X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanx alot for responding

Comment

Michael Shanks signed a three-year contract, then a two-year contract to star as "Dr. Daniel Jackson." Durring Season 5, Shanks felt his character was going through the motions and no longer needed by SG-1, so he asked to leave the show. This lead to his near-death and ascension in "Meridian." Michael Shanks returned for the season finale, "Revelations," to voice Thor.

When the show returned for Season 6, Shanks agreed to guest appearances so long as he liked the script. This lead to him guest starring in "Abyss," "The Changeling," and "Full Circle." He also provided the voice of Thor in "Descent," "Prometheus," "Unnatural Selection," and "Disclosure."

When the show was renewed for Season 7, Richard Dean-Anderson requested less screen time so he could spend more time with his daughter in Las Angelas (the show is filmed in Canada). This combined with the "Bring Back Daniel Jackson" campaign lead the producers to approach Michael Shanks and ask him to return. Under the conditions that he'd have a little more screen time, a larger role, and greater acting challenges, Michael Shanks returned to SG-1 in "Fallen."

Comment

Thanks. I always wondered why he left. I remember watching Meridan, and I didn't think he'd really die...I wasn't happy when he did, believe me. lol

He's by far my fav character.
        If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked long ago...

Spoiler:
        "I miss Thor..."

Baal: He's tiny - have him squeeze through the bars
        Teal'c: Assist us or I will squeeze you through these bars...

Oberoth: Lower your weapons.
        Lt. Col. Sheppard: [not moving] How much lower would you like ‘em?

[Zelenka gives, in Czech, a poetic description of the rising of Atlantis]
        Lt. Ford: You didn’t say anything that would require security clearance, did you?
        Dr. Zelenka: Security clearance?

Comment

*Cough* That's ancient history, we don't talk about that around here.
          Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
          Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
          Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
          - Serenity

Comment

Why did his character leave in Season 6? Was it creative differences or personal reasons?

Comment

personal reasons wanted a rest from the show to be with his family
              sigpic

Comment

Was just creative differences i think he felt he wasnt used enough or something. Im glad he came back though.

Comment

Working...
                X