Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I heard it he threw a strop over lack of character development and/or story lines for Daniel and went off to pursue other projects, notably a dire sci fi film of his own called Sumuru.
    Then when the fangirlies started bring back Daniel petitions and generally lobbying for his return, and hot on the heels of his remarkable lack of success with Sumuru, he came back.
    sigpic
    "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

erm, he did appear on season 6, but he was ascended so not many stories of him on that season

Comment

Creative difference was one of the reasons. He wanted to spread his wings a bit and try other things. Of course he returned a year later - thank god for that.
        Welcome to GW!!
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

So like a lot of actors, he thought he was bigger than his britches, and upon realizing that he was not, he decided to come back to his meal-ticket.

brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by Canuckistan
            So like a lot of actors, he thought he was bigger than his britches, and upon realizing that he was not, he decided to come back to his meal-ticket.

brilliant
            Yup. Welcome to the Forum BTW
            sigpic
            "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Canuckistan
              Does anyone know what brought about Michael Shank not being in the cast of SG1 during Season 6? was he holding out for money? sick? try his hand at other ventures?

just curious
              we may not really ever know but but some say that he left to be with his new baby

he felt Daniel wasn't be development enough and the character wasn't important anymore
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

he was really never gone, he had tons of appearances and qwas te voice of thor

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess
                  Actually, it was Michael who wanted to leave. His contract was up and he wanted to try other things. So the writers wrote him out. Then the fans revolted and demanded him back. So, the PTB offered him more money and he came back. At least, that is the version I read in the media.
                  This is one of a few different accounts that I've read...but there are others that paint a little different picture as to why he left and why he returned. I know it's been discussed on GW before though so rather than rehash it, I'll just suggest you (the original author of this thread) do a search for the topic and see the varying perspectives and decide for yourself what you want to believe.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Never could hurt to give your own oppinion.
                    sigpic

Comment

All that matters to me, is that he returned full-time in Season 7. Daniel is by far my favorite Stargate character.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

All that matters to me, is that he returned full-time in Season 7. Daniel is by far my favorite Stargate character.
                        Amen to that.

"Victory... should be naked!" - The Slitheen

Comment

From one interview where he talked -at length- about his reason for leaving: it wasn't the money or he wanted to try other things (he didn't want out to 'move on' to other opportunites) but because of where the writers were taking his character.. here's the link to said interview: Dreamwatch interview via solutions.

In any case, while I hated season 6, I'm glad he took it off as the writers finally recognized the potential in MS's character and took advantage of his Ascension storyline. The fans has spoken.. and tptb listened, for once

Comment

I was wondering why he was not in the show for season 6.

Comment

I heard that his agent decided it was time he move on to other things. These other things didn't work out too well for him, so he came back to Stargate.
                              [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

This question comes up again and again.. I'm going to C&P my response to another thread

From one interview where he talked -at length- about his reason for leaving: it wasn't the money or he wanted to try other things (he didn't want out to 'move on' to other opportunites) but because of where the writers were taking his character.. here's the link to said interview: Dreamwatch interview via solutions.

There, straight from MS himself.

Comment

Working...
                                X