No announcement yet.

Don S. Davis: 1942-2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am saddened and will miss Don S. Davis, He played his role as a general great! Hammond of texas will be greatly missed in the forthcoming stargate adventures - but we have him forever on disk and within.

Comment

A lovely, wonderful man taken too soon. Thank you Mr. Davis, safe journey and godbless.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
        There is no memorial page for Don at this point, but we did pass along the suggestion to his rep. She will check with his family to see if it is something they would like to have.
        Thanky you.
        SGU: Their Only Mission is Survival

Indeed.
        Who knew that this was to take literally!

Forever my team:

Comment

I only just found out today, it fills me with a great sadness for his Don and his family.
          Don will always be remember as a great actor and good man.

die smilies

i hate bullies

the fate of the world is hanging in the balance and your've been sitting in your truck finishing this?
          i believe it was double or nothing.
          ok, 3 letters, 23 across, the atomic weight of boron, the answer is 10.
          yes.
          you wrote the word fat.
          your point?

proud supporter/player of stargatewars- ask me if you want my help joining.
          http://www.stargatewars.com/recruit....d=vq1188723458

Comment

More from actor sites....

Michael Shanks site

http://www.michaelshanks-online.com/news/index.shtml

Richard Dean Anderson site

http://rdanderson.com/updates/news.htm#davis

Comment

I was deeply saddened to hear of Don's passing. He will be remebered by many not only as an actor, but also as a kind and warm hearted man who touched all those who had the pleasure of meeting him. Unfortunatly it was only after his passing that I learned of his other artistic talents, such as his wonderful painting, drawings and sculptures. He will be sorely missed and my thoughts go out to his friends and family during this difficult time.
              sigpic

Comment

Wow I was totally surprised when I heard this sad news today. You will be missed, Mr. Davis. Condolences to his family, friends and colleagues.

Blue
                Hero worship is only a part time job

Comment

I was deeply saddened to hear of Don Davis' untimely passing. He was taken way too soon, and will be missed. I will always associate him as the character of General Hammond. No one could step into those shoes! Godspeed Don.

Comment

I had the pleasure of meeting Don a few years ago. He was such a sweet, genuine, lovely man, with a voice that was made to be listened to. He would telling stories and whether you got the context or not, it didn't matter, theres just something about his voice that made you want to listen. He treated everyone with warm, open respect and a smile with a glint in his eye. I felt like I was meeting a long lost granpa rather then an actor I barely knew. I'm not usually one to be affected by a 'celebrities' death simply for the fact I didn't know them personally, but I am greatly saddened to hear this news especially as Don was far, far too young to pass on. My deepest condolences to his lovely wife Ruby, and the rest of his friends and family.

Sleep well and be at peace Don, we'll miss you!

Comment

I never met Don nor knew him yet I've enjoyed his portrayal of Hammond every episode since the beginning of Stargate and his work has brightened many hours of my life.

For me, Don's Hammond will always be my favourite SGC Commander.

My sincerest condolences to his family.
                      sigpic
                      Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                      My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Very sad news and a great loss for the Stargate franchise. My condolences to his friends and family. Resquiat in pace.

(Although theoretically it's not so much goodbye as it is a see (a version of) you around. If not in this universe, then maybe in the next or perhaps in one of the many possible worlds filling up Hilbert space.)
                        Et populus improbos in divino iudicio vestro tradibit,
                        ubi pecamina illorum in pondera pendibuntur
                        cum omnibus iustis ac veris. – E Libro Originis

Comment

I was finally able to get the video tribute on the GW front page to play. Very well done indeed.

Comment

Stargate fandom had known he had on-off health problems going back to '03. It's one of the reasons why he had already semi-retired from acting.

Hammond, well, he was written out SG1 at the end of Season 7. The show carried on to S10 but the writers were never really able to replace him. You knew that he was the guy in charge of the SGC, the man human and friendly alien alike respected. And yet you also knew he cared for his troops, in a way he reminded me of my secondary school headmaster, capable of discipline and kindness alike.

Don, well, I saw him at a few conventions and have his autograph somewhere. A Southern rambler(he talked one hell of a lot), slightly goofy, maybe part of him never really 'got' fandom. The story of how he and his wife Ruby got together was a good laugh. He wanted her, she wanted him. He didn't get that she wanted him...untill she took him into the kitchen of Teryl Rothery(Dr Janet Frasier)'s place...and stuck her tounge down his throat!

For the first five minutes after I heard of his death, a brief chat between him and I at the SG6 convention back in '03 started looping...including him telling me about a son he had called Matt who was in the US Navy.

The wierd thing is, Hammond makes an appearance in Continuum. It won't be released on till August.

I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Wow, this shocked the heck out out of me. Sad, sad news. RIP, Mr. Davis. You will be missed.

At least we have one more Stargate adventure with Don to look forward to.

Comment

My sincere condolences to family and friends of Don S Davis. I'm stunned by this loss to the Stargate franchise. General Hammond is/was my favorite SGC Base Commander, and only Don Davis could pull this off with his prior military experience. God Speed and Rest in Peace Mr. Davis.

General Hammond isn't gone....he's Ascended

Comment

Working...
                                X