch so it has probly closed up or has gone completly

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
                        Maybe they're born with pouches, but they need to be cut open to use them?
                        Something like losing your prim'tah-virginity?
                        La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
                        L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Working...
                        X