No announcement yet.

Don S. Davis: 1942-2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would GLADLY wait for Continuum so they could add something for him (so it's not next year in the third movie).

Comment

I just want to add that when I get into one of those morbid depressed moods, the thought has occurred to me more than once that the people I grew up watching on television - news castors, actors, and musicians that I pay attention to - will all be gone before me. It's inevitable. They're all at least twice my age. The thought struck home for the first time a couple of weeks ago when Tim Russert died.

And yet, as many times as the thought occurred to me, Don never factored in and now I know why. He was just too vibrant of a person, too passionate and too much in love with life to - well to put it bluntly - to be old enough to be worried about death! Heck, I wouldn't have guessed he was quite 65, despite the fact that I knew the crew had had to confine his scenes to a chair for a while once because he needed to take it easy. He had a wisdom and sensibility more than worthy of all those years, but with everything else he seemed as wide eyed, eager and fascinated as a 6 year old.

I've almost cried myself dry. Almost.

Comment

A great actor and a wonderful man. He will be missed. I will light a candle in his honour.

Blessed Be

Gem

THUNKALICIOUS

Comment

Don was a brilliant actor, dedicated to acting and I can't believe he's gone. He will be missed.

RIP Don.

Comment

Its very sad to hear about Don S. Davis. He was a really good actor and will be missed extremly.
            R.I.P Don S. Davis and Hammond of Texas

Comment

GODSPEED Hammond Of Texas

Rest In Peace Don S. Davis, my condolences to his family & loved ones
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

I only found out today, and I must say it came as a shock. Hammond was a great character that brought much to the show, and Davis was a great actor. I am deeply saddened now that we won't be able to see anymore of him. My condolences to his family and friends, and Godspeed

Comment

R.I.P. Don

Why? It makes no sense. I was never blessed with meeting you. You did come to a con in my city, although I never had the courage to meet you. That is my loss/regret. It is unfortunate that you are remembered for SG1. Although you left a great legacy there, your life sems to have been about giving. There are numerous tributes already posted about how you looked out for people even when you really didn't need to. You were a father figure to many, myself included.

I recall when there was a natural disaster in Australia (I am from NZ) General Peter Cosgrove was put in charge of the recovery effort. Various media personalities commented on how his management abilities as well as his personal skills. He was/is the closest thing I have have come across to a real life General Hammond.

I can also recall Amanda saying in a commentary how much she missed you, how the timber in your voice just made her so sad. My heart goes out to her now, as it does to your family (Ruby especially), as well as Teryl, and I'm sure the many more I don't know about.

As I said, it is a shame you are mostly remembered for SG1. You were so much more than that. A painter, a teacher, a warrior, a husband, a protector as well as an actor. You've always had that indefineable 'X' factor. I can only hope you've gone to a better place. You deserve to. I admire you Don S. Davis, for both the man you were and the man you make me want to be

R.I.P.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hammond was a character that inspired me as I grew up with the show as something of a childhood hero, and remained a favourite over the years. I'm sad that I'll no longer see any more of Don S. Davis.

RIP

Comment

God rest his soul.

I hope he is at peace and my prayers are with his family and friends.

I have always loved Hammond and fo rme - he has been the best General out of everyone else!

"You have a go!"

He seemed to be a very warm and sweet person - I think the world is now missing a true gem.

Again - I hope his family stay strong - Miss you Hammond of Texas
                      sigpicFreebie pics/gifs by sweetsamurai: photobucket.com (username: sweetsamurai - password: stargate200)

Comment

Is there a memorial already created for him at the American Heart Association?
                        SGU: Their Only Mission is Survival

Indeed.
                        Who knew that this was to take literally!

Forever my team:

Comment

Originally posted by Siba View Post
                          Is there a memorial already created for him at the American Heart Association?
                          I've looked, and there doesn't seem to be.

sigpic

Comment

I was sad to hear of his passing.

He totally owned the character of Hammond, and his portrayal was my favorite of the SGC commanders.

SG1 has been on so long, everyone feels like family.

My heart aches and goes out to Don's wife, family, and his many friends.
                            Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                            Quint Studer

Comment

Oh my.. Hammond of Texas!

I've only just heard and I came right over here to pay my respects. I was so upset to hear the news. He was one of my favourite actors.

Don S. Davis was a legend and he will be sorely missed.
                              Rest in piece Don S. Davis. You will not be forgotten.

~JB
                              Someone notices you. Someone somewhere notices you the second you walk into a room. Find them. Because they’re waiting for you. Waiting for you to turn your head, say hello, and make their day the way you’ve made every single one of theirs. Find them.

Comment

Awe man... yet another good actor is gone. And worse yet, this is one i was way into from all his SG1 episodes... He was imo a good part of why the early seasons held together so well, as he MADE the others mesh well. He will be sorely missed.

Comment

Working...
                                X