No announcement yet.

Don S. Davis: 1942-2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very sad loss. i never met him but he seemed to very nice man. He will be sadly missed
    sigpic
    Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
    Metal gear fan

Comment

Wow.. completely shocking to read that this morning. We all knew that had health issues, but at 65 - he has been taken from us too early.

He set an extremely high standard for a Commanding Officer role in the Stargate universe. A number have followed him, but have never equalled him. Nobody could fill his sizeable shoes, as O'Neill said.

It was a pleasure to have him in our homes over the years. Looking forward to seeing his final Stargate appear, even if it will be with a tear in our eyes.

Rest In Peace.

Comment

This news truelly saddened my day.
        My codolances go out to Don's family, friends and everyone who loved and admired him.

He was an awesome actor and came acroos as a fantastic person, eventough I never had the honor of meeting him.

Don, you shall be missed by many, many people all over the world.
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Couldn't believe the news when I opened up GW today.
          R.I.P. Don, my condolances to all his family and friends. He will be very sadly missed by us all
          meh

Comment

I just heard this news and I'm in complete shock.
            He was, still, really young! This news is so very sad.
            General Hammond was one of my favorite characters on SG-1.
            Rest In Peace, Don S. Davis! You will be greatly missed.

Comment

RIP Don. Godspeed.

Comment

When I heard about this this morning, I started to wibble. He will be so missed, as he was such a strong character, both in the show, and IRL.

Godspeed, Mr Davis. You now truly travel among the stars.
                Life's tough... It's tougher if you're stupid.

Comment

rip don you will be missed

Comment

Originally posted by generaloneill View Post
                    rip don you will be missed
                    I feel like I lost a really good friend. He will always be remembered as the best commander of the SGC.

Comment

Thoughts and prayers go out to Don his family and friends. Really wish I could have had the honour to meet him shake his hand and thank him for his work.

Comment

R.I.P Don S. Davis

You played a big role to make stargate a great show. You will be missed

I wich a had been a luky one and haved the plesure of meeting him

My condolences to his family and friends
                        Last edited by ha'tak_; 01 July 2008, 07:15 AM.

Comment

One of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet.

Goodnight Don.
                          sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Rip
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

I have some great memories of Don at conventions - and luckily some great photos of him with all of us. A lovely man that I was really hoping to meet again.

diane

Comment

I was very sad when I heard this this morning. I have never had the chance to meet him, but from what I've read and heard he was an amazing man, and I know he was an amazing actor. He portrayed Hammond in such a way that everyone loved the character. He will be greatly missed.

My condolances and thoughts go out to his family and friends.
                                Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
                                Save Our Seeker!
                                LotS on LJ.

Comment

Working...
                                X